S3 back to stock from bricked?

khigh65

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I got to messing with my Sprint S3 and got all super brave with it because I had pretty much already decided to see what I could do with it or just get a Note 3.

I got it rooted and got a cyanogenmod nightly on there. I wasn't super enamored with it, so I decided to ditch that and start over. I mispressed something in the "wipe" process and now I get to a Teamwin menu and that's it. If I just boot it normally it stops at Samsung Galaxy S3. And there's no download mode.

Just for kicks I showed it to the Sprint "tech". She took one look at the teamwin thing and told me to hit the bricks, so I just got a Note 3.

Sprint will give me $52 for it. I figured what I'd like to do, though, is get it running on Ting for a couple months while I buy and sell some used cars (God knows I don't want my real number involved in that), and then put it on eBay for more than $52.

I've ordered a "jig". From what I understand that gets me to download mode, and I have Odin.

Can I get it back to "just like it was before I did anything" for maximum resale value, or what's the closest I can come?

Thanks for looking!

ETA: In looking through the messages, it sounds like it may be important to mention that it had 4.3 from Sprint.

Last edited:

khigh65

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!

One clarification, though....

The phone's not "active" any more. I believe it deactivated when I activated the Note

That means it won't get OTAs, right

Thanks again

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that's correct. You should be able to find the more recent ROMs here: Firmwares | SamMobile

Use the search function and search for SPH-L710. You should be able to use any of these files in place of the one provided in the thread I linked to.

Lumos

May 28, 2011
Visit site
If you an get into download mode, following this thread will get the stock ROM loaded:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-30-2012-sprint-only-unroot-return-stock.html

That will actually load a 4.0.x ROM, and you'll get three OTAs. The first two are 4.1.2, and third will be 4.3, if you want that.

Will this work if I had a rooted phone, then updated to 4.3? It's now kinda rooted and kinda not and I'm afraid of bricking it.

ETA: Never mind, after I went to it there's the big message saying don't do it if you did what I did.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie