Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.4 and rooting

i just got 4.4 and i was wondering if it can be rooted?

Default Re: 4.4 and rooting

Of course it can be rooted and that too with ease if you have a custom recovery installed on your device. Or you can also try out the chainfire exploit (CF AUTO ROOT) to root a galaxy S3. If it doesn't work, as some users are complaining it doesn't while some are saying it does, just wait for a but as this is relatively a recent OTA but rest assured it will be rootable. In the mean time just try CF Auto Root by googling it

I just bought a used Galaxy S3. Now I didn't purchase it with this in mind, nor had I even asked, but the seller says the unit was rooted. How can I check this? So far the phone is working quite nicely. The Android loaded on it is reporting as 4.4.2.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
    I just bought a used Galaxy S3. Now I didn't purchase it with this in mind, nor had I even asked, but the seller says the unit was rooted. How can I check this? So far the phone is working quite nicely. The Android loaded on it is reporting as 4.4.2.
    Simple, use this app.

Turns out it wasn't rooted, but one day I worked up the nerve and rooted it through towelroot. Than did the same to my Kindle HDX an hour later.

I have a gs3 for sprint 4.4.2 stock rom. Is the same process to root the phone as explained on the sticky guide, except for using different program Files?
    I don't see any guide explaining how to root 4.4.2 stock rom.
    Thanks

Towelroot works every time. It's just an apk, install it and one-click root!

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks Fredo