Can't Activate Device After Factory Reset - HELP!

melanie_jane

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new here and I'm not sure if I'm posting to the right place but I need some help. I have a rooted Sprint Galaxy S3 running KitKat 4.4.2. I'd been trying to install CyanogenMod with no success.
At some point I did a factory reset of the phone and decided not to continue with the CyanogenMod but I had ClockworkMod recovery on my phone and decided to restore to it.
Immediately I started getting errors that gapps and a bunch of other apps stopped working...I couldn't do anything so I booted into recovery mode again and did another factory reset. Now I can't activate the phone.:'( Any help would be much appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new here and I'm not sure if I'm posting to the right place but I need some help. I have a rooted Sprint Galaxy S3 running KitKat 4.4.2. I'd been trying to install CyanogenMod with no success.
At some point I did a factory reset of the phone and decided not to continue with the CyanogenMod but I had ClockworkMod recovery on my phone and decided to restore to it.
Immediately I started getting errors that gapps and a bunch of other apps stopped working...I couldn't do anything so I booted into recovery mode again and did another factory reset. Now I can't activate the phone.:'( Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forums.
I would clear cache in recovery and do one more factory reset, and see if that helps.

melanie_jane

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that. In my travels, I think I found what the problem may be - I need to restore my IMEI? I've been looking for a tutorial on how to do it with little luck. Could you help with that?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that. In my travels, I think I found what the problem may be - I need to restore my IMEI? I've been looking for a tutorial on how to do it with little luck. Could you help with that?

Unfortunately, no. I have no idea how to do that.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app