[HOW TO] Root, Unroot, Hotspot, Roms, Tips and more! (7 videos)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the information. Do I need an external sd card to root and flash? Is it recommended?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

It's not required but as you start doing things like roms and backups, you will find an external sdcard a very good investment.

mehigh

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
i just got my bran new sprint gs3. it's my first android device. first thing i did was root it. then i installed wifi tether/ treve mod. i'm able to connect to my phone's wifi and use the sprint internet. good so far. what's annoying is that every so often the app will say "What the hell! Your phone takes back control over the wifi interface. Immediate tethering-shutdown NOW!" and it turns the tethering off. is there any work-around that? i get that when i get a text, or when i press the button to turn the screen on. basically anything will trigger it. it's really annoying and am pondering of going back to my palm pre because i could have the tether app running all night on that device.

tommy_2

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I rooted. went back to stock. my binary count says 4. Does this matter?

- - - Updated - - -

I rooted. went back to stock. my binary count says 4. Does this matter?

Cozmohoot

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
any way to have wifi tether on a stock rooted sprint s3 with JB4.1.2? wifi tether aint working..tia
i would rather stay stock for now as i cant mess around too much
edit..got it with wifi tether treve....

Last edited:

jonavacado

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello Tim , tyvm for your videos links and excellent reviews. In the past I've rooted dozens of S2's many diff roms b/u with titanium.
On to my problem, following the vid, for S3 installing Cf, worked perfectly with root, the unfortunate happened, Su , accidentally uninstalled, horrible, no root access, no rom mgr. No titanium, can't boot into recovery, only access is download. Tried reinstalling twice, not happening, 3x on custom.

Anyone have any idea's? ??

Thanks Paul

Posted via Android Central App

jonavacado

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Forgot few things, 4.3 ota update, before I read any threads, not worried about knox warranty, dont wanna brick the unit, since stupidity took over with 4.3...

Posted via Android Central App

jonavacado

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
figure i should post this prior, Meyer tyvm for your input, are you telling me just to dl the .tar file and install? If so only way I can gain access is via, usb...

Screenshot_2014-02-27-09-12-28.png
Screenshot_2014-03-23-14-36-49.png