Who Has Root?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This must be a record for me, 48 hours after un boxing the phone I have root access. I would like to hear from all you guys and gals if you have rooted your gs3.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Yup, I did too (same method as you used), to restore my backups and use SETCPU... my S3 seemed to drain battery more than I thought it would, and was getting a bit warm just surfing the net.

Running a whole lot nicer now! :cool:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Scooter_In_MN

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I did too (same method as you used), to restore my backups and use SETCPU... my S3 seemed to drain battery more than I thought it would, and was getting a bit warm just surfing the net.

Running a whole lot nicer now! :cool:

OK Louie, you know that you need to share the SETCPU settings (and results) with us. I don't even have mine yet and I am planning to do this!

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I rooted right away so I could use Titanium backup to restore data to some of the apps I moved from my old phone. That's such a basic fundamental task it is surprising that Android or the phone manufacturers don't have an app that doesn't require rooting to do this.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a ton of root in my back yard and I hate that I have to deal with them today to get the new plants in!

Ooh.....I guess I was confused :)

nkawal

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I rooted mines within 2 hours of picking up the phone and activating it.

zharris24

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine rooted fine as well, until I decided to mess with firmware files. Now I am looking for a nandroid backup that I can restore onto my sphl710... always something...

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Question for the rooters out there..

Do I need to root to change the theme of the notification bar? I want the ICS notification bar. The touchwiz one works fine but it has to be the ugliest thing you've ever seen.I'm running apex launcher so everything except for the lockscreen and notification bar looks stock.4.0

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes you would have to root to change the color or icons within the notification bar.. I'm sure there are some apps out there that allow minor changes/tweaks but the easiest route is via rooting.

Rhoq

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Got my Galaxy S3 yesterday. The first thing I did, after calling Sprint to activate the device, was root it. Titanium Backup, Root Call Blocker and WiFi Tether are all essential apps to me. :)

merchmonster

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Yup, rooted mine within a couple hours of getting the phone. Rooted using xda / qbkings77 method. Took no more than a couple minutes. And about five minutes later i had strong Steves odexed blue rom flashed. Happy rooting guys.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Set Cpu can be used to set screen off profiles. I can also be used to set profiles for when hooked to a charger or whatever. If you have a kernel which supports it, you can use it co over or underclock your cpu as well as change your voltage setting. Very few touch wiz roms have custom kernels yet. However the Agat kernel in the rom and kernel library may now have some options by now.

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Got my Galaxy S3 yesterday. The first thing I did, after calling Sprint to activate the device, was root it. Titanium Backup, Root Call Blocker and WiFi Tether are all essential apps to me. :)

Which WiFi Tether are you using? I tried the one that I'd used on my old Optimus S but it fails at setting up the ad hoc network :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20