Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 360
Like Tree36Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #301  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by COOKtheKILLA View Post
    Which AGAT G3 Kernel works with Wicked Sensations? From what I have read that is an ICS kernel. If that kernel will not work is there a recommended kernel for wicked sensations?
    Generally speaking Kernels have very little to do with roms but on the gs3 they do only in that tw roms require tw kernels CM and asop require there own kernel.

    That being said, it is the hardware that is normally the issue with kernels. Kernels are the central nervous system of your phone. The kernel is the software that connects your hardware to the ROM. Being such, some phones run very well on a certain kernel and some don't run at all.

    As for the Agat kernel, some people running wicked sensations had no problem running agat. My phone did fine with it except than the battery drain was faster on agat. But that doesn't mean yours will be the same. BTW... My daughters phone won't even boot with the Agat kernel, no matter what rom is installed.

    Again Kernals run differently on every PHONE. You will just have to see what works.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  2. #302  
    biggjoe's Avatar

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    **Several

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    SkunkApe,

    Is this the Agat Kernal that you were referring to?

    [UPDATE][KERNEL][LI03] AGAT_G3_v0.2.2 for ICS TW roms. 10/21/12 - xda-developers

    Is it compatible with WickedSensations or is it only for ICS?

    Thanks!

    BJ
    Phone(s) : Samsung Galaxy S3 - Wicked Sensations ROM (v4.0) | LG Optimus S - COLD AS ICE-CM9 ROM | iPhone 4 - Jail-Broken IOS v5.0.1 | Palm Pre - **Patched & running Developer Mode & PreWare' | Palm Pixi - **Developer Mode, patched OC Kernal & PreWare | Blackberry Curve 9330 - Hybrid OS OSBB 600v9
    Tablet(s) : Toshiba Thrive 16 GB - Team Baked Black Bean Thrive ROM (Unofficial- By Pio) | B+N Nook Tablet - CodefireX for the NT ROM (Unofficial)
    Misc. Pwned Devices : Sprint Airave, Sony PSP, Wii (Homebrew), Nintendo DS/DSI, SurfBoard Cable Modems, etc.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #303  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by biggjoe View Post
    SkunkApe,

    Is this the Agat Kernal that you were referring to?

    [UPDATE][KERNEL][LI03] AGAT_G3_v0.2.2 for ICS TW roms. 10/21/12 - xda-developers

    Is it compatible with WickedSensations or is it only for ICS?

    Thanks!

    BJ
    No this isn't the agat kernel I was talking about. That is ics.

    I am talking about this one:
    AGAT_JB_v0.3.2.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1956392

    Why are you so insistent on changing the kernel? You don't even have the phone yet. The stock kernel, so far is the best on this phone. I have gotten 6010 quadrant overclocked to 1890 with agat and wicked sensations. On the stock kernel without overclocking, I get a quadrant benchmark 6100 with wicked sensations.
    I don't understand why you're so compelled to change everything and you haven't even gotten the phone.

    Again... So far, nothing has topped the stock kernel.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #304  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Something else I would like to say on the kernel front. SetCPU does seem to slow this phone down.

    I ran quadrant benchmark on a fresh install of wicked sensations v1.2 and hit a score of 6100+. Then installed SetCPU. Just installing it without making a single settings change in SetCPU. My scores were on average 1000 points lower.

    I was able to duplicate this more than 5 times. I tested each time turning off the phone and letting it cool 10 minutes between each test.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  5. #305  

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    This is good info skunkape. I tried the AGAT kernel and could not get it to boot. Restored to my nandroid running Wicked Sensations on the stock kernel. Go easy on us who have trouble with the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" motto. We just get bored and want to push our toys to their max. From experience with the OG EVO I was sure that custom kernels were better than stock given their power to over/underclock and battery saving powers. I do understand that for now the stock kernel is the best and will continue running that until the next "miracle kernel" comes out. Thanks for the info on setCPU, I have been running it since rooting and haven't noticed much of a difference. I'll have to do some tests of my own and see if I have similar results. Thanks again for your efforts Skunkape!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #306  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by COOKtheKILLA View Post
    This is good info skunkape. I tried the AGAT kernel and could not get it to boot. Restored to my nandroid running Wicked Sensations on the stock kernel. Go easy on us who have trouble with the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" motto. We just get bored and want to push our toys to their max. From experience with the OG EVO I was sure that custom kernels were better than stock given their power to over/underclock and battery saving powers. I do understand that for now the stock kernel is the best and will continue running that until the next "miracle kernel" comes out. Thanks for the info on setCPU, I have been running it since rooting and haven't noticed much of a difference. I'll have to do some tests of my own and see if I have similar results. Thanks again for your efforts Skunkape!
    BTW... You can underclock the stock kernel... You just can't overclock it.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  7. #307  
    biggjoe's Avatar

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    **Several

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Hello SkunkApe,

    Thank you so much for responding. Yes, I wasn't sure if that was the AGAT Kernal you were referring to or not, especially when I saw the 'ICS' in the title. Basically, I am interested in Overclocking, which is why I was interested in an alternative Kernal. I chose AGAT since you had mentioned that AGAT was the best Kernal you had found, other than the Stock Kernal.

    As far as the issue with SetCPU, here's another app that is a great alternative to SetCPU and does all kinds of stuff...dunno if the phone will slow down with this one as well:

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...LnBtdy5wcm8iXQ..

    Thanks again!

    BJ
    Phone(s) : Samsung Galaxy S3 - Wicked Sensations ROM (v4.0) | LG Optimus S - COLD AS ICE-CM9 ROM | iPhone 4 - Jail-Broken IOS v5.0.1 | Palm Pre - **Patched & running Developer Mode & PreWare' | Palm Pixi - **Developer Mode, patched OC Kernal & PreWare | Blackberry Curve 9330 - Hybrid OS OSBB 600v9
    Tablet(s) : Toshiba Thrive 16 GB - Team Baked Black Bean Thrive ROM (Unofficial- By Pio) | B+N Nook Tablet - CodefireX for the NT ROM (Unofficial)
    Misc. Pwned Devices : Sprint Airave, Sony PSP, Wii (Homebrew), Nintendo DS/DSI, SurfBoard Cable Modems, etc.
  8. #308  

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Great ROM, but why can't I add a samsung account to my phone? It won't even give me the option to do it. I need to be able to add the account so I can register for Samsung Dive mobile tracking. And for other reasons...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #309  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by huddybuddy View Post
    Great ROM, but why can't I add a samsung account to my phone? It won't even give me the option to do it. I need to be able to add the account so I can register for Samsung Dive mobile tracking. And for other reasons...
    Again. Please look in your app drawer for the kuban updater. There is a removed apps section. Make sure you download and flash the Samsung apps. You should be good to go.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 11-28-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #310  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    This is Not the proper thread for questions pertaining to specific roms such as wicked sensations. It has it's own support thread. This is not it.

    This is for wicked sensations.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 11-28-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  11. #311  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    2,108 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Yooo skunk... what do you know about the miui rom? I've been looking into it (well sort of)

    So just a couple questions..

    Have you tried it? If so do you like it. Would you recommend it? You know... all that good stuff.

    My interest had been sparked just because it seems a little different. I like different lol. All the other roms right now are kind of seeming the same with different themes. Which isn't really a bad thing but I like the look of the pull down in miui. anyways. Is it touch wiz or aosp ok confused because I thought cm10 kernels would only work with aosp?

    Thanks man
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #312  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    Yooo skunk... what do you know about the miui rom? I've been looking into it (well sort of)

    So just a couple questions..

    Have you tried it? If so do you like it. Would you recommend it? You know... all that good stuff.

    My interest had been sparked just because it seems a little different. I like different lol. All the other roms right now are kind of seeming the same with different themes. Which isn't really a bad thing but I like the look of the pull down in miui. anyways. Is it touch wiz or aosp ok confused because I thought cm10 kernels would only work with aosp?

    Thanks man
    Never particularly liked miui. It is too much like Iphone for my tastes. I tried it for about a week on my old nexus s4g but never on this phone. In 2 years, I don't know if they ever got 4g to work on miui. With this phone I don't even know if that is an issue because LTE is different than cdma. Besides your area may not even have lte yet anyway.
    A lot of people like it though and is an option for those that want their phone to look like an iphone
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  13. #313  

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    I'm sorry to bug, but I don't have the kuban updater in my app drawer. And is that where i would fing the Samsung apps to flash? I'm new to all this, but I love doing it.
  14. #314  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    2,108 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Never particularly liked miui. It is too much like Iphone for my tastes. I tried it for about a week on my old nexus s4g but never on this phone. In 2 years, I don't know if they ever got 4g to work on miui. With this phone I don't even know if that is an issue because LTE is different than cdma. Besides your area may not even have lte yet anyway.
    A lot of people like it though and is an option for those that want their phone to look like an iphone
    Thanks. Yeah. I probably won't try it. After looking at the thread it doesn't look like the developing for it is really up to what I'm used to... (dazed, Josh, and Clark). I'll pass lol
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #315  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by biggjoe View Post
    SkunkApe,

    Is this the Agat Kernal that you were referring to?

    [UPDATE][KERNEL][LI03] AGAT_G3_v0.2.2 for ICS TW roms. 10/21/12 - xda-developers

    Is it compatible with WickedSensations or is it only for ICS?

    Thanks!

    BJ
    I take it you're enjoying a little wickedness.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  16. #316  
    biggjoe's Avatar

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    **Several

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Hell yes I am!!! Damn this ROM is incredible!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 running 'Wicked Sensations' ROM!
    Phone(s) : Samsung Galaxy S3 - Wicked Sensations ROM (v4.0) | LG Optimus S - COLD AS ICE-CM9 ROM | iPhone 4 - Jail-Broken IOS v5.0.1 | Palm Pre - **Patched & running Developer Mode & PreWare' | Palm Pixi - **Developer Mode, patched OC Kernal & PreWare | Blackberry Curve 9330 - Hybrid OS OSBB 600v9
    Tablet(s) : Toshiba Thrive 16 GB - Team Baked Black Bean Thrive ROM (Unofficial- By Pio) | B+N Nook Tablet - CodefireX for the NT ROM (Unofficial)
    Misc. Pwned Devices : Sprint Airave, Sony PSP, Wii (Homebrew), Nintendo DS/DSI, SurfBoard Cable Modems, etc.
    Thanked by:
  17. #317  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    2,108 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Flashed a new rom. Lost my contacts of course I have a back up of my last Rom and I even backed up my apps with Titanium back up. Can someone please tell me how the hell I get my contacts back?

    I also lost my messages but I mean I don't really care about that as much as my contacts
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #318  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    Flashed a new rom. Lost my contacts of course I have a back up of my last Rom and I even backed up my apps with Titanium back up. Can someone please tell me how the hell I get my contacts back?

    I also lost my messages but I mean I don't really care about that as much as my contacts
    Your contacts should be on the cloud.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  19. #319  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    2,108 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Your contacts should be on the cloud.
    That's what I thought but when I synced mutt Google account only 47 downloaded and they are mainly email accounts
  20. #320  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    2,108 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Oh and yeah I found the file in titanium the other day thanks. Also do you know where I may find the file that I must add. Bak to in order to take screen shots without sound?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #321  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    Oh and yeah I found the file in titanium the other day thanks. Also do you know where I may find the file that I must add. Bak to in order to take screen shots without sound?
    How to Turn Off Your Shutter Sound In 2 Minutes
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  22. #322  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    2,108 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Oops. My bad. Didn't know it was the same, as my camera has it off. Thanks
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #323  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    Oops. My bad. Didn't know it was the same, as my camera has it off. Thanks
    Not sure of the file name but it should be in the same folder.... let me know...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  24. #324  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    2,108 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Not sure of the file name but it should be in the same folder.... let me know...
    Didn't see anything for screen captures or anything. Tried to see if the shutter thing was the same. So i did that. Like the other thread said but screen capture sound still played.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #325  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    Didn't see anything for screen captures or anything. Tried to see if the shutter thing was the same. So i did that. Like the other thread said but screen capture sound still played.
    I will play with it this weekend.... Lol... If I remember.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions