[SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with blazer not allowing root access. When I open a root app I'm not even prompted to confirm or deny it just automatically denies it. I was able to grant superuser access but that's it. I've already tried setting su to grant root access by default.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Look at the "Trying to root but can't get into recovery" thread in these forums too. The last post has a link to what you need. If that doesn't work, there is another SU zip in the XDA Blazer forum that will work.

footballbanker

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android Central Rom and Kernal Library

So far this Blazer ROM is very nice. Everything is very smooth and I've been on the same battery for 1d 2h 58m 19s with 24% left. I've been doing LOTS of web browsing, downloading, moving widgets and apps and just generally playing around with the phone.

Question: To flash a new ROM do I need to restore the system to before I flashed the current ROM or can I just do my wipes and flash a new ROM?

Last edited:

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

So far this Blazer ROM is very nice. Everything is very smooth and I've been on the same battery for 1d 2h 58m 19s with 24% left. I've been doing LOTS of web browsing, downloading, moving widgets and apps and just generally playing around with the phone.

Question: To flash a new ROM do I need to restore the system to before I flashed the current ROM or can I just do my wipes and flash a new ROM?

It wouldn't hurt to do a restore, but it shouldn't be necessary (I probably wouldn't bother). Either way, as long as you do the proper wiping in CWM, you should be fine.

Last edited:

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Loaded up sonic and so far so good. I didnt even have to do any wipes which I love.

Reactions: brackett5

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Loaded up sonic and so far so good. I didnt even have to do any wipes which I love.

So we can just dirty flash team sonic's freegs3?

//edit: Dirty flash worked just fine for me in case anyone else is hesitant about it.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Nice job on cleaning up the thread Skunk :)

Looks great.

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey just a suggestion since some guys have more than one ROM posted anyway you can list the actual wrong name to .

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Hey just a suggestion since some guys have more than one ROM posted anyway you can list the actual wrong name to .

Don't quite understand??? An example please.... If you are using tapatalk or another forum software other than a browser. I think I understand your issue. If you are using a browser there shouldn't be an issue as it will show the html codes just fine. But yes I am working on the tapatalk forum issue now.

Edit: Check it now. There shouldn't be any more issues with forum software not seeing the rom names.

Last edited:

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Yep that worked. Yeah it just wasn't showing up using the forum software on my phone but you got it thanks.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Yeah tapatalk has a habit of going to town on the more code-intensive guides. My JB guide looks like an absolute disaster on tapa lol.

BTW, thread looks great. Keep it up, this will be a great resource for those with a properly unlockable bootloader :).

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to delete the cpu script from the sonic Rom. When I try it says can't be deleted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki