Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sonic FreeGS3 0.0.8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    The kettle corn kernel seems very quick, responsive and stable. I would say give it a try. Use the link above as it has some fixes not available on the kettle corn thread.

2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Lolanerd View Post
    I'll try it out, thanks. Did you notice any battery improvements?
    And on a side note, jellybean is coming
    Yes the cm and perhaps the aokp versions of jb may be coming but I would miss many of the added things that come with the gs3. They won't work with cm10 or aokp. Tried cm9 for about a day and found it just turned my phone into a faster version of my old nexus.

I'll probably test out the jb Roms when they come out but I don't think that I would like it without many of the bells and whistles that come with the gs3.

As for the battery life on kettle corn. I don't feel as it's any better or worse. But it is a bit faster but really... The phone is plenty fast with the stock kernel. I will continue running the kettle corn for a few days to see if the battery improves but my first impression is it's close to the same.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

Rom update: JELLY BEAN has arrived on a Sprint GS3 near you and the link has been added to the Library. Enjoy.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sonic FreeGS3 0.0.8.1

Yes the cm and perhaps the aokp versions of jb may be coming but I would miss many of the added things that come with the gs3. They won't work with cm10 or aokp. Tried cm9 for about a day and found it just turned my phone into a faster version of my old nexus.

I'll probably test out the jb Roms when they come out but I don't think that I would like it without many of the bells and whistles that come with the gs3.
    By bells and whistles I'm guessing you mean Touchwiz and motion and all that stuff? Yeah some of the apps/features are pretty cool but tbh I don't really use most of them lol. However, to each his own, the whole point of having an android
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  
    Retired Ambassador

Absolutely... i don't use s voice, but i like smart stay, wifi direct, s beam my daughter and I both have the gs3 and they come in handy. Also all share play is needed as my phone refuses to transfer files via the usb cable.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  
    Retired Ambassador

Wrong thread

Last edited by Skunkape60; 07-17-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Global Posts
    1,032 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Absolutely... i don't use s voice, but i like smart stay, wifi direct, s beam my daughter and I both have the gs3 and they come in handy. Also all share play is needed as my phone refuses to transfer files via the usb cable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I've noticed that my music player fails when I plug in a car charger. I think that the G1 believes that it's a USB cable and since the G1 can only either act as a drive or access the card itself (not both at the same time), I can't listen to music.

Anybody else ever run into this?
    It did fine on small files but it would always give me issues when transferring things such as Roms.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Lolanerd View Post
    I'll try it out, thanks. Did you notice any battery improvements?
    And on a side note, jellybean is coming
    If you overclock this phone it really chews up the battery and spits it out. I overclocked it to 1.7 and the battery went from 100% to 50% in 2 hours with only 30 minutes screen on time.

Has anybody used the ACsyndicate ROM? If so, is it normal to be on the boot animation for almost 10 minutes now?

Edit: over 15 mins

Edit: over 20 mins

Edit: I did a battery pull and flashed a different ROM
    Last edited by footballbanker; 07-18-2012 at 02:02 PM.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  
    Retired Ambassador

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by footballbanker View Post
    Has anybody used the ACsyndicate ROM? If so, is it normal to be on the boot animation for almost 10 minutes now?

That's not normal. Always do a backup prior to flashing.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 07-18-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Rom update: JELLY BEAN has arrived on a Sprint GS3 near you and the link has been added to the Library. Enjoy.
    Which one is this??
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by brackett5 View Post
    Which one is this??
    It would be the the first one on the list. CM10.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sonic FreeGS3 0.0.8.1

Quote Originally Posted by brackett5 View Post
    Which one is this??
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 Preview Builds for SPH-L710 [7/18] - xda-developers

I actually laughed when I read this lol
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Lmao well done

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I have decided to stick this thread. Skunkape has done an excellent job of presenting a current list of ROMs, kernels, etc for the SGSIII and also provides great support too.

Nice job Skunk

Paul
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by 3:
    hoovhartid likes this.

ROM
    EH17 U. Metamorphosis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I have decided to stick this thread. Skunkape has done an excellent job of presenting a current list of ROMs, kernels, etc for the SGSIII and also provides great support too.

Nice job Skunk

Paul
    Hello everyone! I am back after being out for months. Paul, I have a question for you. I am still using my Epic 4g. I will get the new G3, so I would like to know if is there any rom that has already build in wireless hotspot in G3 roms like we have in the Epic 4g. Thank you Paul in advance.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  
    Retired Ambassador

Not trying to answer for Paul but I haven't seen one with WiFi tethering baked into the Rom yet. However WiFi tether seems to work well.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sonic FreeGS3 0.0.8.1

Quote Originally Posted by tomy2001 View Post
    Hello everyone! I am back after being out for months. Paul, I have a question for you. I am still using my Epic 4g. I will get the new G3, so I would like to know if is there any rom that has already build in wireless hotspot in G3 roms like we have in the Epic 4g. Thank you Paul in advance.
    I'm not Paul but I can say that I've heard the wifi tether for root users on the android market works well if you put it down as a Galaxy Nexus with cdma/lte.

Off topic, to those of you that have tried cm10: Is the battery life better or worse than stock ROMs such as blazer, freegs3 etc. Also, if there is a difference, is it minimal or drastic? Thanks, I would test it out but there are still a few dealbreakers for me on the ROM.

Great answers guys. Tomy, things are still early in development with the SGSIII. I can only imagine what they will be doing in coming months.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by tomy2001 View Post
    Update: Team Sonic's new update v0.0.6 now has WiFi Tethering toggle on the notification bar. I am downloading now and will report if it's working.

Edit 2: The Blazer ROM also now has embedded WiFi tether.

Last edited by Skunkape60; 07-24-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

Update: Team Sonic's new update v0.0.6 now has WiFi Tethering toggle on the notification bar. I am downloading now and will report if it's working.
    Click to view quoted image
    I was waiting for his new release! In the process of downloading now, I'm like a little kid all anxious and impatient lol. I Had the XDA forum bookmarked on my phone and it took me a min to realize they separated the forums so I couldn't find the ROMs. Some times I wonder about myself.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by bauer2 View Post
    I was waiting for his new release! In the process of downloading now, I'm like a little kid all anxious and impatient lol. I Had the XDA forum bookmarked on my phone and it took me a min to realize they separated the forums so I couldn't find the ROMs. Some times I wonder about myself.
    He said he didn't get it in this release. It will be in his next release.

Global Posts
    1,032 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Default Re: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

Did you guys do a clean install for this release, or a do you install right over the previous version? I notice that the CPU Sleep app was still there after I installed it; would the script still be running in the background?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  
    Retired Ambassador

I believe the script was removed. The app is still there. Clark said there was no problem flashing from one version of sonic to another. He said you only need to wipe if coming from a completely different Rom.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast