[SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android Central Rom and Kernal Library

Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to delete the cpu script from the sonic Rom. When I try it says can't be deleted.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Do you have permissions? What are you using to edit the script?

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm using es file explorer with permissions.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm using es file explorer with permissions.

Try root explorer. I find it much more user friendly. It has a toggle on top for switching between read only and read/write.

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

Does the kettle corn kernel really help battery life alot if I keep the clock at 1512 mHz? Just wondering if anyone that is running it sees a big difference. I would normally flash it myself and see but I'm still trying to understand all the SystemTuner stuff :p

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Does the kettle corn kernel really help battery life alot if I keep the clock at 1512 mHz? Just wondering if anyone that is running it sees a big difference. I would normally flash it myself and see but I'm still trying to understand all the SystemTuner stuff :p

It is an undervolted kernel. So it should be easier on the battery. I will be testing this kernel tonight after I get off work. There were a few bugs in it. So I haven't loaded it yet. I will tonight and well let you know. If you don't want to wait. I understand. :D

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It is an undervolted kernel. So it should be easier on the battery. I will be testing this kernel tonight after I get off work. There were a few bugs in it. So I haven't loaded it yet. I will tonight and well let you know. If you don't want to wait. I understand. :D

Awesome thanks, I think I'll restrain myself long enough to read your review lol :D

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The kettle corn kernel seems very quick, responsive and stable. I would say give it a try. Use the link above as it has some fixes not available on the kettle corn thread.

Reactions: Lolanerd

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The kettle corn kernel seems very quick, responsive and stable. I would say give it a try. Use the link above as it has some fixes not available on the kettle corn thread.

I'll try it out, thanks. Did you notice any battery improvements?
And on a side note, jellybean is coming :D

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Yes the cm and perhaps the aokp versions of jb may be coming but I would miss many of the added things that come with the gs3. They won't work with cm10 or aokp. Tried cm9 for about a day and found it just turned my phone into a faster version of my old nexus.

I'll probably test out the jb Roms when they come out but I don't think that I would like it without many of the bells and whistles that come with the gs3.

As for the battery life on kettle corn. I don't feel as it's any better or worse. But it is a bit faster but really... The phone is plenty fast with the stock kernel. I will continue running the kettle corn for a few days to see if the battery improves but my first impression is it's close to the same.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Rom update: JELLY BEAN has arrived on a Sprint GS3 near you and the link has been added to the Library. Enjoy.

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Yes the cm and perhaps the aokp versions of jb may be coming but I would miss many of the added things that come with the gs3. They won't work with cm10 or aokp. Tried cm9 for about a day and found it just turned my phone into a faster version of my old nexus.

I'll probably test out the jb Roms when they come out but I don't think that I would like it without many of the bells and whistles that come with the gs3.

By bells and whistles I'm guessing you mean Touchwiz and motion and all that stuff? Yeah some of the apps/features are pretty cool but tbh I don't really use most of them lol. However, to each his own, the whole point of having an android :D

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely... i don't use s voice, but i like smart stay, wifi direct, s beam my daughter and I both have the gs3 and they come in handy. Also all share play is needed as my phone refuses to transfer files via the usb cable.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely... i don't use s voice, but i like smart stay, wifi direct, s beam my daughter and I both have the gs3 and they come in handy. Also all share play is needed as my phone refuses to transfer files via the usb cable.

Have you tried using "Camera Mode" instead of MTP to transfer files? That's the only way that I could get mine to work...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that my music player fails when I plug in a car charger. I think that the G1 believes that it's a USB cable and since the G1 can only either act as a drive or access the card itself (not both at the same time), I can't listen to music.

Anybody else ever run into this?

It did fine on small files but it would always give me issues when transferring things such as Roms.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

If you overclock this phone it really chews up the battery and spits it out. I overclocked it to 1.7 and the battery went from 100% to 50% in 2 hours with only 30 minutes screen on time.

footballbanker

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Has anybody used the ACsyndicate ROM? If so, is it normal to be on the boot animation for almost 10 minutes now?

Edit: over 15 mins

Edit: over 20 mins

Edit: I did a battery pull and flashed a different ROM

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton