[SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I was in the middle of downloading sonic .8 via goo when it suddenly stopped the dowoad ....now I can't even (in goo) get the search updates option to work!!! What did I do??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I was in the middle of downloading sonic .8 via goo when it suddenly stopped the dowoad ....now I can't even (in goo) get the search updates option to work!!! What did I do??

I would just download the ROM from the XDA thread. Clark44 said that he's removed Goo from the ROM since he's implemented Update Me into it instead.

Reactions: brackett5

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have team Sonics room as well. In a video there was jelly bean animations but I don't have them on my . Phone. Another thing. While I do love the toggles. They are even uglier than the original ones in touch wiz. Can I theme them in any way?

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have team Sonics room as well. In a video there was jelly bean animations but I don't have them on my . Phone. Another thing. While I do love the toggles. They are even uglier than the original ones in touch wiz. Can I theme them in any way?

the video you saw was v7. It was themed. They are currently working on getting the theme compatible with v8.

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
the video you saw was v7. It was themed. They are currently working on getting the theme compatible with v8.

They have one theme ready now it's just basic blue and white but it's a start.
He said he will probably update it again tonight to finish getting the title buttons white instead of green

Last edited:

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have .7

I rooted my phone yesterday. Couple hours later I installed this rom with out wiping anything. (The guy in the video said it wasn't necessary coming from stock)

Checked xda forums. A couple of people said their batteries were draining as well. Hopefully there's an update soon

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have .7

I rooted my phone yesterday. Couple hours later I installed this rom with out wiping anything. (The guy in the video said it wasn't necessary coming from stock)

Checked xda forums. A couple of people said their batteries were draining as well. Hopefully there's an update soon

the battery issues are supposed to be figured out. Clark said he would push an OTA update with the fix. Check the update me app later to see if it's out later tonight. The problem from what I understand, the wifi continues to search for a connection even when you are already connected. It pings every 2 seconds...

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
the battery issues are supposed to be figured out. Clark said he would push an OTA update with the fix. Check the update me app later to see if it's out later tonight. The problem from what I understand, the wifi continues to search for a connection even when you are already connected. It pings every 2 seconds...

Oh is that so. Okay. I'll be on the look out. Thanks. When I do get the update in the app do I just install it? Or do I have to wipe?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Lol yeah yeah. It's almost the same thing. I'm really looking forward to the themes that will be coming soon for this rom.

Already have one. Not as sweet as jelly bomb which is coming but at least it got rid on the green notification toggles.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to get nervous. Feels like I'll brick my phone sooner or later. I'm not sure, I just feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. With that being said I'm probably not going to unroot. Just trying to make sure I know what I'm doing from now on. So it might seem as if I am spamming you with loads of dumb questions.

With everything in the update me app we can flash over the rom without wiping?

I've heard many people say the best thing to do is back up and wipe for everything.

List of things I installed after rooting
-team sonic room v8 (although if v9 or at least a v8 fix isn't it in 2 days I might unflash? Or whatever it takes to get it off my phone. Can't have a draining battery)
-flashed the biz theme in the update me app
-flashed the ui tweak to put the clock in the middle. (Notification toggles still themed. Actual bar like WiFi signal and battery are not)

I've done all of this without any wipes. Did I do something wrong?

The last time I backed up to twrp was right after I rooted. I backed up my system and apps with titanium yesterday.

This concludes my summary of ignorant flashing escapades. Thanks :p

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to get nervous. Feels like I'll brick my phone sooner or later. I'm not sure, I just feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. With that being said I'm probably not going to unroot. Just trying to make sure I know what I'm doing from now on. So it might seem as if I am spamming you with loads of dumb questions.

With everything in the update me app we can flash over the rom without wiping?

I've heard many people say the best thing to do is back up and wipe for everything.

List of things I installed after rooting
-team sonic room v8 (although if v9 or at least a v8 fix isn't it in 2 days I might unflash? Or whatever it takes to get it off my phone. Can't have a draining battery)
-flashed the biz theme in the update me app
-flashed the ui tweak to put the clock in the middle. (Notification toggles still themed. Actual bar like WiFi signal and battery are not)

I've done all of this without any wipes. Did I do something wrong?

The last time I backed up to twrp was right after I rooted. I backed up my system and apps with titanium yesterday.

This concludes my summary of ignorant flashing escapades. Thanks :p

Relax. You can always go back. You didn't do anything wrong other than not making backup. Most simple mods can be flashed without wiping. The theme is really the only thing that i would have wiped anything on. That would have been cache an dalvic only.

The number one rule in flashing making backups before you flash anything. You really only need a Couple of working backups on your phone the rest can just be copied to your computer and from there I can already get back to where i want to be. I normally only keep the two most current ones on my phone. The rest are moved to my computer.

The battery life while may less than version 7, it isn't that bad. If Clark says he's working on it, then trust me he is.

As for titanium back up. I really wouldn't worry about backing up the system data. I would just backup your user data and carry on.

Anyway, what went wrong at first when the roms wouldn't boot for you? And what did to do to fix it.

Last edited:

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Relax. You can always go back. You didn't do anything wrong other than not making backup. Most simple mods can be flashed without wiping. The theme is really the only thing that i would have wiped anything on. That would have been cache an dalvic only.

The number one rule in flashing making backups before you flash anything. You really only need a Couple of working backups on your phone the rest can just be copied to your computer and from there I can already get back to where i want to be. I normally only keep the two most current ones on my phone. The rest are moved to my computer.

The battery life while may less than version 7, it isn't that bad. If Clark says he's working on it, then trust me he is.

As for titanium back up. I really wouldn't worry about backing up the system data. I would just backup your user data and carry on.

Anyway, what went wrong at first when the roms wouldn't boot for you? And what did to do to fix it.

Thanks.So as far as back ups go... should I go to the original room I backed up and start over so I can back up the other things or would that be over the top?

And Clark's great. Really making it easy for noobs like me :p

I'm just a power hungry user with no back up or extended batteries yet. So I need that awesome battery life that was in v7 I'm fine for now though. And I just thought there would be jelly bean animation. No real problems with booting the rom.

Edit: Clark said 8.1 should be available later on today and he's given it out for testing now. Cool. And Oh yeah. What the Hell is a super charger?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance