Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Bricked my phone!!

ok im about to delete drivers and try a reinstall get back to you in a little bit. btw, thanks for sticking this out with me and the quick response
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by macmov View Post
    ok im about to delete drivers and try a reinstall get back to you in a little bit. btw, thanks for sticking this out with me and the quick response
    No problem... check your pm's
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    No problem... check your pm's
    Phone is not bricked. It is up and running now.
    Thanked by:
    macmov 

Just wanted to give Skunk a big pat on the back. I kind of took over this thread cause I had the same issue as someone else and Skunk took a lot of time to dedicate to me and my issue. Not sure where I would be right now if he didn't help. I truly thought I screwed it up good this time. I learned allot here and can assure you this won't happen again. anyway it's guys like this that keep things going and me coming back. Maybe someday I will learn enough to be more then just dangerous and be able to pay it forward . Until then God Speed!

You are unrooted with stock recovery and your phone won't boot. The first thing would be to get stock jb back into your phone. Since you will be flashing a full image tar you will check auto reboot. This will restore your phone to factory condition. You will have to root out after this is done.

Here is the Official tar file Un-Rooted and will become the official return to stock file. This will factory reset your device. This is also flashed in desktop Odin and will NOT add to your flash count.Download unzip and flash to your phone using Odin.

[Guide] HOW TO FLASH IN ODIN 3.07

Note: Flashing the PreRooted tar will not install install custom recovery. So after the phone reboots, go back into download mode and flash custom recovery in odin or you can flash it in mobile odin from your phone. Mobile Odin is available in the play store.

You can download CWM Recovery 6.0.1.2
    Skunkape60, I have a quick question (maybe 2): Before flashing this stock ROM, is there any "prep" work to do before hand? Flashing ROMs using the (custom) recovery mode usually includes clearing out cache and Dalvik cache. Using Odin doesn't require this prep?

Also, I've read some instances of the stock recovery screen picture of the android with a red triangle in its stomach. Any idea what that means? I've read answers from "shows recovery has been hacked" to "nothing to worry about"

Thanks!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Parnelli98 View Post
    Skunkape60, I have a quick question (maybe 2): Before flashing this stock ROM, is there any "prep" work to do before hand? Flashing ROMs using the (custom) recovery mode usually includes clearing out cache and Dalvik cache. Using Odin doesn't require this prep?

Also, I've read some instances of the stock recovery screen picture of the android with a red triangle in its stomach. Any idea what that means? I've read answers from "shows recovery has been hacked" to "nothing to worry about"

Thanks!
    I can give you an answer to the first, Odin overwrites everything so you really do not have to do the wipes, but you know it never hurts

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I can give you an answer to the first, Odin overwrites everything so you really do not have to do the wipes, but you know it never hurts

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes Odin will not need the cache wiped. It will overwrite.

The triangle indicates your phone has been flashed with a custom binary. Meaning is been out is rooted. It can be cleared however.
    Thanked by:

Yes Odin will not need the cache wiped. It will overwrite.

The triangle indicates your phone has been flashed with a custom binary. Meaning is been out is rooted. It can be cleared however.
    The reason I'm asking is I would like a "just in case" plan, just in case my phone starts to misbehave and I have to return it! :-P Will flashing this ROM with Oden clear this triangle? Or is clearing it more convoluted? Thanks for your help!
    Retired Ambassador

The reason I'm asking is I would like a "just in case" plan, just in case my phone starts to misbehave and I have to return it! :-P Will flashing this ROM with Oden clear this triangle? Or is clearing it more convoluted? Thanks for your help!
    Have you ever rooted before or is your phone completely stock? I ask because there is a prerooted stock tar that will not show up and will not trip the counter. In the your way to update thread. It will wipe out your installed apps and accounts but your pictures and music and stuff on the sd card is safe.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 11-13-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Have you ever rooted before or is your phone completely stock? I ask because there is a prerooted stock tar that will not show up and will not trip the counter. In the your way to update thread. It will wipe out your installed apps and accounts but your pictures and music and stuff on the sd card is safe.
    I am currently running Team Venom's Wicked Sensation ROM. Its the first ROM I've ever flashed (with the help of this forum), and its pretty good. But in the event I would have to return my phone to Sprint (or make an insurance claim and mail it off), I would like a way to get it back to as stock as possible, with no incriminating, left over evidence!. I do know about the trip counter, because it tripped when I flashed the root/recovery file thru Odin. I'm not worried about losing data/apps/account info, because I've got the important stuff backed up. It doesn't kill me to re-install apps or setup accounts. That's little stuff to worry about. And if it happens to wipe my sd card, that's no big deal either. Backed up as well (I've learned my lessons about not having backups!)
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I am currently running Team Venom's Wicked Sensation ROM. Its the first ROM I've ever flashed (with the help of this forum), and its pretty good. But in the event I would have to return my phone to Sprint (or make an insurance claim and mail it off), I would like a way to get it back to as stock as possible, with no incriminating, left over evidence!. I do know about the trip counter, because it tripped when I flashed the root/recovery file thru Odin. I'm not worried about losing data/apps/account info, because I've got the important stuff backed up. It doesn't kill me to re-install apps or setup accounts. That's little stuff to worry about. And if it happens to wipe my sd card, that's no big deal either. Backed up as well (I've learned my lessons about not having backups!)
    Your talking about the sensation? I am guessing that because you talked about Odin and mentioned it by name. I didn't think that model had a flash counter, but in any event, I would just hard brick it if I was that worried about it.

I have sent rooted phones back to verizon without a peep. They really do not care. That being said, if you head to xda, I am sure there is a way to reset the counter...

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Your talking about the sensation? I am guessing that because you talked about Odin and mentioned it by name. I didn't think that model had a flash counter, but in any event, I would just hard brick it if I was that worried about it.

I have sent rooted phones back to verizon without a peep. They really do not care. That being said, if you head to xda, I am sure there is a way to reset the counter...

I have the Sprint GS3, and I'm running a custom ROM called Wicked Sensations. :-) Just asking about a way to get me back to total stock if I should ever have the need to. I used to have the HTC Sensation 4G, but got rid of that (and T-Mo) and went to Sprint for the GS3

Edited for acronym corrections
    Retired Ambassador

I have the Sprint GS3, and I'm running a custom ROM called Wicked Sensations. :-) Just asking about a way to get me back to total stock if I should ever have the need to. I used to have the HTC Sensation 4G, but got rid of that (and T-Mo) and went to Sprint for the GS3

Edited for acronym corrections
    Yes there is an easy way back to complete stock. Just let me know when you are ready.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I have the same issue as macmov....before I throw this thing out into the wind....what steps were used to get it working? I have an att s3 but have all the att files.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by penpen72 View Post
    I have the same issue as macmov....before I throw this thing out into the wind....what steps were used to get it working? I have an att s3 but have all the att files.
    I will be glad to try and help but please don't make me read through a bunch of posts. What are you having problems with. It's it your phone not being recognized by Odin? Or is your phone sticking on the Samsung screen?

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Phone isn't being recognized on the computer at all. I cannot get into download mode. I flashed a rom earlier and now it won't turn on. If I plug it into the computer without the battery, I do get the red charge light, but when I put the battery back in, the light goes off. The camera led light has flashed once since this happened.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

also....once in a while when trying to get it to go....I get a popup on my windows computer that tries to install a qhsusb driver. I have never heard of that.
    Retired Ambassador

also....once in a while when trying to get it to go....I get a popup on my windows computer that tries to install a qhsusb driver. I have never heard of that.
    Disconnect your phone from the computer. Turn it off. Press and hold volume DOWN, power and home buttons simultaneously. You should see a warning. Release all the button and then press volume UP. What happens?

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

nothing
    Retired Ambassador

nothing
    Your phone is truly bricked...
    Check your pm's.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Haven't seen that answer in forever...bad flash or flash for a different model?

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

bad flash
    Retired Ambassador

bad flash
    One more thing to try.. remove your battery, plug your phone into the usb port on your computer. Now try going into download mode...

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

for whatever reason I am now able to hear the connection sound xp makes when I plug it into my computer.... *hoping*
    Retired Ambassador

for whatever reason I am now able to hear the connection sound xp makes when I plug it into my computer.... *hoping*
    You need that download mode working though.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast