Bricked my phone!!

Pup16001

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
So what exactly would have been the fix for this hard bricked phone cause I too had a very similar incident and I also returned mine to best buy but for the blue again! Please reply

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
There's a fix i found here on xda that someone let me know about. I'm sure if you search for "galaxy s3 brick fix" or something you'll find it.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Tyman if you jump over to xda the above mentioned from was ported to the sprint s3.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
man that's horrible to hear, on the bright side at least it didn't drop from a rollercoaster and hit the bricks n the only thing you were able to recover was the battery. ;-)

iamraphiee

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
sorry been busy at work. well, firstable i was trying to root my phone which i did, then i decided i wanted to custimize rom, and basically i did it with the wrong version with was the international. i have the sprint version. and now phone won't turn on at all

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
sorry been busy at work. well, firstable i was trying to root my phone which i did, then i decided i wanted to custimize rom, and basically i did it with the wrong version with was the international. i have the sprint version. and now phone won't turn on at all

1st thing to ask... Can you get into download mode by pressing and holding volume down, power and home simultaneously?

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you got your issues squared away, but I couldn't stop laughing that you state your no noob when it comes to rooting/flashing, but you flashed a rom not intended for your phone, and couldn't figure out what went wrong, lol... ;) all of us have mistake days...

He could have said, "I'm not a noob, I've bricked 10 of them already!"

LOL ;)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
not at all. it won't wake up. haha

Your phone is toast. You can:
1. Use it for a door stop.
2. Use it as a paperweight.
3. Give it to your child as a toy.

Even if you were able to get it into download mode, it is highly doubtful that the radio would ever work right.

Check your messages...

jcballer

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I believe you can try sending ur phone to this company, MobileTechVideos, they claim to fix all types if galaxy s III. They use the jtag device to revive your phone again. There are many videos on YouTube and on Google. If you decide to do it, let me know if it worked for you.

MikeIL57

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I bricked my i747 S3 phone by burning a wrong ROM (the one that is made for i9300). Now the phone does not turn on (black screen), cannot enter download/recovery mode either. Just dead. Connecting it to charger has no effect. Anything can be done?
thanks,

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I bricked my i747 S3 phone by burning a wrong ROM (the one that is made for i9300). Now the phone does not turn on (black screen), cannot enter download/recovery mode either. Just dead. Connecting it to charger has no effect. Anything can be done?
thanks,

You guys are way to careless. This phone is almost impossible to brick. About the only way to do it is by flashing something not made for your phone.

Yes, there is a way you may be able to fix it. But first I have to ask why you thought it OK to flash something not made for your phone?

BTW... I said may... I solo get a hold of a guy I know. Perhaps he can do something for it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy