Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #251  
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

Quote Originally Posted by Tomim Tomim View Post
    I would like to thank the person who opened this thread. I got a phone off craiglist and it won't let me update OTA. I came her through google. Very simple... worked like a charm!
    No problem... I try to make it as simple as possible.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Default Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

Thanks much appreciated. Used it for my friends phone. He was running CM Rom but had many glitches. Now he is happy. Thanks again

Thanks a lot for this! You're awesome ^^

I finally got it to work! To those who are dealing with "Parameter Incorrect" error: what I did was I simply deleted the ".md5" on the file name and odin recognized it. Hope this works out for you guys too!

If I have deleted apps using titanum backup and need to unroot do i just follow these procedures above to go back to 100% stock?
    Thank you
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #256  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by msoprano13 View Post
    If I have deleted apps using titanum backup and need to unroot do i just follow these procedures above to go back to 100% stock?
    Thank you
    Yes the instructions here well being you back to stock unrooted and return all of the apps that came with the phone.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #257  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by tymansdaddy View Post
    thanks skunkape, I appreciate the stock jellybean tar file. I hate to say that im going to us cellular for 4g. I just hate that sprint has been advertising it for 3 years with the original Evo and where I live and especially where I work, the sprint coverage isn't great even on 3g. You are always my go to on this phone and I appreciate all your help when you gave it to help me out. Do you know of anyone that needs another s3 for development purposes? I am gonna sell my sprint one. It has 2 small scratches on the screen but otherwise it works perfectly. Thanks again for all your help.
    Sorry to see you go man. I am actually getting lte almost 40% of the time now. Shoot me a pm and let me know what you want for it. I will ask around for you.

Skunk,
    I ran this today and my phone has hung on the Samsung screen. Any suggestions?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #259  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by kingnothing View Post
    Skunk,
    I ran this today and my phone has hung on the Samsung screen. Any suggestions?
    Reboot into recovery and perform a factory reset. Then it should start. Sorry it happens occasionally....
    Thanked by:

Thanks, I'm an ***** and didn't read the last blue box in the OP. I've done this about 6 times now, you would think that I would remember!

pulled my *** out of the fire man. Ive been fighting with CM10 since roughly 9pm est. couple of guys over at XDA said "baaaah just flash over it, no worries" I'll be damned! got stuck in a boot loop a handful of times, my only saving grace was the nandroid backup I had presence of mind to make this evening (stil cm10 though) I'll make sure to make a nandroid of the stock recovery when I flash again.

JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS. This fixed my issue with "SIM Card Not Inserted Error" that I was racking my brains about. Now I just have to search for a fix with my network showing Sprint then no service then Sprint again then searching for service, etc..

Nervous about this but I followed ur steps and everything worked perfectly! Thanks!!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #264  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by shawdogpro View Post
    Nervous about this but I followed ur steps and everything worked perfectly! Thanks!!
    No problem...

Sorry Skunk. Yet another question. After reading your last post you sent to me on another thread on how to root I wanted to start all over and do it again to get a better understanding of the process. UnRooting was a breeze, for I did everything you said and it took me less than a half hour. After it rebooted my computer cannot recognize the ID of my phone. I have been messing with the drivers all afternoon and into the evening. Installing the drivers takes a lot of time. Sometimes there is no ID, other times it recognizes my phone but when I open it it doesn't have any contents. When it does recognize the device and shows both phone and sd card Odin wont accept recovery.tar to flash as specified in your other thread.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #266  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Patrick View Post
    Sorry Skunk. Yet another question. After reading your last post you sent to me on another thread on how to root I wanted to start all over and do it again to get a better understanding of the process. UnRooting was a breeze, for I did everything you said and it took me less than a half hour. After it rebooted my computer cannot recognize the ID of my phone. I have been messing with the drivers all afternoon and into the evening. Installing the drivers takes a lot of time. Sometimes there is no ID, other times it recognizes my phone but when I open it it doesn't have any contents. When it does recognize the device and shows both phone and sd card Odin wont accept recovery.tar to flash as specified in your other thread.
    Your problem sounds like Windows updated your drivers through Windows update.

You have to first go my computer properties and tell Windows to never update drivers. Then remove the drivers and reinstall them.

If you reboot the computer and your device is found and then disconnect it. The next time it won't work until you reboot the computer again. That is a sure sign that Windows updated your drivers.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Your problem sounds like Windows updated your drivers through Windows update.

You have to first go my computer properties and tell Windows to never update drivers. Then remove the drivers and reinstall them.

If you reboot the computer and your device is found and then disconnect it. The next time it won't work until you reboot the computer again. That is a sure sign that Windows updated your drivers.
    Wow. I spent a lot of time trying to figure this one out and I finally was able to root again. I don't know if there is a rhyme or reason to why there was no ID. I did tell windows to never update drivers, and when I reboot my computer I get a notification verifying that I did so. It was hit and miss. I found if you switch to camera then back to media device SOMETIMES it works. And for whatever reason recovery.tar.md5 wasn't working in Odin. I had about seven downloads of it. I kept trying them all and the original one finally worked again. Thanks Skunk.
    Last edited by Keith Patrick; 02-08-2013 at 11:16 AM.

I have been trying to fix the SIM Card Not Inserted Error issue. Any suggestion?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #269  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by fsusem1992 View Post
    I have been trying to fix the SIM Card Not Inserted Error issue. Any suggestion?
    This usually does it.

I am sorry. I dont see anything. Is there suppose to be a link?

I was able to fix it through Kies. Thanks.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #272  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by fsusem1992 View Post
    I was able to fix it through Kies. Thanks.
    It's good to hear. What I meant was. Unrooting with this method usually fixes the sim card error.

Ok. So I need some help. Tried to root my Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 for Sprint and the download ran like it said it would on the site I used, but when I finished it was a black screen with a blue led. Scared the s%^& out of me. Root checker said it wasn't rooted as well as Busy Box and on the download screen it shows 4 flashes and custom binary, so now I would like to put it back to stock. I was trying to follow your directions, but could not get Triangle Away to work since my phone truely isn't rooted. I was able to restore my phone from a backup, but now it shows custom and I also now have Superuser app on my phone that I cannot get rid of. PLEASE, please help. Not very savy with this whole rooting thing and am freaked out. Ill leave the smart stuff to you guys and just have a generic phone.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #274  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by demonacm50 View Post
    Ok. So I need some help. Tried to root my Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 for Sprint and the download ran like it said it would on the site I used, but when I finished it was a black screen with a blue led. Scared the s%^& out of me. Root checker said it wasn't rooted as well as Busy Box and on the download screen it shows 4 flashes and custom binary, so now I would like to put it back to stock. I was trying to follow your directions, but could not get Triangle Away to work since my phone truely isn't rooted. I was able to restore my phone from a backup, but now it shows custom and I also now have Superuser app on my phone that I cannot get rid of. PLEASE, please help. Not very savy with this whole rooting thing and am freaked out. Ill leave the smart stuff to you guys and just have a generic phone.
    It sounds as if you let the phone reboot before flashing team epic root from recovery in recovery.

You must deselect the Auto reboot in Odin. You must pull the battery and unplug your phone when Odin completes. Then replace your battery and boot directly into recovery and flash team epic root from recovery. There are directions in the op on how to boot into recovery.

Use this method to root. It's hard to troubleshoot when you say you used a guide posted in a different site.

[GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

I have never done this before nor do I want to try again. Im trying to trace my steps to find the link I used. The download I was given is Samsung GS3 Qcom Toolkit. I remember something about Snapdragon (not sure why). Please bear with me, Im not as tech savy as yourself, but Im not a complete ***** (yet). Any help you can give me to undo this is more than appreciated! I tried first to root using Android Authority website for the L710 s3 with CWM_SuperUser_v3.0.7.zip file and clockwork mod. Didn't work so I found the second one that caused the issue.
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast