Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 566
Like Tree28Likes
  1. #276  

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by demonacm50 View Post
    I have never done this before nor do I want to try again. Im trying to trace my steps to find the link I used. The download I was given is Samsung GS3 Qcom Toolkit. I remember something about Snapdragon (not sure why). Please bear with me, Im not as tech savy as yourself, but Im not a complete ***** (yet). Any help you can give me to undo this is more than appreciated! I tried first to root using Android Authority website for the L710 s3 with CWM_SuperUser_v3.0.7.zip file and clockwork mod. Didn't work so I found the second one that caused the issue.
    I found it!!!! The site was theandroidrom.com. I followed their info on rooting. Wish I never got this idea in my head. Should've listened to gramps "If it aint broke, don't fix it!).
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #277  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by demonacm50 View Post
    I found it!!!! The site was theandroidrom.com. I followed their info on rooting. Wish I never got this idea in my head. Should've listened to gramps "If it aint broke, don't fix it!).
    The only way to use triangle away is by rooting your phone. Use the guide I linked before. It should be a piece of cake to root. Then you can use triangle away and go back to stock.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  3. #278  

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Ok. Im nervous as heck to try this again, but thanks for your time and help. Saying a little prayer and going for it! Wish me luck!
  4. #279  

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Sorry to keep buggin. Went to follow your link and got a bit confused. I downloaded the updated file you created with the cwm recovery. Do I still need the team epic one?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #280  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by demonacm50 View Post
    Sorry to keep buggin. Went to follow your link and got a bit confused. I downloaded the updated file you created with the cwm recovery. Do I still need the team epic one?
    Yes... read the instructions.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  6. #281  

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Yes... read the instructions.
    You my friend are the MAN!!!! I am rooted. Painless. One last question. If I wanted to stay rooted, now what? How do I get rid of the pre-installed apps on my phone? Or go back to stock because Im not meant for this android stuff? Be honest, I can take it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #282  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by demonacm50 View Post
    You my friend are the MAN!!!! I am rooted. Painless. One last question. If I wanted to stay rooted, now what? How do I get rid of the pre-installed apps on my phone? Or go back to stock because Im not meant for this android stuff? Be honest, I can take it.
    The easiest and safest way is titanium backup. You can remove apps and your phone can stop working properly. There are apps that need to be there. With titanium backup pro you can freeze your apps 1st. Test your phone for a few days and if everything is working as it should. You can backup the apps and then remove them. I always suggest you back up apps before removing them.

    As for going back to stock. I think you already found that thread.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  8. #283  

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    So If I follow this guide completely, it will not wipe my data?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #284  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplashh View Post
    So If I follow this guide completely, it will not wipe my data?
    It shouldn't... there have been a few instances where a factory reset was required but very few. The process doesn't wipe data but very rarely the phone will hang at the Samsung screen. To fix this you must go into recovery and perform s factory reset. This is normally caused by a corrupted data file. So if your data is in good shape, you shouldn't have any problems.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  10. #285  

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    It shouldn't... there have been a few instances where a factory reset was required but very few. The process doesn't wipe data but very rarely the phone will hang at the Samsung screen. To fix this you must go into recovery and perform s factory reset. This is normally caused by a corrupted data file. So if your data is in good shape, you shouldn't have any problems.
    Okay. Thank you!

    Sent From A Hue'd Cyanogenmod10 Galaxy S3.
  11. #286  

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Does the stock file work for both the 16g and 32gb version of sg3. I have the sprint 32gb and don't want to flash a 16gb version and lose the storage space. I don't know if there are different version for your storage size
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #287  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Shot#WN View Post
    Does the stock file work for both the 16g and 32gb version of sg3. I have the sprint 32gb and don't want to flash a 16gb version and lose the storage space. I don't know if there are different version for your storage size
    It doesn't matter... It will work the same on either.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  13. #288  

    Default Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

    Dude you are the man! I rooted my GS3 2 months after getting it, thinking that it would benefit me. Well, the truth is that i didnt know what i was really doing. I didnt read into it as much as i should have, and i thought i was stuck with a rooted device that would get all of its data wiped if I tried to unroot. Now i have jelly bean and i dont think i will be rooting anytime soon. Maybe once i get to know all of this stuff a little better. Ohh and just a quick bit of advice for anyone tring to do this. If odin fails to complete the process; dont give up/try try again. It failed 3 times last night and i woke up this morning and it worked! THanks again man!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #289  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    No problem...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  15. #290  

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    So I did this and got the PASS...looks like I went back to stock. But I have an no smoking looking sign in the top left corner...wont let me pull the "drop down bar" down. I need to completely wipe this phone back to stock so what do I do after I have unrooted it?

    - - - Updated - - -

    So I did this and got the PASS...looks like I went back to stock. But I have an no smoking looking sign in the top left corner...wont let me pull the "drop down bar" down. I need to completely wipe this phone back to stock so what do I do after I have unrooted it?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #291  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by egon10psi View Post
    So I did this and got the PASS...looks like I went back to stock. But I have an no smoking looking sign in the top left corner...wont let me pull the "drop down bar" down. I need to completely wipe this phone back to stock so what do I do after I have unrooted it?

    - - - Updated - - -

    So I did this and got the PASS...looks like I went back to stock. But I have an no smoking looking sign in the top left corner...wont let me pull the "drop down bar" down. I need to completely wipe this phone back to stock so what do I do after I have unrooted it?

    Go into stock recovery and perform a factory reset.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  17. #292  

    Default Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

    Can you use Mobile Odin to do this? I do not have a PC.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #293  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgot View Post
    Can you use Mobile Odin to do this? I do not have a PC.
    I don't really know that answer. Let me know. I know you can't root with it but never thought about unrooting.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  19. #294  

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    I followed the steps in this tread and it worked fine, reset everything back to stock. But now I am getting an error that says I need to install my SIM card. I doesnt really affect anything, but it is really annoying having that icon up in the corner. Any ideas.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #295  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by David Dale View Post
    I followed the steps in this tread and it worked fine, reset everything back to stock. But now I am getting an error that says I need to install my SIM card. I doesnt really affect anything, but it is really annoying having that icon up in the corner. Any ideas.
    Did you previously edit your msl? Normally that is the cause. If so you should always return your msl back to stock prior to flashing anything to your phone.

    When your phone updates to ma6, it will most likely fix your issues.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  21. #296  

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Spunk I have to unroot my phone to send to Samsung because they are going to fix the screen. They told me they were also going to flash my phone. Because the screen is not warrentied do you think I need to use triangle away?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #297  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by phippsy84 View Post
    Spunk I have to unroot my phone to send to Samsung because they are going to fix the screen. They told me they were also going to flash my phone. Because the screen is not warrentied do you think I need to use triangle away?
    I would.....
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  23. #298  

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I would.....
    Thanks for the advice
  24. #299  

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    I have been using CM 10.1 ROM for a few days. I would like to go back to the stock sprint ROM, but remain rooted. Is there a way I can flash a "stock" rooted ROM, or should I put the stock ROM on then re-root?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #300  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by rclksr View Post
    I have been using CM 10.1 ROM for a few days. I would like to go back to the stock sprint ROM, but remain rooted. Is there a way I can flash a "stock" rooted ROM, or should I put the stock ROM on then re-root?
    Didn't you make a nandroid backup of your stock but rooted ROM. If not, there is a stock rooted ROM in the "Your Way to Update to mb1" thread. It will update you to the newest official stock rooted ROM.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B