Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223
Like Tree28Likes

Default Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

I had a rooted S3 on 4.2.1 which was having all sorts of issues including not being able to update. I just used this method to flash it back to the stock, and now it hardly works at all. It won't connect to Kies, I gives me multiple popups of whats not working constantly and I can't navigate it.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Have a serious issue. I can get into download mode but I cant get into the phone to run triangle away and when go into download mode I see it says custom 1. i need to reset it to send back to sprint.
    The reason i cant get into the phone is because it boots up normal and then powers downs because it claims it has 0% on battery even though it is fully charged. i tried a different battery to no avail.
    I t runs fine in recovery mode or download mode on the battery.
    Can i flash an older rom for ex; if i have 4.2 can i flash 4.04?
    Also it wont mount the sd card so odin is the only thing i can do.

Quote Originally Posted by risingdirtpaw View Post
    I had a rooted S3 on 4.2.1 which was having all sorts of issues including not being able to update. I just used this method to flash it back to the stock, and now it hardly works at all. It won't connect to Kies, I gives me multiple popups of whats not working constantly and I can't navigate it.
    Is your S3 a Sprint phone? I've run this procedure multiple times, and had no issues. If you haven't already, do a factory reset in recovery. If that doesn't work, I'd redownload the ROM file, in case the download was corrupted, and then reinstall it through Odin.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by zaq1234 View Post
    Have a serious issue. I can get into download mode but I cant get into the phone to run triangle away and when go into download mode I see it says custom 1. i need to reset it to send back to sprint.
    The reason i cant get into the phone is because it boots up normal and then powers downs because it claims it has 0% on battery even though it is fully charged. i tried a different battery to no avail.
    I t runs fine in recovery mode or download mode on the battery.
    Can i flash an older rom for ex; if i have 4.2 can i flash 4.04?
    Also it wont mount the sd card so odin is the only thing i can do.
    Yes, you can flash an older ROM as long as you don't try to go from 4.3 to an earlier version. The ROM tar file linked in this thread is actually an ICS ROM, so it will take you to an older version. That won't solve your flash counter problem, though. If you flash a ROM in Odin with the flash counter set at 1, it will stay at 1.

Is your phone still under Samsung's warranty? I ask because many people report that Sprint doesn't seem to care if your phone has been rooted. Samsung, OTOH, definitely does.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

Yes I managed to get the counter to reset I first flashed a stock but rooted rom. them flashed back a custom recovery then flashed the one file unroot remove counter which worked. now i got to send it back.

Glad you got it all sorted.

was running a Wicked rom and needed to go back to stock to give phone to someone else.
    Everything went great phone boots up fine but after the lte and sprint logos it just sits on the Samsung screen glowing....
    what did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by sirtronics View Post
    was running a Wicked rom and needed to go back to stock to give phone to someone else.
    Everything went great phone boots up fine but after the lte and sprint logos it just sits on the Samsung screen glowing....
    what did I miss?
    This seems to happen every now and then. Power down, then boot into recovery and factory reset. That should clear it up for you. If not, you might have gotten a bad download. Try downloading the file in this post: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock and try Odin again, with this new file.

The OP of this thread mentions that you shouldn't use this unrooting method from 4.3. But I didn't get the official 4.3 update. I flashed 4.3 with the Knox removing files etc. So can I use this unrooting method before selling my phone? If not how do I go back to stock? Thanx!

If you didn't accept the OTA, and don't have Knox installed, this should work fine. It will put you back to a 4.0x version ROM. You'll then get two OTAs that upgrade you to 4.2.1. A third OTA request will be fore 4.3.

Don't you need a PIT file too? My gs3 is hardbricked and no buttons work however a jig takes it into download mode... i know this is one file that i need but dont i need a PIT too?

If you install the factory ROM, I believe that will give you the factory partitioning. I've not tried to restore a bricked phone with this, but have used it to unroot my phone, and it worked fine without a PIT file.

hello idk if people still read or reply to this but i had 4.1.2 and used this method to unroot my s3 its from sprint and after it reset all i get is process.media, process.email, process.gapps had stoped i get more than thoes 3 its like 9 diffrent ones. can any one help me?

i had 4.1.2 and used this method to unroot my s3 its from sprint and after it reset all i get is process.media, process.email, process.gapps had stoped i get more than thoes 3 its like 9 diffrent ones. can any one help me?

Try doing a factory reset. That should clear it up.

Is there a way yet to unroot your phone after doing the update? Ever since updating it gives me random notes about superuser detection or access and seems laggy. Nothing huge, but I'd really like to take the phone back to normal and start over.
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223