Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by NiteTrekker View Post
    What did you use to reflash your favorite backup? For example, I'm currently using Apex Launcher Pro and have all the apps and pages set up like I want them. Is there an easy way to get it back to that state?

On my Epic 4, I used Titanium Backup Pro to restore apps and data one by one (batch restore caused issues) and it sometimes took a few hours to get my phone back like I had it.

I'm currently using a modified LG2 patch found in the thread below and was wondering what's the easiest way to update to LG8 and return my phone to the exact state it's in now.

Thanks for any advice!
    I flashed the backup made with my custom recovery. Anytime I flash something I backup my entire system.when it restores, it restores my phone to the exact state it was in before. This includes launcher, shortcuts, settings, apps, data, keyboards, wallpaper, browser bookmarks and passwords. Absolutely everything is identical.

Default Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I flashed the backup made with my custom recovery. Anytime I flash something I backup my entire system.when it restores, it restores my phone to the exact state it was in before. This includes launcher, shortcuts, settings, apps, data, keyboards, wallpaper, browser bookmarks and passwords. Absolutely everything is identical.
    Thanks, I used your method to unroot, let OTA do the updates and then manually updated to LG8, all without losing a thing as far as apps and settings go.

I do have one question, I know that the Google Search was disabled for local searches. I restored it via Titanium backup but I think I read somewhere that I will lose it again when I reboot and have to change permissions or something like that. Do you know the proper method?

Thanks!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by NiteTrekker View Post
    Thanks, I used your method to unroot, let OTA do the updates and then manually updated to LG8, all without losing a thing as far as apps and settings go.

I do have one question, I know that the Google Search was disabled for local searches. I restored it via Titanium backup but I think I read somewhere that I will lose it again when I reboot and have to change permissions or something like that. Do you know the proper method?

Thanks!
    Yes, it's pretty easy. Delete the delete the googlequicksearchbox.apk inside of system/apps. Then copy the file that I've attached to the same location. You may have to reboot but I'm not positive.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Blazer

Pretty much... I have used the file many times and knew the process worked. But wanted to be sure nothing got borked when the file was rezipped. Since you have bricked one so far I just wanted to be double sure for you.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerRider View Post
    Does this method reset the Flash Counter?
    If your counter has already been tripped, no. However, it won't add any counts as it's the stock official image file.

But if you would like to reset your counts, i have already made a thread that tells you how to do it. Go here to reset your counts

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Hey bud, how's it going.hey question, I used this, unrooted, and now I can't keep custom recovery when trying to reroot! It will go into cwm once and then overtime after that out just goes to stock recovery! Why? If hi can help me regain my full proper root back, I would greatly appreciate it.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Even if I install recovery through Rom manager it boots into com once then the next time outs right back too stock recovery! What's going on with it?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Pup16001 View Post
    Even if I install recovery through Rom manager it boots into com once then the next time outs right back too stock recovery! What's going on with it?
    First thing to try is updating your bianaries and trying again. If you haven't this should work.

Download all the files to your phone and place the CWM on your sd card. No need for your desktop. Make sure you re-enable root first.

1. Place Team Epic Root From Recovery To your external sd.
    2. Click on Mobile Odin Lite and choose install (Do not open yet)
    3. Click on Mobile Odin Flash APK and choose install
    4. Open Mobile Odin Lite and allow root access. If it says you are not rooted then you will have to do it the old fashion way with Desktop Odin see below...
    6. click on recovery option and choose external or internal sd (Where did you put your recovery file.)
    6. Choose your recovery.
    7. Scroll down to flash firmware and select. You will get a warning so press continue.
    Your device will now boot into recovery.
    8. While in recovery flash Team Epic Root From Recovery.

Root with desktop Odin

1. Move the CWM to your computer (remember where you put it)
    2. Open Desktop Odin.
    3. Click on the PDA block and after a moment a browser box will open. Browse to the CWM tar file.
    4. Uncheck Auto Reboot and Reset Timer (If your phone reboots before installing Team Epic Root for Recovery you will lose recovery again)
    Note. The only block checked should be PDA and in the block by pda should be the path to CWM tar.
    5. Put your phone in download mode by pressing and holding volume down, power and home buttons at the same time until a warning comes up. then press the volume up to continue.
    6.Now plug your phone into the usb port and be sure you see com and a number in the ID:COM box. This lets you know Odin recognizes your phone.
    7. Click on the start button. It will be safe to unplug your phone from the computer when the message block says "disconnected". It should go back to recovery when finished.
    While in recovery flash team Epic Root for Recovery. You should be good.

By unchecking the Auto Restart block it Shouldn't reboot the phone. If it does you will have to try again. So it could be a good idea to pull the battery cover off so you can pull the battery if it tries to restart.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's a one file one flash method to return to stock. This will return you phone to a stock unrooted state without removing your apps or data. While you will need your drivers and Odin desktop loaded, you will only be flashing a single file to your phone.

[BOX="Drivers"]
    Your Samsung Drivers MUST be installed correctly on your computer prior to continuing. You can install them by installing keis.

or
    alone

Either way wait until the software installs completely before plugging your device into the computer. When you have completed driver installation, plug in your device. The computer should now tell you it is installing drivers click on the details and wait until there is a green check by all the drivers. Unplugging your device before it's complete will cause you problems. [/BOX]

[BOX="Preparing Your Computer"]
    You will need to download the following files to your desktop or notebook computer. Just click on the file names and that should download the file required. I would suggest you make a folder on your desktop and name it something like Root GS3

After downloading the above files to your computer:

1. double click on the "Odin 3.07 zip". Copy the "Odin307" folder into your "UnRoot GS3" folder.
    2. double click on the "KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.zip" And Copy "KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5 and the " SS_DL.dll" files to the UnRoot GS3 folder [/BOX]

[BOX="Using Odin"]
    1. Open the "Odin307" folder and right click on "Odin3 v3.07.exe" and choose run as administrator. Odin will open.
    2. place your phone into download mode. Turn off phone - press and hold volume down, home button and power button at the same time. When you see the warning push the volume up button to continue.
    3. Plug your usb cord to your phone and computer and wait until you see any number and com in the com
    4. Check the PDA block and browse to "KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5" in your UnRoot GS3 Folder

5. Verify Auto Reboot is checked as well as F. Reset Time [/BOX]

When all this is setup Odin should look like this:

6. If everything looks like the picture, click on the start button in Odin.

Note: This is vary large file and make take up to 10 minutes to complete.

When the phone leaves download mod and starts to reboot you can remove the usb cord.
    Galaxys3root.com is all u need

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Thanx, gonna try it now.I updated all binaries several times.no luck.I'll post my results thanx.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I purchased mobile Odin pro, so I'll use that.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Where it's team epic root for recovery?

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Never mind, I found it.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Your directions say for desk top Odin move cwm file to your desktop and then find the cwm tar file through Odin.am I putting the cwm epic team win file on the desktop? Cause it's not a tar file.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Again, never mind
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  
    Retired Ambassador

Your directions say for desk top Odin move cwm file to your desktop and then find the cwm tar file through Odin.am I putting the cwm epic team win file on the desktop? Cause it's not a tar file.
    What your doing is flashing cwm tar file in Mobile Odin. It will reboot you to cwm recovery. Then while in recovery, flash team epic root from recovery.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I'm good now why does it go back to stock recovery after one unroots anyway? But yeh, I'm good to go now thank you!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  
    Retired Ambassador

I'm good now why does it go back to stock recovery after one unroots anyway? But yeh, I'm good to go now thank you!
    Just samsung trying to make it harder for us. It wasn't like this with LEN. Samsung implemented it with (I think) lf9. If you aren't rooted correctly the phone will try to replace your recovery with stock. This is why you must either pull your battery or tell Odin not to re start when rooting. Also why I recommend using the no flash count method to root. It has superuser built into the stock image. The issue is the su it has is older. I will need to update the instructions so this doesn't continue to be an issue. Which I will do when I get off work.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I'm sorry to have bothered you do much.oh and I used chain fire app" triangle away" toreset my counter anyway.thanx again.

mine failed is it because i have an epic 4g touch... what happens if it fails and its still on the android picture on my phone...what is the next step
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  
    Retired Ambassador

Please don't tell me you tried to root using the Galaxy S3 method. Please tell me you're kidding... If not, i would suggest you you head over to the touch forums and ask for help.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Hey thanks alot . I used this method and worked perfectly . I recive all updates just in half hour after going back to stock . N also didnt loose any data or anything . Thanks again

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

Hey Skunk! Are there mirrors for this file? I'm having a hard time trying to download it
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by hiero View Post
    Hey Skunk! Are there mirrors for this file? I'm having a hard time trying to download it
    Which file? And I will get something up for you. There's a bunch of them in this thread

But it will probably be after work before I can get to it.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 08-01-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    Thanked by:
    hiero 

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

Which file? And I will get something up for you. There's a bunch of them in this thread

But it will probably be after work before I can get to it.

Unless you can just swipe off framework-res.apk for me
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast