Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 566
Like Tree28Likes
  1. #176  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Thanks - yes, I was when I first started all this. While in Odin I kept failing then finally after maybe 35 minutes exited out since nothing was happening. I am at a point where I can shut down my phone so I am going to try to get into Download mode again and try again.
  2. #177  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    How long before something shows up in ID:COM ? At what point do I exit becasue my phone isn't being recognized? When I did this last night I thought it saw my phone pretty quick.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #178  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by ChknLady View Post
    How long before something shows up in ID:COM ? At what point do I exit becasue my phone isn't being recognized? When I did this last night I thought it saw my phone pretty quick.
    In this order:
    1. Try turning off your phone.
    2. Disconnecting it from the computer.
    3. Restarting your computer.
    4.Start Odin
    5. Check the pda block
    6. Browse to the return to stock file
    7. Put phone in download mode
    8. Plug in your phone.
    9. Look for com and any number in the id com
    10. Then start button

    Note: this file well take 8-15 minutes to finish.

    Your phone will automatically restart when done.

    11. Pull out the cable and wait. If it does on Samsung screen more than 10 minutes, remove and reinstall battery.

    12. Go into recovery mode. Volume up, power and home simultaneously. As soon as you see Samsung on the screen release all 3 buttons.

    13. In recovery choose factory reset..
    14. Restart phone.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  4. #179  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    OK - I did steps thru to 10. Then I got hung up again. It is still connected and I haven't stoped anything but there is an FAIL in red in the first box above ID:COM then below are lines of script with the last two:
    <ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

    This is where it got hung up last time. I got that all drives were updated, had no trouble getting into download mode and setting up Odin as told.
    Now what?

    Looking in other threads there are comments about using the USB ports in the back of the computer and making sure the battery is out of the phone. Did not read that here - will this make a difference? Also, if someone has advice on how to get unstuck please let me know first how to get out of the download screen. Thanks.
    Last edited by ChknLady; 11-24-2012 at 07:37 PM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #180  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Re-download the file it may be corrupted.

    Which file are you flashing in odin? "KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.zip" or "COMBINATION_L710VPBLJ7_L710SPRBLJ7_329968_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.zip"

    One more question. The file you're flashing does it end in .zip?
    It should end in .md5...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  6. #181  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    I am flashing \Desktop\UNROOT GS3\COMBINATION_L710VPBLJ7_L710SPRBLJ7_329968_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5 and not the .zip file. I will download and try again. How do I safely get out of the Download screen? Thank You.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #182  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by ChknLady View Post
    I am flashing \Desktop\UNROOT GS3\COMBINATION_L710VPBLJ7_L710SPRBLJ7_329968_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5 and not the .zip file. I will download and try again. How do I safely get out of the Download screen? Thank You.
    You can pull the battery... It's by far the easiest.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  8. #183  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    that is easy enough!

    I did have to start this over once I tried to try again - seems even the slightest delay in getting the phone into download and connecting and Odin would end and not even try to recognize my phone. But if I got the phone ready then opened the tar file then connected my phone it would recognize it almost immediately. At which point I hit start. So I am waiting to see if it gets caught up again. Redownloaded the JB stock and the Odin zip. So everything newly installed. Hope third time is a charm!
    Last edited by ChknLady; 11-24-2012 at 09:04 PM.
  9. #184  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    So I failed again:

    <ID:0/005> __XmitData_Read ..
    <ID:0/005> XmitData Fail..
    <ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

    I am starting to freak a little that my wonderful phone is messed beyond repair. The instructions look so easy.
    Last edited by ChknLady; 11-24-2012 at 09:31 PM.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #185  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by ChknLady View Post
    So I failed again:

    <ID:0/005> __XmitData_Read ..
    <ID:0/005> XmitData Fail..
    <ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

    I am starting to freak a little that my wonderful phone is messed beyond repair. The instructions look so easy.
    Why are you wanting to go back to stock anyway?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  11. #186  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    I am not comfortable enough with my lack of knowledge of all things root to know what I am doing with a rooted phone. The phone came with SuperUser and I don't even know what to do with it. I keep getting the OTA for JB and can't get it, at least not the easy way. I have no time as it is, I just want to have a plain phone that works and takes its updates. I know, lame. But with my life easy is best right now.
    I have gone to my laptop and put Odin and the JB stock file on. Just rebooted and will try on here. Wouldnt be the first time my desktop has caused me pain and suffering. After this I don't know what I will do. But thank you for checking in on me!!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #187  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by ChknLady View Post
    I am not comfortable enough with my lack of knowledge of all things root to know what I am doing with a rooted phone. The phone came with SuperUser and I don't even know what to do with it. I keep getting the OTA for JB and can't get it, at least not the easy way. I have no time as it is, I just want to have a plain phone that works and takes its updates. I know, lame. But with my life easy is best right now.
    I have gone to my laptop and put Odin and the JB stock file on. Just rebooted and will try on here. Wouldnt be the first time my desktop has caused me pain and suffering. After this I don't know what I will do. But thank you for checking in on me!!
    Let me know if the laptop works...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  13. #188  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    So that didn't work. 2 nights in a row up way too late. So I have a S3 with a shattered screen and one that right now is a big ole brick. I need sleep, a clear head, and an idea of what is/went wrong.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #189  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by ChknLady View Post
    So that didn't work. 2 nights in a row up way too late. So I have a S3 with a shattered screen and one that right now is a big ole brick. I need sleep, a clear head, and an idea of what is/went wrong.
    Did you buy this already rooted?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  15. #190  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Yes, I bought this rooted. Has SuperUser on it - when I researched what that was and why it didn't go away when I hard reset the phone I learned about rooting. No big deal until I started getting the JB update but couldn't download. More research and, well, here I am!

    My phone is now stuck on the "... select recovery mode in Kies ..." screen. I have been stuck here before and got back into download mode, ut not via Kies becasue Kies does not recognize my phone.

    Do you think you can help me get any form of my phone back (rooted or not)? Seems to be stuck in limbo.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #191  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by ChknLady View Post
    Yes, I bought this rooted. Has SuperUser on it - when I researched what that was and why it didn't go away when I hard reset the phone I learned about rooting. No big deal until I started getting the JB update but couldn't download. More research and, well, here I am!

    My phone is now stuck on the "... select recovery mode in Kies ..." screen. I have been stuck here before and got back into download mode, ut not via Kies becasue Kies does not recognize my phone.

    Do you think you can help me get any form of my phone back (rooted or not)? Seems to be stuck in limbo.
    I've never seen select recovery mode in kies so I don't know what you did. I will get someone I know to look at this thread and see if he can help you.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  17. #192  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I've never seen select recovery mode in kies so I don't know what you did. I will get someone I know to look at this thread and see if he can help you.
    If I can get back into download mode I guess try again? The only thing I haven't changed is the cable. Different computer, dowloaded the Odin and stock files multiple times. I will see if 1) I can get into download mode and 2) if I can get my hands on another USB cable.
    I am guessing trying to download again can't hurt, right?
  18. #193  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    You need to be in Download mode to use PC Odin.

    Swyped from my SPH-L710
  19. #194  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    HOLY COW!! I got it to work!! 48 hours and at least 8 tries later I am back with a working, and updated, phone! At one point I tried a factory reset so I now need to bring everything back onto my phone but that's OK!
    Actually, there were many who posted to this thread that needed to do a reset after - I did not. Got the successfully updated message, it shut off, then came back on asking if I had a Google account. Wonderful! Must have been the extra prayers I said at church today! Actually, the ONLY THING DIFFERENT was I used a different USB cable.
    Thank you to everyone, especially Skunkape, for their words of wisdom.
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #195  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    I am very pleased.. I sent you a pm offering to it try and do it for you remotely. I guess we won't need any of that... again I am very glad you got this to work. I don't take it well when I can't help with this type of thing.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  21. #196  

    Default Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

    I was having issues with my device freezing so I attempted an unroot. Now it will not get past the samsung screen and has a blue light flashing on the LED.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #197  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by K00l Br33z3 View Post
    I was having issues with my device freezing so I attempted an unroot. Now it will not get past the samsung screen and has a blue light flashing on the LED.
    If it hangs on the Samsung screen, boot into stock recovery and do a factory reset. I will add a note to the instructions....
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  23. #198  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Okay, thank you. I just got your message as I am performing the root process again.
  24. #199  

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    It seems I'm in quite the bind. I got nuthin. Either way, I'm hanging on to that same screen and blue light.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #200  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

    Quote Originally Posted by K00l Br33z3 View Post
    It seems I'm in quite the bind. I got nuthin. Either way, I'm hanging on to that same screen and blue light.
    One more time. Turn off phone. Boot into RECOVERY. volume UP, power and home buttons simultaneously. As soon as you see the word samsung on the screen release all the buttons. using the volume up and down to navigate. select factory reset from the menu. then press the power buttons to activate your selection. Then confirm your choice. when complete restart phone an you will be fine.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B