[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

So, but How do u think can I get it back to work Skunkape?? Could u give me a hint??

---------- Post Merged at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:24 PM ----------

My phone has superuser but not CWM.. and was rooted..

I'm not sure how to other gs2's work but on the epic touch, recovery is built into the kernel. I would have to know what carrier you have and read a little. I've only dealt with the epic touch version of the s2.

marksparrrrrrr

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

can someone please help....i unrooted using this method and on reboot after odin finished flashing it just stays on the black samsung screen
like when my phone boots up it just says samsung galaxy sIII then sprint lte, and the samsung black and white screen.....it stays on this screen

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

can someone please help....i unrooted using this method and on reboot after odin finished flashing it just stays on the black samsung screen
like when my phone boots up it just says samsung galaxy sIII then sprint lte, and the samsung black and white screen.....it stays on this screen

There are two methods in the op. Which one did you use? What is the name of the file you downloaded?

Can you get into recovery? If so see if you can do a factory reset. If not, go into download mode and try again.

Last edited:

dragumox3

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

So, if you used custom roms (like CM10), will you still go back to Touchwiz ICS stock with this? I'm just making sure.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

So, if you used custom roms (like CM10), will you still go back to Touchwiz ICS stock with this? I'm just making sure.

Absolutely. Either method. But i would use the flash in recovery method. It doesn't get any easier.

dragumox3

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

I flashed it, and now I just keep seeing the Samsung logo light up in blue after the Sprint 4G LTE thing. Did I do anything wrong?

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

I flashed it, and now I just keep seeing the Samsung logo light up in blue after the Sprint 4G LTE thing. Did I do anything wrong?
Have you tried doing a factory reset as mentioned in this thread?
This seems to be the cure to getting stuck on the Samsung logo.

While the phone is off, press and hold Vol Up + Home + Power
Let go once the Samsung logo appears
Navigate to Fcctory reset and do it.

joedroid12

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Just did the easy method of returning s3 sprint to stock and it worked like a charm. I did have to do the factory reset and then it was smooth sailing.Thanks for the simple instructions and assistance buddy!

jermajesty

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site

Seems to be a lot of people saying they had to factory reset. Is this correct, or is it just people being impatient with the first boot after flashing? I don't want to lose the way my backup is configured.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Seems to be a lot of people saying they had to factory reset. Is this correct, or is it just people being impatient with the first boot after flashing? I don't want to lose the way my backup is configured.

I will test again.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

This time it required a reset. the 1st time it didn't so I guess it is a 50/50 type of deal for me. You can use the old method also on the op and you won't lose any data. but you will go back to LEN. But really that's not an issue as your phone will get all the previous updates one after the other via ota. If you want to go back to stock these are your opions:

1. flash the updated zip in custom recovery and possibly have to do a factory reset
2 use the original method, flashing a tar in desktop odin. You will not loose data but you will have to let your phone upadate via ota.

BTW... I'm already rerooted and nandroid restored.

cteq1

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

Noobie here. i took the plunge and rooted my phone and few days later got notification of software upgrade which I cant do now. I am not too technical but I followed the videos to do the rooting.

I would like to unroot, but dont want to lose all the data/txt messages etc. Is there a way to do this, take upgrade and then root it again? I read about new ROM's but will that also not prevent from phone upgrading the software?
So please point me to right direction if its possible to unroot without losing data. I know I can do backup etc but thats a long process.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

For people with rooted phones and a custom recovery, here is a fail safe method to update from ANY previous GS3 software revision to LI3. You don't need to have the bloatware, you won't need to remove or backup your root. Just download and flash 2 files in recovery and you're fully up to date. Please thank freeza for providing this updated stock rom.
You don't need to go back to stock

Download these 2 files and put them on your phone's external sd card.
Wipe cache partition and dalvik (You don't need to wipe data or factory reset)
Then flash each of the 2 files.

[ROM]9/20/12 LI3 Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 3

LI3 Modem / Radio

If you've never flashed a zip in custom recovery and need more detailed instructions let me know. But I figure if you got your phone rooted with custom recovery, then you've flashed at least once.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

For people with rooted phones and a custom recovery, here is a fail safe method to update from ANY previous GS3 software revision to LI3. You don't need to have the bloatware, you won't need to remove or backup your root. Just download and flash 2 files in recovery and you're fully up to date. Please thank freeza for providing this updated stock rom.
You don't need to go back to stock

Download these 2 files and put them on your phone's external sd card.
Wipe cache partition and dalvik (You don't need to wipe data or factory reset)
Then flash each of the 2 files.

[ROM]9/20/12 LI3 Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 3

LI3 Modem / Radio

If you've never flashed a zip in custom recovery and need more detailed instructions let me know. But I figure if you got your phone rooted with custom recovery, then you've flashed at least once.

cteq1

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for info.
I used Odin 3.04 to load the flash file (from laptop). If you dont mind, please tell me the steps, as I was following video 1st time around.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech