[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

asscancer

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

That's it. I'm done with ROMs. CM10 constantly losing connection and the community/devs not acknowledging the 3g to 4g handoff connection issues was teh last straw. Thanks for the guide.

asscancer

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

Ahem........http://i.imgur.com/8w25K.png

What now? Phone is still in download mode. I'm not going to disconnect it or turn it off; I fear I may brick it. :( Halp

EDIT: Eff it. Unplugged, turned off phone by holding power button, restarted the entire process over and everything worked out fine. LIKE A BOSS.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

Ahem........http://i.imgur.com/8w25K.png

What now? Phone is still in download mode. I'm not going to disconnect it or turn it off; I fear I may brick it. :( Halp

EDIT: Eff it. Unplugged, turned off phone by holding power button, restarted the entire process over and everything worked out fine. LIKE A BOSS.

I normally just pull the battery. ;)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

This thread to be updated as soon as my upload finishes. I found a return to stock file that won't wipe your data. :D

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

This thread to be updated as soon as my upload finishes. I found a return to stock file that won't wipe your data. :D
You should have asked me for that a long time ago I could have made one for you.
If you would like I can show you how to modify the tar files.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
the numbers aren't showing up in the com

Are the drivers installed? If so
Close Odin.
Reopen odin.
Make sure you are in download mode. Then connect your phone but try a different usb port preferably in the back of the pc. If this does not work try a different usb cable.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Are the drivers installed? If so
Close Odin.
Reopen odin.
Make sure you are in download mode. Then connect your phone but try a different usb port preferably in the back of the pc. If this does not work try a different usb cable.

Sometimes a simple restart on the computer works.

If you have Samsung kies installed on your computer uninstall and reinstall just the drivers. At the very least make sure kies is not running in the background. It conflicts with Odin.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes a simple restart on the computer works.

If you have Samsung kies installed on your computer uninstall and reinstall just the drivers. At the very least make sure kies is not running in the background. It conflicts with Odin.

^^^That to

Ryan Sweet

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Alright I'm stumped. I Have flashed over 100 phones I'm far from a noob.
I have Odin installed it connect with (#:COM#)
I go to grab the file into the PDA and I will get "Parameters incorrect"
I can try again and again.. same results. ON occasion it will accept it.
When I select start I again receive "Parameters incorrect."

WHat am I missing?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Alright I'm stumped. I Have flashed over 100 phones I'm far from a noob.
I have Odin installed it connect with (#:COM#)
I go to grab the file into the PDA and I will get "Parameters incorrect"
I can try again and again.. same results. ON occasion it will accept it.
When I select start I again receive "Parameters incorrect."

WHat am I missing?

I have never seen that one... perhaps a bad download....

aznwond3r

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I recently rooted to try and get 4.2 jelly bean on my s3... I flashed LiquidSmooth ROM with 4.2 Jelly bean and for some reason I didnt like it and had some problems and had decided to go back into my stock mode but upon going back i had wiped data,cache,factory reset,and dalvik and when i tried to restore it gave me "error ..... /system" and it didnt let me restore. Will unrooting help me restore my phone back to stock?

Ryan Sweet

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I recently rooted to try and get 4.2 jelly bean on my s3... I flashed LiquidSmooth ROM with 4.2 Jelly bean and for some reason I didnt like it and had some problems and had decided to go back into my stock mode but upon going back i had wiped data,cache,factory reset,and dalvik and when i tried to restore it gave me "error ..... /system" and it didnt let me restore. Will unrooting help me restore my phone back to stock?

Yes it will. I will take you back to out of the box. so if you want you will need to re root again.
OR you could just flash another ROM over it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae