[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
i installed this. but if i go into download mode, it says that my ROM and Kernel are Custom. :'( PLZ HELP

You must have let the phone reboot between triangle away and flashing the stock rom in odin. It will not zero the counts if you have a custom Rom or recovery. It only works if you immediately go back to completely stock.

Rafael Munoz1

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

Just want to thank you ( Skunkape60 ) for this very useful thread. After rooting my GS3 and using Titanium backup and freezing some apps my phone was stuck at the Samsung screen for about 3 hours tried unrooting, using various sites and nothing. finally found this site and thread and the phone is back to normal.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
i get the same error after its unzipped. if i remove .md5 from the file name it loads but will it be ok to flash?

Have you tried to redownload it. It may be a bad download. The fact that it loads without md5 but doesn't with it, leads me to believe it's corrupted.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
half a dozen times, on 2 different computers

Don't really know what to tell you. When you are getting this error, is it when you browse to the folder and file? or is it when after you hit the start button?

You can try downloading from a different source but I have tried my link and returned to stock just a minute ago without an issue.

Here is another link to try downloading from.

Tomim Tomim

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

I would like to thank the person who opened this thread. I got a phone off craiglist and it won't let me update OTA. I came her through google. Very simple... worked like a charm!

Supah_Dupah

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

Thanks much appreciated. Used it for my friends phone. He was running CM Rom but had many glitches. Now he is happy. Thanks again

broot4lcake

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I finally got it to work! To those who are dealing with "Parameter Incorrect" error: what I did was I simply deleted the ".md5" on the file name and odin recognized it. Hope this works out for you guys too! ;)

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

If I have deleted apps using titanum backup and need to unroot do i just follow these procedures above to go back to 100% stock?
Thank you

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
thanks skunkape, I appreciate the stock jellybean tar file. I hate to say that im going to us cellular for 4g. I just hate that sprint has been advertising it for 3 years with the original Evo and where I live and especially where I work, the sprint coverage isn't great even on 3g. You are always my go to on this phone and I appreciate all your help when you gave it to help me out. Do you know of anyone that needs another s3 for development purposes? I am gonna sell my sprint one. It has 2 small scratches on the screen but otherwise it works perfectly. Thanks again for all your help.

Sorry to see you go man. I am actually getting lte almost 40% of the time now. Shoot me a pm and let me know what you want for it. I will ask around for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae