Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 651
Like Tree62Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Install a program that requires root permission. See if it works. Lol... try Titanium Backup.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by EazilyAmuzed View Post
    I'm looking to root my phone now that li3 is out and would like to know if i would use this procedure to root it with the stock rom??
    Absolutely. That's what it's meant for.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  3. #28  
    ikeywatson's Avatar

    Posts
    184 Posts
    ROM
    jellybeanLIH leak

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by Dankest View Post
    I completed all steps without any errors. Is there a way to verify the root was successful?
    get root checker on playstore
  4. #29  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Ok thanks. Nobody has asked how to root after just how to keep their root. Guess i better just root my phone instead of putting it off to another day lol. Ill use your instruction on how to root on this thread after work tonight. Thanks again
  5. #30  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    AHHHHHHHH I have spent 30 hrs striaght trying to find out how to Root this GS3 now I follow all the steps they all seem to be the same... the issue I am having is I get a FAIL every time in Odin and my Device says jin RED UNSUPPORT DEV_TYPE

    every time... the Binary Counter still says no... and nothing else changes... someone jhelp with a fix... there is nothing online with this issue.... lol Much Love..

    ---------- Post Merged at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:28 PM ----------

    HELPO OHHHH Wise one.... nothing online about this issue yet... 30 Hrs dedicated to it Thus far...

    Brand New out the box SG3 running 4.04 stock and has the LG8 build on it.. not sure if an update was put on it.. but I have followed every rooting thread thus far I could find.. and every time I send the CWM from Odin I get a fail... and my Device reads.... Unsupport DEV_TYPE in red... and I get a colorful FAIL message.. I have used 3.04 and 3.07 odins... so far nothing works.. I have used all three usb ports.. I have installed the drivers.. the only thing I noticed with my drivers is the Bluetooth driver fails.. everytime.. but all others go just fine.. It does search and us the windows update for the drivers.. not sure if this is the issue.. or not.. do I need to shut of Windows Update? but it is not working.. thanks so much in advance....
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by amf.cellblock View Post
    AHHHHHHHH I have spent 30 hrs striaght trying to find out how to Root this GS3 now I follow all the steps they all seem to be the same... the issue I am having is I get a FAIL every time in Odin and my Device says jin RED UNSUPPORT DEV_TYPE

    every time... the Binary Counter still says no... and nothing else changes... someone jhelp with a fix... there is nothing online with this issue.... lol Much Love..

    ---------- Post Merged at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:28 PM ----------

    HELPO OHHHH Wise one.... nothing online about this issue yet... 30 Hrs dedicated to it Thus far...

    Brand New out the box SG3 running 4.04 stock and has the LG8 build on it.. not sure if an update was put on it.. but I have followed every rooting thread thus far I could find.. and every time I send the CWM from Odin I get a fail... and my Device reads.... Unsupport DEV_TYPE in red... and I get a colorful FAIL message.. I have used 3.04 and 3.07 odins... so far nothing works.. I have used all three usb ports.. I have installed the drivers.. the only thing I noticed with my drivers is the Bluetooth driver fails.. everytime.. but all others go just fine.. It does search and us the windows update for the drivers.. not sure if this is the issue.. or not.. do I need to shut of Windows Update? but it is not working.. thanks so much in advance....
    I would uninstall the drivers. Reboot the computer. Download and install the drivers in the op of this thread (do not plug your device in until it's complete). Plug in the device. As stated in the op, all the drivers must be installed correctly (this includes the usb drivers) or you will have issues. There was someone else on xda that had the same issue. Ended up being Windows not completely removing his old drivers. I will see what I can dig up when I get off work tonight. But I can tell you it is a driver issue.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  7. #32  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    when I try to boot into download mode, my phone just turns off. I am able to turn it back on with no problem. I tried download mode three times, but I just keeps turning off. Any advice?
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by garcia_jx View Post
    when I try to boot into download mode, my phone just turns off. I am able to turn it back on with no problem. I tried download mode three times, but I just keeps turning off. Any advice?
    Are you starting with the phone turned off or on? Turn off your phone. When it's completely shut down. Press and hold volume down, power and home.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  9. #34  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    OMG, I feel like a doofus. I was trying to do it with the phone on. Thanks so much.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by garcia_jx View Post
    OMG, I feel like a doofus. I was trying to do it with the phone on. Thanks so much.
    I'm not judging...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  11. #36  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Please Help!

    I put my phone in dowload mode and connected after following all previous steps, and it is just stuck in download mode and the ID:COM box is not detecting anything...how do I get it out of downling to try it again....and ...am I doing something wrong? I just don't want to break it
    Thanked by:
    kahoon 
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by IsrAndroid View Post
    Please Help!

    I put my phone in dowload mode and connected after following all previous steps, and it is just stuck in download mode and the ID:COM box is not detecting anything...how do I get it out of downling to try it again....and ...am I doing something wrong? I just don't want to break it
    Relax... press and hold the power button. It will turn off. Or you can just pull the battery.. try a different cable, try a different port. Or your drivers are not properly installed. One of those reasons are the culprit.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  13. #38  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Thanks man...I had to reinstall all of kies and run it and shut it off just to make sure all the drivers were spot on and it worked. After that it was a piece of cake. Thanks for all you did !
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by IsrAndroid View Post
    Thanks man...I had to reinstall all of kies and run it and shut it off just to make sure all the drivers were spot on and it worked. After that it was a piece of cake. Thanks for all you did !
    No problem... Glad it turned out well.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  15. #40  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Great work on the tutorial.
    Process cant be easier.

    Does the "Team Epic Root From Recovery" file work for LI3 also?
    Just for those out there wondering.
    mcaples likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by vapore0n View Post
    Great work on the tutorial.
    Process cant be easier.

    Does the "Team Epic Root From Recovery" file work for LI3 also?
    Just for those out there wondering.
    Lol... It should... i will return to stock when I get home to test it (just to be sure). You see what I do to my phone for you guys. It's been rooted and unrooted well over 20 times testing everything I do.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    xLostInFlamesx likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Ok I can confirm that the team epic root from recovery file works perfectly with LI3. Went to stock LI3 and stock recovery. Flashed recovery in odin and then flashed team epic root from recovery. I am now rooted with custom recovery. I checked to make sure it stuck through 3 reboots. Still rooted and still on cwm. Any more questions?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  18. #43  

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    When flashing a new rom, do you have to do another nandroid backup, and do a wipe?
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by garcia_jx View Post
    When flashing a new rom, do you have to do another nandroid backup, and do a wipe?
    If you want to save the rom you are on, then go ahead and backup. If not, or you have a recent backup already, then no.

    As far as what to wipe, check out the guide to flashing in recovery. It tells you what to flash depending on what you're doing.

    [GUIDE] How to Flash in Custom Recovery
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  20. #45  
    Robbie Doo's Avatar

    Posts
    300 Posts
    ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Galaxy S3

    I get the same thing and there are no answers anywhere for that. I guess we just leave it as is.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Doo View Post
    I get the same thing and there are no answers anywhere for that. I guess we just leave it as is.
    You are referring to?????? No answers for what?????

    ---------- Post Merged at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by EazilyAmuzed View Post
    Ok thanks. Nobody has asked how to root after just how to keep their root. Guess i better just root my phone instead of putting it off to another day lol. Ill use your instruction on how to root on this thread after work tonight. Thanks again
    How did it go?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  22. #47  
    Robbie Doo's Avatar

    Posts
    300 Posts
    ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    You are referring to?????? No answers for what?????

    ---------- Post Merged at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:31 PM ----------
    That's ok Skunkape60, I used the QCom tool to root and it was a breeze.


    How did it go?
  23. #48  
    Robbie Doo's Avatar

    Posts
    300 Posts
    ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Galaxy S3

    It went pretty smooth. It took a few minutes and it was done. However, I didn't install any custom rom. Kept it at stock. But I get the OTA update notification all the time. For the time being, I'm ignoring the updates cuz I'm not sure what it will do to my rooted phone. Should I do the update or not? Any ideas?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Doo View Post
    It went pretty smooth. It took a few minutes and it was done. However, I didn't install any custom rom. Kept it at stock. But I get the OTA update notification all the time. For the time being, I'm ignoring the updates cuz I'm not sure what it will do to my rooted phone. Should I do the update or not? Any ideas?
    If you don't care about the update, just accept it and it should fail and not ask you again. You can always get it later when when you feel like it.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  25. #50  
    Robbie Doo's Avatar

    Posts
    300 Posts
    ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

    Default Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    If you don't care about the update, just accept it and it should fail and not ask you again. You can always get it later when when you feel like it.
    Yeah, that's exactly what happened. It failed?
    I haven't gotten the annoying update notification since, though?!
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions