[GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Great work on the tutorial.
Process cant be easier.

Does the "Team Epic Root From Recovery" file work for LI3 also?
Just for those out there wondering.

Lol... It should... i will return to stock when I get home to test it (just to be sure). You see what I do to my phone for you guys. :D It's been rooted and unrooted well over 20 times testing everything I do. ;)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok I can confirm that the team epic root from recovery file works perfectly with LI3. Went to stock LI3 and stock recovery. Flashed recovery in odin and then flashed team epic root from recovery. I am now rooted with custom recovery. I checked to make sure it stuck through 3 reboots. Still rooted and still on cwm. Any more questions? :D

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Galaxy S3

I get the same thing and there are no answers anywhere for that. I guess we just leave it as is.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I get the same thing and there are no answers anywhere for that. I guess we just leave it as is.

You are referring to?????? No answers for what?????

---------- Post Merged at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Ok thanks. Nobody has asked how to root after just how to keep their root. Guess i better just root my phone instead of putting it off to another day lol. Ill use your instruction on how to root on this thread after work tonight. Thanks again

How did it go?

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

You are referring to?????? No answers for what?????

---------- Post Merged at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:31 PM ----------
That's ok Skunkape60, I used the QCom tool to root and it was a breeze.

How did it go?

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

It went pretty smooth. It took a few minutes and it was done. However, I didn't install any custom rom. Kept it at stock. But I get the OTA update notification all the time. For the time being, I'm ignoring the updates cuz I'm not sure what it will do to my rooted phone. Should I do the update or not? Any ideas?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
It went pretty smooth. It took a few minutes and it was done. However, I didn't install any custom rom. Kept it at stock. But I get the OTA update notification all the time. For the time being, I'm ignoring the updates cuz I'm not sure what it will do to my rooted phone. Should I do the update or not? Any ideas?

If you don't care about the update, just accept it and it should fail and not ask you again. You can always get it later when when you feel like it.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I know this is the Sprint rooting method, but is the att galaxy s3 method similar? I went to the att section for the s3, but it wasn't as organized as the Sprint forums. Point being, I couldn't find a clear answer on the rooting method. Thanks in advance.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I know this is the Sprint rooting method, but is the att galaxy s3 method similar? I went to the att section for the s3, but it wasn't as organized as the Sprint forums. Point being, I couldn't find a clear answer on the rooting method. Thanks in advance.

I think the procedure is the same but the files you flash are or could be different. I will look into it if you like.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Ok... i will try and convert my tutorial to the AT&T phone. I will try to get it up on the AT&T forum tonight.

Herduc

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your help in making this guide, just got my galaxy 3 and I'm thinking of rooting with the stock rom so I can remove all the apps I don't need and getting tethering. Is that feasible? Even with the latest ota updates? What are the disadvantages of being rooted? If any.
Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your help in making this guide, just got my galaxy 3 and I'm thinking of rooting with the stock rom so I can remove all the apps I don't need and getting tethering. Is that feasible? Even with the latest ota updates? What are the disadvantages of being rooted? If any.
Thanks.

My only drawback to rooting is you have to manually update instead of the being automatically updated with an ota.

Herduc

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
How about the latest updates, still using the same root process?
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan