[GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

Lane

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Skunkape60 Ty for everything you do. I tried another method of rooting my SPH-L710 before I ran into yours and failed so I thought I'd give yours a try. I really appreciate the root kit. I can't get the tar.md5 file to show up on the PDA box in Odin. Can you help me?

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Skunkape60 Ty for everything you do. I tried another method of rooting my SPH-L710 before I ran into yours and failed so I thought I'd give yours a try. I really appreciate the root kit. I can't get the tar.md5 file to show up on the PDA box in Odin. Can you help me?
Do you mean that once you click on PDA, you cannot navigate to the file?

Swyped from my SPH-L710

bser

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I just followed the provided instructions and they worked flawlessly. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Lane

May 15, 2011
Visit site
yes dcharleyultra I ran as administrator. Skunkape60 I got it out on my desktop and got it to download. Now I'm in recovery mode and when I tap choose zip from sdcard I get " E: Can't mount /sccard/" I downloaded team recovery directly from the link you provided so I would think it went to my internal sd. Ichecked my external sd and don't find it there.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You have your sdcard formated using the exfat file system. You will need to put the team epic root from recovery on your internal sdcard or format your sd card to fat32 file system.

Choose install from internal sdcard and continue on.

Last edited:

Lane

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I did that but still get same result. Ty again for your help. Is there possibly something up with my internal card?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I did that but still get same result. Ty again for your help. Is there possibly something up with my internal card?

TeamEpic_root_from_recovery.zip is a zip file and should bee on the ROOT of either the sd or the external sd. It can't be in a folder. Are you sure you are in cwm and not stock recovery?

Lane

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's the touch screen & says "ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.1.2"

Lane

May 15, 2011
Visit site
No. I know this is beneath you but if I have it straight my internal card is the phone itself right? That's what I copied team epic into. I see it when I look into My Folders on my phone I'm the internal sd card.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
No. I know this is beneath you but if I have it straight my internal card is the phone itself right? That's what I copied team epic into. I see it when I look into My Folders on my phone I'm the internal sd card.

Lol... Nothing is beneath me...
Internal / phone is fine as long as it's not in a folder. It needs to be on the root of the sd.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
How do I make sure it's not in a folder on my phone?

If you are easily lost in the file system. The easiest way would be to re download the file to your computer. Plug your phone into the computer. Go to my computer . Open internal sd card and copy the file to your phone. By right clicking on the phone and choose paste.

Lane

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You 'da man! I did that & it went to my ext sd. I was able to see it there OUT of a folder. Thanks for your help!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You 'da man! I did that & it went to my ext sd. I was able to see it there OUT of a folder. Thanks for your help!

No problem glad I could help. On a side note. I'm at a football stadium for my daughter's band competition (marching) and I have 4g lte for the first time. Almost 13mb down and almost 12mb up.:D

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
the last update to LG8 that I did, was by downloading the update file manually in a zip, going into clockwork, flashing the update, then re-flashing the (TeamEpic)root.zip file.. Now that LI3 is out for the phone, has anyone done this exact method to see if it works as well? If so does anyone have the LI3 update that could be downloaded to flash? I can't find the correct one at XDA..

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
the last update to LG8 that I did, was by downloading the update file manually in a zip, going into clockwork, flashing the update, then re-flashing the (TeamEpic)root.zip file.. Now that LI3 is out for the phone, has anyone done this exact method to see if it works as well? If so does anyone have the LI3 update that could be downloaded to flash? I can't find the correct one at XDA..

Here you go. This should be everything you need...

This is the Stock rooted LI3 update but without the radio. So you will have to also download and flash the LI3 modem separately. Both links provided below for your flashing pleasure. You should be able to flash both of these by just wiping cache and dalvik.

[ROM]9/20/12 LI3 Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 3

LI3 Modem / Radio

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084