bp240

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
disconnect phone
Remove drivers
Reboot
Reinstall drivers from thread
After the driver software loads.....
Restart phone (Do not have phone in download mode.)
Plug phone into the computer.
Windows should now recognize the phone and finish loading the drivers.
safely remove the hardware.
Open Odin
setup odin in accordance with the instructions
put phone into download mode by pressing volume DOWN, power and home simultaneously until you see a warning then release and press volume up.
Odin should recognize your phone

It seems like the laptop I was using kept having issues with the drivers. I used a friend's computer today with no issues. Thanks again

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Guide updated for Windows 8 Users.

Thank you for the easy guide to follow. I'm rooting my wife's phone now. Will this delete her set up and apps. Or will everything be untouched. I told her to not set up everything up last night in case it would reset. She was to excited to wait. I don't blame her though. Lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the easy guide to follow. I'm rooting my wife's phone now. Will this delete her set up and apps. Or will everything be untouched. I told her to not set up everything up last night in case it would reset. She was to excited to wait. I don't blame her though. Lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Rooting will keep her settings and apps. No problems at&t all.

Peter Android

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I rooted my phone about two months ago using this method. Now my phone is complaining to install an update, which doesn't work, the bootloader thingy complains about it being digitally signed or something like that. What is the easiest way to get this (I believe it's the 4.1) update onto my phone?

Thanks so much!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I rooted my phone about two months ago using this method. Now my phone is complaining to install an update, which doesn't work, the bootloader thingy complains about it being digitally signed or something like that. What is the easiest way to get this (I believe it's the 4.1) update onto my phone?

Thanks so much!

After updating are you going to want to root again?

Also needed to know if you removed or froze any of the Sprint or Samsung pre-installed software?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes I would like to keep root.

I didn't remove anything, just installed a couple things.

Thanks!

This will update you to jellybean and keep you rooted.
Download these
LJ7 Firmware and place it on either your internal or external sdcard.
"LJ7 Full Odexed Version" and place it on either your internal or external sdcard.

Shut down the phone. Press and hold volume UP, power and home buttons simultaneously. Release all 3 buttoms as soon as you see the word Samsung on the screen. Your phone will go into recovery after a small wait. Then follow the directions below in the order shown.First flash the Firmware using the dirrections below, then flash the the update_Full_Odex using the same dirrection.

1. From the home menu, select "wipe cache partition" and confirm by selecting yes.
2. Select advanced menu.
3. Select wipe dalvik cache and then confirm by selecting yes.
4. Return to the home menu
5. Select "install zip from sdcard"
6. Select "choose zip from sd card" or "choose zip from external sdcard".
7. Select the file "Galaxy-S-fre3-LJ7FirmwareModemAIO" and select yes to confirm. (if you don't see it, swipe the screen to scroll up and down)
8. Return and do the same for "LJ7_update_FULL_Odex.zip"
9. After it completes, go back to the home menu and select "reboot system now".

Peter Android

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Seems to have worked fine, thanks so much! I appreciate the help - and for free!

Hoping they don't update again anytime soon...

I was thinking about not updating because I read there seems to be battery life issues, but I doubt it could get much worse... it doesn't even last my commute in both directions, I need to charge in the middle of the day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair