Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By therenegadenail
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Helllloooo.
    So my friend asked me to root and flash a pure Jellybean ROM to his S3. My problem is that I can't find something stable enough. Any suggestions? I'm aiming for as pure a Google experience as possible. Thanks!

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  2. #2  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    You really have only 3 choices then...





    Don't ask me which one I would suggest. I'm no longer a big fan of CM or AOSP. They're all pretty much the same and all being based of the same, they all pretty much have the same bugs.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    You really have only 3 choices then...





    Don't ask me which one I would suggest. I'm no longer a big fan of CM or AOSP. They're all pretty much the same and all being based of the same, they all pretty much have the same bugs.
    Thanks for the list.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  4. #4  
    Upstreammiami's Avatar

    Posts
    2,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    Thanks for the list.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Or paranoid android

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
  5. #5  

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Official Cyanogenmod builds are here:

    Which version of S3 does he have?

    For example, the Sprint one's cyanogenmod builds are:
  6. #6  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    Or paranoid android

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Yup... Missed that one...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Official Cyanogenmod builds are here:

    Which version of S3 does he have?

    For example, the Sprint one's cyanogenmod builds are:
    Sprint S3. This "Paranoid Android" sounds interesting, how stable is it?

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    Sprint S3. This "Paranoid Android" sounds interesting, how stable is it?

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    Should be rock solid. It's been on my Nexus 7 for weeks.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Should be rock solid. It's been on my Nexus 7 for weeks.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    I think I know what I'm going with then!

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
  10. #10  

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    I just got a galaxy s3 I upgraded from a htc evo 3g also this is my first rooted phone and I am trying to learn more about it. having trouble with the wifi thering
  11. #11  

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    I think I know what I'm going with then!

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

    Just curious, how did this go? Did you end up sticking with Paranoid Android? I'm new to the S3 and looking for a good AOSP rom myself.

    Thanks!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Quote Originally Posted by FriedEggBeater View Post
    Just curious, how did this go? Did you end up sticking with Paranoid Android? I'm new to the S3 and looking for a good AOSP rom myself.

    Thanks!
    I'm waiting to get my friend's S3 to try it. Still...waiting...

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    I'm using the aokp suggested in the quoted comment and it seems to be working well! Also I tried liquidsmooth and it doesn't work although it would be great if it did!

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  14. #14  
    tlrsax54's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Mcgrath View Post
    I'm using the aokp suggested in the quoted comment and it seems to be working well! Also I tried liquidsmooth and it doesn't work although it would be great if it did!

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    AOKP is nice, Task and Ktoonz do a great job. Did you find the latest one? Ktoonz hasn't updated the OP in a while...



    Task said 4.2 is coming soon too, that will be awesome
  15. #15  

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Ya i found a 12.2.12 one as well that I'll probably just skip out on because the one I'm using now is fine. Excited for 4.2 though!
  16. #16  

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Is there a way to get apps samsung adds like s memo on the s3 on a aokp rom?
  17. #17  
    therenegadenail's Avatar

    Posts
    103 Posts
    ROM
    HydroRom/Quattrimus-CM9

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    i like jellybam myself

    Would You Kindly?...
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    iamsinned06 likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Pac Man Rom is the best of both worlds

    Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom 4.1.2

    My notification bar >>>>>> yours
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  19. #19  
    Jonnny4's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

    Default Re: AOSP Jellybean ROM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    Or paranoid android

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Where do I find the Paranoid Android one, google has not been my best friend today.

Similar Threads

  1. which aosp jb rom are you looking forward 2?
    By Irvgotti in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 02:23 PM
  2. Working Jellybean Rom for Toro on RootzWiki
    By gregs1213 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 03:22 PM
  3. Help....AOSP Based Roms
    By rayzup478 in forum Incredible 2 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 08:17 AM
  4. Any AOSP GB ROM with sense 3.0 lockscreen?
    By jruizisenberg in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 05:44 PM
  5. AOSP FROYO ROM -- all the goodies out of the box
    By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum Google Nexus One Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

B