Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: Help my Sprint Galaxy S3 is completely DEAD after flashing new ROM!!!

youve lost my sympathy lol

dont give up on the s3 though.... it is a pretty hot "toy"

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Default Re: Help my Sprint Galaxy S3 is completely DEAD after flashing new ROM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    youve lost my sympathy lol

dont give up on the s3 though.... it is a pretty hot "toy"

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    LOL, I just got it and I really like it, I will fix it if its fixable. I like to play with electronics, i just didnt think the S3 could be killed so easily. I found a company name MOBILEVIDEOTECH they say they can fix it for 60$ I am gonna send it to them.
    Last edited by Dulex Cherenfant; 09-24-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by NewMind83 View Post
    ... And this is why I'm scared to death of rooting/flashing custom roms, being so new to android.
    I guess this would be a good time to use the OP as an example of what not to do when considering to root your phone ( no disrespect to Op) just hoping that others who are contemplating rooting learn from this posters mistakes.
    The reason this person is in this predicament is:
    1. Only flash ROMS for carrier specific devices. This is posted in BIG RED letters on every forum I visit including this one (Roms are carrier specific).
    2. Mistake #2 is not making a Nandroid, and having multiple backups in different locations.
    3. Follow the instructions when flashing ROMS, Read, reread, then read again, then finally read one last time to make sure you know the procedure.
    ***Make sure you have a fully charged battery.

TBH, it is really difficult to brick a phone if you follow directions.

Again, sorry for your predicament (OP) I hope you get it sorted and learn from your mistake. Know that your situation may prevent others from doing the same.
    funkylogik likes this.
    Super-elite full-time dad

ROM
    Me: WickedSens 4.1.1

If this is the same thing I read earlier today on XDA, the OP can't get much from XDA because I think he was a bit frustrated when he posted there and they didn't take kindly to it. I could be wrong though, this may be another person who bricked theirs too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

oops lol.... i dont use XDA as i find them stuck up.... if you asked them for help you should really have kissed their *** (then showered)

GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Dulex Cherenfant View Post
    LOL, I just got it and I really like it, I will fix it if its fixable. I like to play with electronics, i just didnt think the S3 could be killed so easily. I found a company name MOBILEVIDEOTECH they say they can fix it for 60$ I am gonna send it to them.
    My understanding is that ANY phone can be killed if you put the wrong operating system on it. This is not anything special for the S3. Personally I think you have your definitions reversed though. To me, the iPhone 4 would be the toy.
    Thanked by:
    funkylogik and Golfdriver97 like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    My understanding is that ANY phone can be killed if you put the wrong operating system on it. This is not anything special for the S3. Personally I think you have your definitions reversed though. To me, the iPhone 4 would be the toy.
    I agree with you on that, the iphone 4 will be my toy when i fix my GS3. I have been an iphone user since 2007 im just making the switch to android now so I was just playing with the S3 to see if i like it.
    ....and no it was not me on XDA

Quote Originally Posted by NewMind83 View Post
    ... And this is why I'm scared to death of rooting/flashing custom roms, being so new to android.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Yeh same i only ever hear the bad stories on here lol

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by sir.mervyn.king View Post
    Yeh same i only ever hear the bad stories on here lol
    this is why everyone should read the instructions 3 times and then follow them to the latter. especialy check the "checksums" to make sure the file isnt corrupt before you flash it

GT-I9300, UK

Before I flashed anything or even rooted I watched QBkings videos like 73 times and read and re-read the how-tos like 17 times. Hopefully you can fix your phone without paying anybody

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

try reading this thread seems like a similar problem that he was able to fix. Also ask Skunk Ape to help you while you're in there. He is awesome and might be able to resurrect your phone.

Good luck

Edit: forgot to post the link. Lol

Bricked my phone!!
    Thanked by:
    Retired Ambassador

Hey... Sorry to read about this. Don't know how I missed it for 2 days. Good luck.

I really don't mean to sound like a broken record but it isn't only international versus US versions that you can't flash. You also can't flash a US Sprint rom on a US AT&T gs3. As posted earlier in this thread, Roms are also carrier specific.

I have done something here on Android Central Sprint Galaxy S3 forums that seems pretty unique and I find it fairly hard to believe that it isn't done on all the forums. We have a database of all the current ROMs that is specific to the sprint galaxy s3. Again, before you flash a rom, look to see if it is on the list. If it is, then that means it's good to flash. If it's not and you think it should be, post it in the thread. I will check it out. If it's ok, I will add it to the list.

While we all want to have fun with our phones, I take it upon myself to try and make it as mistake free as possible. If you are not sure of what your doing and want a guide, just ask. I will try and get one out.

Again, I'm sorry to read about your phone. I hope it turns out well for you.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 09-26-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by 2:
    funkylogik likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Alrightttttttt it is out for repair. I brought it to 2 local shops and they had no idea what a JTAG fix was, so my only option left was to send it to mobiletech. I will post the result when i get it back tho.
    Thank y'all for trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Hey... Sorry to read about this. Don't know how I missed it for 2 days. Good luck.

I really don't mean to sound like a broken record but it isn't only international versus US versions that you can't flash. You also can't flash a US Sprint rom on a US AT&T gs3. As posted earlier in this thread, Roms are also carrier specific.

I have done something here on Android Central Sprint Galaxy S3 forums that seems pretty unique and I find it fairly hard to believe that it isn't done on all the forums. We have a database of all the current ROMs that is specific to the sprint galaxy s3. Again, before you flash a rom, look to see if it is on the list. If it is, then that means it's good to flash. If it's not and you think it should be, post it in the thread. I will check it out. If it's ok, I will add it to the list.

While we all want to have fun with our phones, I take it upon myself to try and make it as mistake free as possible. If you are not sure of what your doing and want a guide, just ask. I will try and get one out.

Again, I'm sorry to read about your phone. I hope it turns out well for you.
    And that is why I made sure to get a rom that was posted by you in this site. I have been to xda, but their roms thread is not as organized as the one you provided for us here.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
    Thanked by:
    funkylogik likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Its alive... its alive I got my S3 back from MobileTechVideos and Its working as new. The guy did a great job and I am so happy i have my phone back, i will be more careful with it in teh future.
    Go Android! likes this.
    Retired Ambassador

Its alive... its alive I got my S3 back from MobileTechVideos and Its working as new. The guy did a great job and I am so happy i have my phone back, i will be more careful with it in teh future.
    Great! I'm glad you were able to get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    rooting is pretty foolproof, its flashing firmware onto your 500 gadget thats taking a bit of a risk

No doubt man. When I did it back in the day it was hard as hell.

Congrats! Did they happen to tell you what they did to revive your phone?

Bigger question: will you root/flash it again?

i bricked my phone the same exact way Help please? Is there a fix for this already?

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Mercium View Post
    i bricked my phone the same exact way Help please? Is there a fix for this already?
    Google mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com

Looks like they have to JTAG repair the device if you truly bricked it and cannot get into Recovery mode.

Looks like it worked for the OP - so should work for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mercium View Post
    Google mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com

Looks like they have to JTAG repair the device if you truly bricked it and cannot get into Recovery mode.

Looks like it worked for the OP - so should work for you.
    Soylent Green Is People!
    Sprint - Samsung Galaxy S3 --- Rooted, Tweaked, & Obfuscated
    Jellybomb Domination 20.7.0 with all bloat removed - Philz Touch Recovery 6.0
    KToons 11/4/13 TW Kernel -- MK3 Modem/Radio -- PRL 25016

I bricked my phone the same manner! Please help!
    did you mail them your phone ()
    How much did it cost?

That's the service I used for my fully bricked sprint s3.
    He emailed every step of the way and it only took a couple days. Plus it's only 45 bucks.

I did by myself get Odin to read the phone when it was bricked. You take out the battery and connect it and use drivermax to get the drivers because they are odd drivers I couldn't find anywhere. After the I ran Odin and it said download mode. But I couldn't get it to restart. The led light will turn on only with no battery and plugged in the computer. The phone will still be blank and not turn on, but That could be a way to get around a jtag but I never figured it out myself. Just a thought but the guy is legit other wise.
    Thanked by:

Thank you for the testimonial Cjen :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by spagman View Post
    Thank you for the testimonial Cjen :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes spagman is legit. I have been sending people to him since the early days of the gs3. If you have a bricked gs3, this is the guy I send everyone to. If I ever brick my phone, he's who I would go to.
    Thanked by:
    spagman likes this.

Question Re: Help my Sprint Galaxy S3 is completely DEAD after flashing new ROM!!!

i just flashed a abyss kernel at galaxy s3 at omega rom and my touch screen is not responding
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast