Apps Safe to Remove from Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint Version, Stock Rooted)

Lucho Bravo

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Vegas, I am a late comer and just froze all of the items that you listed, except a few that I know I wanted to keep. I am just starting to dab a tat in this area, and have spent a couple of late nights trying to figure things out. Your list allowed me to do what I wanted to do without much hessitation. Now, if I could only tether my S3 either though USB or WiFi, I'll be set. Thanks again.

Lucho :cool:

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Note: If you use Google Now (displayed as the system app "Google Search"), make sure you do NOT integrate any updates of Google Search into your ROM (using Titanium Backup). Doing so makes it constantly Force Close (crash).

My phone came with Google Search 1.0 and I had later installed the update Google Search 2.2.9.542574 via the Play Store. I then integrated it into the ROM and the app kept freezing and force closing within a few seconds of use.

To resolve this, select the Google Search app in Titanium Backup and under the Special Features menu, select "Convert to user app".

l0h

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I like the list that VegasRooted proposed.
Is it any way to automate this? I'm thinking of using ADB (write a script) for this. Did anyone try this already?

l0h

Lucho Bravo

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you TigerDave! Another thing that happened as a message: Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gaps has stopped. Later, I tried to download a file from google store, and it would not find it. I started to freak out, but did a quick search and someone pointed at the download service as the culprit. In addition, there was another file mentioned. I defrosted all of the google files (play books, magazines, etc.), and thank G it seems to be working well, much speedier than before the issue. I will look into your advice and see if it affects me. Thanks again bud.:cool:

VegasRooted

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Recheck OP for updated info...

Thank you TigerDave! Another thing that happened as a message: Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gaps has stopped. Later, I tried to download a file from google store, and it would not find it. I started to freak out, but did a quick search and someone pointed at the download service as the culprit. In addition, there was another file mentioned. I defrosted all of the google files (play books, magazines, etc.), and thank G it seems to be working well, much speedier than before the issue. I will look into your advice and see if it affects me. Thanks again bud.:cool:

You actually must have removed the wrong "Downloads 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7"...there are two that show up with the same name when you use Titanium Backup, even though they are named differently in the root system/app folder...one is a simple graphical user interface that allows you to access files after they are downloaded through the stock browser; it is the app that appears in your app tray as a circle with a green arrow pointing downward. This GUI app can be removed with no problems whatsoever, but the other "Downloads 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7" is a necessary system app used for Google Play downloading of apps/update notifications. If you uninstall the latter, it will indeed cause F/C's related to Gapps. I added a note in the OP to prevent this confusion in the future.

Cheers! :)

VegasRooted

Update: I followed the directions and first wiped the data before uninstalling the apps and system services (well, most of them, at least -- I kept some that I wanted to use).

My Phone froze for about a minute, became unresponsive, and then self-rebooted.

So I restored my Recovery Backup.

My 2nd attempt was to just FREEZE the apps in the list. Same results. One of the processes that VegasRooted listed is making my phone unhappy and unstable when either removed or frozen. It's going to take me a while to pinpoint which one. Not sure what the best method is to track down the culprit other than defrosting each, one at a time.

This is why I included in the OP the following disclaimer from day one: "Keep in mind that I remove ALL of these apps AT THE SAME TIME using Titanium Backup; I go down the list, wipe data on each, then delete the APK & Odex of each...some of them are dependent on each other, so if you remove only a portion of them, your results may vary..."

Cheers! :)

VegasRooted

Last edited by a moderator:

Amstroid

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the huge list, but I have a question
Since I'm using some features you have disabled, I can't just follow this guide :). So, I like to know what the app does, before I remove it. For the most of them, I have an idea. But for some, I really have no clue. Apps like:
Enterprise SysScope Service 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7
Enterprise VPS Services 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7
Enterprise Permissions 1.0
HTML Viewer 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7
Kies via Wi-Fi 2.0.0
Market Feedback Agent 4.1.1-438695
MAPServiceSamsung 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7
OmaDrmPopup 1.0

and so on. Is there a list with a discription of some sort? So that I can further clean my galaxy S3?

Thanks anyway :)

therenegadenail

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the huge list, but I have a question
Since I'm using some features you have disabled, I can't just follow this guide :). So, I like to know what the app does, before I remove it. For the most of them, I have an idea. But for some, I really have no clue. Apps like:
Enterprise SysScope Service 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7
Enterprise VPS Services 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7
Enterprise Permissions 1.0
HTML Viewer 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7
Kies via Wi-Fi 2.0.0
Market Feedback Agent 4.1.1-438695
MAPServiceSamsung 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7
OmaDrmPopup 1.0

and so on. Is there a list with a discription of some sort? So that I can further clean my galaxy S3?

Thanks anyway :)
i second this!

Biancapena

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Good evening! Read ur article very helpful thank you. I did want to ask how you went about rooting your galaxy s3. What apps you used or what the steps were, I really have no use for 80% of the stock apps. You sound like you know what you're doing and your help would be great! Thanks!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Good evening! Read ur article very helpful thank you. I did want to ask how you went about rooting your galaxy s3. What apps you used or what the steps were, I really have no use for 80% of the stock apps. You sound like you know what you're doing and your help would be great! Thanks!

Do you have a SPRINT Galaxy S3? Not another carrier version, not an international version, but Sprint? If so, this is by far the easiest root method available. But if your phone is NOT a Sprint GS3, then ignore this and go to the rooting forum for your carrier.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...e-updated-how-root-your-sprint-galaxy-s3.html

I would suggest reading the entire thread, then going back to the first post and following the instructions.

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's my list of apps I've had frozen for the past two months. Yes, I have not removed them. I simply froze them using Titanium Backup. And so far so good!

The only one I've ever had to "defrost" was the one time I was messing around with the alarm clock's "briefing" function. I had to temporarily defrost the text-to-speech "Samsung TTS (com.samsung.SMT)", otherwise the phone wouldn't be able to talk.

Tip -- The way I was able to export this list, was by doing the following in Titanium Backup: Backup/Restore > Click to edit filters > Filter by temperature: Frozen > (check mark) > Menu button > Send data... > List of all apps > Gmail. Then I emailed it to myself. Good list to keep handy in case I ever make changes.

1. AllShare Cast 1.0 (com.sec.android.widgetapp.allsharecast)
  2. AllShare Play 1.0.1983 (com.sec.pcw)
  3. AllShare Service 1.0.0 (com.sec.android.allshare.framework)
  4. AvrcpServiceSamsung 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7 (com.samsung.avrcp)
  5. Bluetooth share 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7 (com.android.bluetooth)
  6. Bubbles 1.0 (com.android.noisefield)
  7. Calendar widget 1.0 (com.sec.android.widgetapp.SPlannerAppWidget)
  8. CapabilityManagerService 2.4.0 (com.sec.android.service.cm)
  9. ChatON 1.10.4 (com.sec.chaton)
  10. Clock (funky) 1.0 (com.sec.android.widgetapp.analogclockunique)
  11. Clock (modern) 1.0 (com.sec.android.widgetapp.analogclocksimple)
  12. com.samsung.app.playreadyui 1.0.0 (com.samsung.app.playreadyui)
  13. com.samsung.InputEventApp 1.0.0 (com.samsung.InputEventApp)
  14. com.sec.android.app.wfdbroker 1.0.0 (com.sec.android.app.wfdbroker)
  15. ContextAwareService 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7 (com.sec.android.contextaware)
  16. Deep sea 1.0 (com.samsung.android.livewallpaper.deepsea)
  17. DirectShareManager 2.0.3 (com.sec.android.directshare)
  18. DRM Protected Content Storage 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7 (com.android.providers.drm)
  19. Dual clock (analog) 1.0 (com.sec.android.widgetapp.dualclockanalog)
  20. Email 4.0 (com.android.email)
  21. Enterprise SysScope Service 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7 (com.android.server.device.enterprise)
  22. Enterprise VPN Services 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7 (com.android.server.vpn.enterprise)
  23. EnterprisePermissions 1.0 (com.sec.enterprise.permissions)
  24. Face Unlock 4.1.1-438695 (com.android.facelock)
  25. Favorite apps 1.0 (com.sec.android.favoriteappwidget)
  26. Favorite Contacts 1.1 (com.sec.android.widgetapp.favoriteswidget)
  27. FWUpgrade 1.2.0 (com.sec.android.fwupgrade)
  28. Game Hub 2.1.0 (com.sec.android.app.gamehub)
  29. Google Bookmarks Sync 4.1.1-438695 (com.google.android.syncadapters.bookmarks)
  30. Google Play Books 2.5.83 (com.google.android.apps.books)
  31. Google Play Magazines 1.0 (com.google.android.apps.magazines)
  32. Google Play Movies & TV 2.1.9 (com.google.android.videos)
  33. Google Play Music 4.3.606.400990 (com.google.android.music)
  34. Google Search 1.0 (android.googleSearch.googleSearchWidget)
  35. Google+ 3.2.2.38469528 (com.google.android.apps.plus)
  36. Help 1.0 (com.samsung.helphub)
  37. Helv Neue S 1.0 (com.monotype.android.font.helvneuelt)
  38. HTML Viewer 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7 (com.android.htmlviewer)
  39. Internet 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7 (com.android.browser)
  40. Kies Air 2.2.211081 (com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair)
  41. Luminous dots 1.0 (com.samsung.android.livewallpaper.luminousdots)
  42. MAPServiceSamsung 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7 (com.samsung.map)
  43. Market Feedback Agent 4.1.1-438695 (com.google.android.feedback)
  44. Media Hub 1.6.0(LI0D, 1107480) (com.samsung.mediahub)
  45. Mobile print 1.6.1.0803 (com.sec.android.app.mobileprint)
  46. More Services 1.0 (com.sec.android.app.moreservices)
  47. Music Hub 30.2012.10.01.22 (com.samsung.music)
  48. Music Player 5.0.5 (com.sec.android.app.music)
  49. MusicFX 1.4 (com.android.musicfx)
  50. My Files 1.0.0 (com.sec.android.app.myfiles)
  51. News Daemon(EUR) 120911.01 (com.sec.android.daemonapp.ap.yahoonews)
  52. OmaDrmPopup 1.0 (com.sec.android.drmpopup)
  53. PickupTutorial 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7 (com.android.pickuptutorial)
  54. Remote Controls 4.30 (com.sec.pcw.device)
  55. RoseEUKor 1.0 (com.monotype.android.font.rosemary)
  56. S Memo 12.02.07.4816 (com.sec.android.widgetapp.diotek.smemo)
  57. S Memo 12.02.07.4816 (com.sec.android.provider.smemo)
  58. S Suggest 3.2.47 (com.tgrape.android.radar)
  59. Samsung account 1.3.019 (com.osp.app.signin)
  60. Samsung Apps 2.8.026 (com.sec.android.app.samsungapps)
  61. Samsung Backup 1.0 (com.sec.android.sCloudBackupApp)
  62. Samsung Backup Provider 1.1 (com.sec.android.sCloudBackupProvider)
  63. Samsung Browser SyncAdapter 1.0 (com.sec.android.sCloudSyncBrowser)
  64. Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter 1.0 (com.sec.android.sCloudSyncCalendar)
  65. Samsung Cloud Data Relay 1.4.10r7 (com.sec.android.sCloudRelayData)
  66. Samsung Contact SyncAdapter 1.0 (com.sec.android.sCloudSyncContacts)
  67. Samsung keyboard 1.0 (com.sec.android.inputmethod)
  68. Samsung Push Service 1.1.2 (com.sec.spp.push)
  69. Samsung SMemo SyncAdapter 1.0 (com.sec.android.sCloudSyncSMemo)
  70. Samsung Syncadapters 2.1.5 (com.sec.android.sCloudSync)
  71. Samsung TTS (com.samsung.SMT)
  72. SamsungAppsUNA2 2.0.35 (com.sec.android.app.samsungapps.una2)
  73. SASlideShow 1.0 (com.sec.android.saslideshow)
  74. Setup Wizard 1.3 (com.google.android.setupwizard)
  75. ShareShotService 1.0 (com.samsung.shareshot)
  76. SIM Toolkit 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7 (com.android.stk)
  77. Simple alarm clock 1.0 (com.sec.android.widgetapp.alarmclock)
  78. Smart Device Manager 3.3.2 (com.locationlabs.v3client)
  79. SmartcardService 2.3.2 (org.simalliance.openmobileapi.service)
  80. SNS 1.1.0 (com.sec.android.app.sns3)
  81. Sprint Connections Optimizer 1.3.534 (com.birdstep.android.cm)
  82. Sprint Installer 2.2.3 (com.sprint.ce.updater)
  83. Sprint Zone 4.1.14 (com.sprint.zone)
  84. Stock Daemon(EUR) 120917.01 (com.sec.android.daemonapp.ap.yahoostock.stockclock)
  85. SysScope 1.1.15 (com.sec.android.app.sysscope)
  86. Tags 1.1 (com.android.apps.tag)
  87. Talk 4.1.1-438695 (com.google.android.talk)
  88. TalkBack 3.2.1 (com.google.android.marvin.talkback)
  89. Try panning 1.0 (com.sec.android.motions.settings.panningtutorial)
  90. USB settings 1.0 (com.sec.android.Kies)
  91. VPN Client 2.6.1 (com.ipsec.vpnclient)
  92. VpnDialogs 4.1.1-L710VPBLJ7 (com.android.vpndialogs)
  93. Wallet 1.5-R81-v4 (com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel)
  94. Wi-Fi Direct 1.0 (com.sec.android.app.FileShareClient)
  95. Wi-Fi Direct share 1.0 (com.sec.android.app.FileShareServer)
  96. Windy weather 1.0 (com.sec.ccl.csp.app.secretwallpaper.themetwo)
  97. Yahoo! Finance 120917.01 (com.sec.android.widgetapp.ap.yahoostock.stockclock)
  98. Yahoo! News 12.10.08.02 (com.sec.android.widgetapp.ap.yahoonews)

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
You don't "need" too but it would free some space. If you use something like TB to freeze them, when you do a backup they will also be backed up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Kelvin Green

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Can someone please help me . I carried out the bloatware removal . And have decided to put all back on. The process took me a while and I got everything back. I used titanium backup .

Now all is back on the phone I keep getting a message come up. The screen freezes Ans the message says
UNFORTUNATELY, SysScope has stopped . Can anyone help please ??

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Can someone please help me . I carried out the bloatware removal . And have decided to put all back on. The process took me a while and I got everything back. I used titanium backup .

Now all is back on the phone I keep getting a message come up. The screen freezes Ans the message says
UNFORTUNATELY, SysScope has stopped . Can anyone help please ??

Have you tried stopping that process, clearing its data, then restarting your phone?

n13l5

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
You were not able to remove the "Readers Hub" with its 50.6 MB...?

I mean I do read on it, but I use FBreader with Calibre on the PC.

DefinedByClass13

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I hate to bring up an old thread, but I wanted to know if any of the items listed in the OP have anything to do with being able to select the "Mobile Network" option in the settings menu, in order to toggle LTE from CDMA? The reason I ask is because I deleted a lot of the files listed in the OP that I know I didn't need. I've done this once before when I first had the S3 and I didn't have an issue. Today, I tried toggling LTE through the Mobile Network option, but it kept freezing after selecting it, never allowing me to go to the next step. This seemed to have started after removing the bloatware, etc.

I want to know if it's an isolated incident (which is still happening), or if it's related to one of the options listed?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I can't say for sure, but I don't see anything in that list that I *think* would cause your problem.

Are you still on the stock ROM? If so, and the problem continues to occur, and factory reset will restore all the bloatware. Actually, even if you're on a custom ROM a factory reset will revert to the original state of that ROM. In the future, I'd recommend freezing the bloatware, rather than removing it. At a minimum, run for a couple of weeks, testing everything you can think of, to make sure nothing you've frozen causes problems, before rooting. I would actually suggest just freezing the apps, and only delete them if you're running out of storage and need the room. That way you can always change your mind.

erikb80

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
We have very similar uses/needs from our devices. This list helps.
When you freeze them in Titanium Backup, do you use the 'ICS friendly freezing method' option in settings?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech