100% Working JELLY BEAN Leaked Rom..!!!!!

treedog5

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I must say that i have not seen any of the issues other ppl are reporting, I did a fresh install of the deodexed version after i wiped everything. I have not had one SOD or reboot, i'm using nova prime as my launcher and even with TW i could change my lockscreen wallpaper with no issues. so with this being a Leak, i must say that it's a great job by the developers..!!!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I must say that i have not seen any of the issues other ppl are reporting, I did a fresh install of the deodexed version after i wiped everything. I have not had one SOD or reboot, i'm using nova prime as my launcher and even with TW i could change my lockscreen wallpaper with no issues. so with this being a Leak, i must say that it's a great job by the developers..!!!

Tell me how to change the lockscreen wallpaper while on nova... :p

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Why so negative? First of all, it's a leak so we may see some differences before the final release. That being said, this leak has been lucky for me; I use touchwiz so no issues with changing the lock screen image (how often do you really change the lock screen wallpaper? :)) and I have only had 1 sod and 1 reboot, both a couple of days ago and none since. (i am sure i am jinxing myself) There are definitely a few issues but for the most part, the new version of the os is fine, fun, and functional for me. If you root, I would recommend giving it a try. You can always flash LI3 back if you are not happy with it. It seems like there is a different experience for each GS3 owner who has tried the leaked Jellybean rom. Many will really like the new features, some will be missing a few of the old features, but Jellybean is coming. BTW, the Swype KB looks like the same one that LI3 offered. Is there a difference? Regardless, I would have preferred the one that comes from Swype as a beta.

If I root. Lol... Funny guy...
I do change my lockscreen wallpaper almost daily...

New features? Really there are only two that I see. Google now and the new notification dropdown. Neither excite me. And Google now is already available in ICS if I wanted it.

Am I just a bit disappointed? A little. All this hype and it's really nothing more than a tiny incremental update that gives me nothing I really wanted or needed. It certainly isn't the massive overhaul that was being hyped.

Yes it's a bit smoother and a bit faster by about 250 quadrant points but really, is 250 points really noticeable?

Like I said, I'm sure the final will be a bit different but up to this point, if I didn't already root and run custom ROM's, JellyBean in itself, wouldn't prompt me to root. It's just doesn't live up to the hype.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

New features? Really there are only two that I see. Google now and the new notification dropdown. Neither excite me. And Google now is already available in ICS if I wanted it.

Am I just a bit disappointed? A little. All this hype and it's really nothing more than a tiny incremental update that gives me nothing I really wanted or needed. It certainly isn't the massive overhaul that was being hyped.

Yes it's a bit smoother and a bit faster by about 250 quadrant points but really, is 250 points really noticeable?

Like I said, I'm sure the final will be a bit different but up to this point, if I didn't already root and run custom ROM's, JellyBean in itself, wouldn't prompt me to root. It's just doesn't live up to the hype.

I already mainly knew what we would get, based off of the international versions.

treedog5

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

You really must hate JB or your just trolling, if you can only see 2 changes from ICS to JB then you might need to look again.
start by reading this Android - Android 4.1, Jelly Bean
Also i'm guessing that your trying to be funny about the lock screen wallpaper, but i don't get it..:eek:
And if anyone had issues on the first release, go back and try the newest leak (LIH). It's even smoother with no SOD's that have seen reported or on my side..

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Some are mentioning a Screen Of Death problem that I've yet to experience in several days of running this buttery smooth and fast leak. Only a couple of very smallish issues... nobody can get the Wifi Tether app to work, and Ford Sync's Mobile Apps (Stitcher, Slacker, Pandora, etc.) don't appear to work, as the car can't find any mobile apps on my 2012 Ford Mustang. Otherwise, it's great. 3g and Wifi reception and speed has been noticeably improved. I can now stream Pandora and Slacker everywhere in my town without stops and stutters, a feat no Sprint phone has been able to accomplish yet.

In the thread over on XDA, they mention that there are many more toggles in the update, but are not turned on. I kinda miss that moving of the toggles when I drop down the notification bar, so hopefully that will make a return. Wish for an option to remove the brightness slider that is useless and takes up room where I need it.

It's a terrific update... the best I've seen on any Android phone ever. Quite amazing to me that Samsung is actually planning to be the first out of the gate updating a phone with Jelly Bean. So unlike them.

My Epic can stream Pandora on 3g daily

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
You really must hate JB or your just trolling, if you can only see 2 changes from ICS to JB then you might need to look again.
start by reading this Android - Android 4.1, Jelly Bean
Also i'm guessing that your trying to be funny about the lock screen wallpaper, but i don't get it..:eek:
And if anyone had issues on the first release, go back and try the newest leak (LIH). It's even smoother with no SOD's that have seen reported or on my side..

No my dude. Skunk knows everything he is talking about... he's rooted and flashed things on his phone the most out of anyone here at android central. He helps people over at xda, helps people here. He is not stupid and doesn't need you to point out what's in jelly bean. He's also a forum administrator so he's definitely not a troll. He's the go to guy for anything related root and more specifically Sprint roms on the galaxy s3.

It was just his opinion, which is highly approved in the android community. That's not trolling nor being ignorant of jelly beans power. Skunk is the man!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Relax, I took no offence.

Yes there are many new features. My point is that most people will never know about them and never use them. 90% of the new features will not be used by anyone. Yes it is improved but nothing groundbreaking.

In my opinion it was way over hyped. But then again so was ics and and froyo. It's just how they compete and market this stuff. They make it sound as if you can't do without it.

There are also those that want it just because it's new. I'm just trying to be a voice of reason in the midst of all the hand wringing, speculation and frenzy over jb.

I'm running it and it's ok. Nothing so great about it that would make me do something I normally wouldn't just to have it. If you normally wouldn't root your phone but are compelled to just because of jelly bean. Relax, it's really not that big a deal. It will come soon enough. :D

Last edited:

Chief71

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I still can't get Wifi Tether Root Users to work with this ROM. I've tried a bunch of different settings. Any other Tether Apps out there?

When I rooted my Evo 4G, it had Wifi Tether Hotspot built in to the ROM and I didn't need an App...

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone else had this problem. Sometimes when i hit the home button to wake it up. The capacitive buttons light up but the screen doesn't turn on. And the touchscreen works. Can tell from the noise from the lock screen. Have to pull the battery to get it to work. Only happens about every three days.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

treedog5

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I still can't get Wifi Tether Root Users to work with this ROM. I've tried a bunch of different settings. Any other Tether Apps out there?

When I rooted my Evo 4G, it had Wifi Tether Hotspot built in to the ROM and I didn't need an App...
Wifi Tether currently does not support JB, The makers of the app will have to update the wifi tether app before it will work with the JB leak..

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Ever since they updated the app mine hasn't worked either on stock rom. I need to play with the settings though

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Relax, I took no offence.

Yes there are many new features. My point is that most people will never know about them and never use them. 90% of the new features will not be used by anyone. Yes it is improved but nothing groundbreaking.

In my opinion it was way over hyped. But then again so was ics and and froyo. It's just how they compete and market this stuff. They make it sound as if you can't do without it.

There are also those that want it just because it's new. I'm just trying to be a voice of reason in the midst of all the hand wringing, speculation and frenzy over jb.

I'm running it and it's ok. Nothing so great about it that would make me do something I normally wouldn't just to have it. If you normally wouldn't root your phone but are compelled to just because of jelly bean. Relax, it's really not that big a deal. It will come soon enough. :D

Hey Skunk, I heard Samsung added the Set Wallpaper back to the JB main menu just to accommodate your daily lock-screen changes :)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey Skunk, I heard Samsung added the Set Wallpaper back to the JB main menu just to accommodate your daily lock-screen changes :)

Cool. I know... I cashed in on a few favors owed me by some of my Korean mob buddies and they hooked me up. You do realize, I lived in Pyongtaek S Korea from 1992-2000. My daughter was born in a birthing center across the street from the Pyongtaek Hospital. So i still have friends.... ;)