Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: Are ota's safe after root?

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I hear ya!!! I used to keep up with the nightly's when I had the old nexus. But them ROMs were small compared to these.
    Yea, these are 100mbs plus, and having to rom everyday must be annoying, idk how people do it

Just had a lil issue with my cyanogen mod a lil while ago, it magically rebooted itself, but everythings fine, I'm not suprised, because these are nightly updates, not stable ones

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10

Like a boss!
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    To stop ota notifications on the sprint gs3, the best way is to accept the ota. It will boot to custom recovery and fail. Then reboot the phone and the ota notification doesn't come back. You won't lose root not will you brick the phone. T
    Hello Skunkape60, read your post about 3 weeks ago. I will periodically get the alert for the OTA update, like every 2 or 3 days. I followed your steps and after a few days it will show up again. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have extra batteries for my phone and I may change them on a daily basis. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by aw726 View Post
    Hello Skunkape60, read your post about 3 weeks ago. I will periodically get the alert for the OTA update, like every 2 or 3 days. I followed your steps and after a few days it will show up again. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have extra batteries for my phone and I may change them on a daily basis. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    So what is stopping you from updating to JellyBean? That is really about the only way to stop the update notification without changing your build prop.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    rando991 likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123