Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaimeg123prmt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How long before Sprint will take me back?

    As you probably already read from my previous thread, Sprint gave me the boot two weeks ago so I went with AT&T. However, I don't think I can deal with this data cap thing that they have going on over yander. In just three days, I have used up half of my data without doing anything that you can say is excessive. I watched maybe one tv episode and streamed like four YouTube videos. What the hell? Anyway, by any chance or experience with a situation like mine, do you know how long you have to wait before Sprint considers you back?

    Oh crap...didn't realise I was in the hack and root section. This belongs in the regular section. Sorry, modders. Is there a way to move this?
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    By the way, this whole lte with a data cap is torture. How can you have blazing speeds and put a data cap on it? It's like giving a kid the best Christmas gift they ever wanted but not allowing them to open it and play with it, EVER!
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
    Jmcgyver likes this.
  3. #3  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    What data plan did you get? How many gb and elbow much does it cost?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  4. #4  
    trekkie1701c's Avatar

    Posts
    275 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Have you contacted Sprint and asked them? I can't believe they'd turn away a customer who wanted to use their service without at least talking to them (and your other thread wasn't clear about whether or not you'd tried to escalate the issue)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    What data plan did you get? How many gb and elbow much does it cost?
    I ended up getting the the most available which is 5gb for $40 dollars.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by trekkie1701c View Post
    Have you contacted Sprint and asked them? I can't believe they'd turn away a customer who wanted to use their service without at least talking to them (and your other thread wasn't clear about whether or not you'd tried to escalate the issue)
    I tried speaking with them and they told me I have to get my account reviewed. I ask the lady I spoke to how long before they review my case and she just kept saying, "sorry sir, at this time you can no longer have service with us." She kept repeating the same thing for any question that I asked. I'm guessing I have to wait a few months before they can review my case. I wonder if anyone had a similar situation.

    Hey guys, do you know if lte eats up more data while browsing the web or watching movies than 3g does? If so, is there a way to change it to 3g, because I don't see the option here like the Sprint phone I have.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
  7. #7  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by garcia_jx View Post
    I ended up getting the the most available which is 5gb for $40 dollars.
    That's the most available? OMFG... that's freaking crazy! How can anyone go to AT&T. That's freaking insane. I use that every week.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    That's the most available? OMFG... that's freaking crazy! How can anyone go to AT&T. That's freaking insane. I use that every week.
    I know right? When I had Sprint and had my Epic 4G Touch with full 4G coverage, I would average around 10 to 15gb of data a month. I don't see how anyone could even put up with this. Now, if you are on a family plan they offer a whopping 10 gb of data lol.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
  9. #9  
    mobdad's Avatar

    Posts
    235 Posts
    ROM
    LIH Jelly Bean Leak

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by garcia_jx View Post
    By the way, this whole lte with a data cap is torture. How can you have blazing speeds and put a data cap on it? It's like giving a kid the best Christmas gift they ever wanted but not allowing them to open it and play with it, EVER!
    I feel your pain Do you have a PC at home? 5Gb might work if you had WiFi at home. I have never reached 1Gb and I use the phone all the time. I don't do much streaming away from home but probably average a few hours every day of cellular data service using the internet. I know I am lucky to have WiFi at home and work.
    HTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by mobdad View Post
    I feel your pain Do you have a PC at home? 5Gb might work if you had WiFi at home. I have never reached 1Gb and I use the phone all the time. I don't do much streaming away from home but probably average a few hours every day of cellular data service using the internet. I know I am lucky to have WiFi at home and work.
    I do have Wi-Fi, but it is almost unusable. I get less than .60mbs and even less when someone else is surfing the web. It is fine for when I am using my laptop for homework, but for watching videos and surfing the web at high speeds, it is not good. Videos buffer constantly even on the lowest setting. I did try updating my Wi-Fi, but the only thing available in my area is that crap internet.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
  11. #11  
    Robbie Doo's Avatar

    Posts
    300 Posts
    ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    What did you do to Sprint that they are so upset with you?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Yeah, what he said. It's uncharacteristic of Sprint to just give anyone the boot for no reason. Please elaborate.


    Edit: never mind. I read your thread, and it seems you were booted due to excessive roaming. This is weird, since it's the first time I've heard of this. I really don't understand how or why you were roaming if you had it disabled. Assuming you're being forthcoming, I think you may have a case here. Just continue to call and speak with a supervisor. Tell them you've been a loyal customer for years and you think it's unfair that you've be penalized without fair warning. Push the issue as much as possible.
    Last edited by CorruptionDee; 10-11-2012 at 09:35 PM.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptionDee View Post
    Yeah, what he said. It's uncharacteristic of Sprint to just give anyone the boot for no reason. Please elaborate.


    Edit: never mind. I read your thread, and it seems you were booted due to excessive roaming. This is weird, since it's the first time I've heard of this. I really don't understand how or why you were roaming if you had it disabled. Assuming you're being forthcoming, I think you may have a case here. Just continue to call and speak with a supervisor. Tell them you've been a loyal customer for years and you think it's unfair that you've be penalized without fair warning. Push the issue as much as possible.
    I already went with AT&T. I'm just going to have to suck it up. Imma end up selling my phone for like 350. I got it for 150. So I'll make a profit.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
  14. #14  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by garcia_jx View Post
    I already went with AT&T. I'm just going to have to suck it up. Imma end up selling my phone for like 350. I got it for 150. So I'll make a profit.
    But if you're anything like me data is going to kill you. Think I would have gone with T mobile.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  15. #15  
    gollum18's Avatar

    Posts
    1,508 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Yep have to agree with skunk atts plans are for those who literally use no data, tmob probably would have been better. Although their billing is too sporadically inconsistent for us (kind of like time warner cable).

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    I was thinking of going with T-Mobile, but I read in these forums that their speeds are slow. That is why I went with AT&T. Verizon was just too expensive.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
  17. #17  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by garcia_jx View Post
    I was thinking of going with T-Mobile, but I read in these forums that their speeds are slow. That is why I went with AT&T. Verizon was just too expensive.
    I would never go with verizon if planning on rooting your phone. I don't like nor will I ever buy a locked device.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  18. #18  

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by garcia_jx View Post
    I already went with AT&T. I'm just going to have to suck it up. Imma end up selling my phone for like 350. I got it for 150. So I'll make a profit.
    Planning on paying the ETF? if not the phone will be blacklisted and useless.
  19. #19  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
    Planning on paying the ETF? if not the phone will be blacklisted and useless.
    He doesn't have an ETF. They terminated his contract for to excessive roaming.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  20. #20  

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    He doesn't have an ETF. They terminated his contract for to excessive roaming.
    nt

    arg I was thinking he was bagging ATT. But still it don't make sense Sprint subsidises a 500 dollar phone, then eats $350 to get rid of him without an ETF? It don't add up<shruggs>
  21. #21  

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by garcia_jx View Post
    As you probably already read from my previous thread, Sprint gave me the boot two weeks ago so I went with AT&T. However, I don't think I can deal with this data cap thing that they have going on over yander. In just three days, I have used up half of my data without doing anything that you can say is excessive. I watched maybe one tv episode and streamed like four YouTube videos. What the hell? Anyway, by any chance or experience with a situation like mine, do you know how long you have to wait before Sprint considers you back?
    Oh crap...didn't realise I was in the hack and root section. This belongs in the regular section. Sorry, modders. Is there a way to move this?
    I am in the process of getting the boot. I received my first warning letter about a month ago. I would like out only because I don't have 4g with sprint in my area. Only att. Did you receive a warning letter first and then a termination notice? If so, how long after the warning did you get terminated? And to answer your question, I heard 90 days before Sprint will take you back. Your kinda on probation.
  22. #22  
    droid976's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts
    ROM
    Phantom's Blazer V1.6LG2

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    cut for roaming hell I work around Paine Field in Everett WA (the Lazy B) and there's dead spots all over up there I get hit w/ roaming all the time!!! the beep beep beep in my pocket at least 1 or 2x a night! and yet on the Sprint map its green as hell in coverage there!.......I left ATT cause I had an unlimited Data Plan on a phone I had and when I upgraded to iPhony4 the pricks that they are capped me @ 2gb!
    Then when I looked into upgrading to the Galaxy S3 they were looking to really put it to me in data fees so I dashed....this was before T-Mo announced an unlimited data plan yet I really don't care for them either coverage wise plus with the big 3 Verizon ATT & Sprint they give 25% discounts to Lazy B employees but not T-Mo....

    Moral of story "When you deal w/ dogs you get fees!"
  23. #23  
    RyanJKremer's Avatar

    Posts
    155 Posts
    ROM
    Always changing!

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
    nt

    arg I was thinking he was bagging ATT. But still it don't make sense Sprint subsidises a 500 dollar phone, then eats $350 to get rid of him without an ETF? It don't add up<shruggs>
    In order for Sprint to offer free "unlimited" roaming, they must eat the cost of using other networks. When you are roaming over half of the time, you are no longer profitable for Sprint and they will suggest you find a carrier that can provide you better service in your area.
    If I made your day a little better, feel free to tap that thanks button!

    "That's what I said!"
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJKremer View Post
    In order for Sprint to offer free "unlimited" roaming, they must eat the cost of using other networks. When you are roaming over half of the time, you are no longer profitable for Sprint and they will suggest you find a carrier that can provide you better service in your area.
    This was my situation right here. I was data roaming over 50% so they were losing money with me.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
  25. #25  
    noc6285's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

    Default Re: How long before Sprint will take me back?

    Chat Type: Device / Network
    Chat Reason: I wanted to know how much roaming data I have been using currently.
    Passcode: xxxxx
    Marcus L.: Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am happy to help you
    Marcus L.: Did you get a message from Sprint that you are using data on roaming
    Customer: No, I have not. I have just read a few stories.
    Customer: From what I have heard there is no warning before termination for roaming too much. I was only curious to check and see how much data I am using while roaming.
    Marcus L.: Please don't worry if you not on Sprint network and use data on off network roaming you will get a message from spring about that
    Marcus L.: YOu can use upto 300mb on off network roaming
    Customer: CAn you look at my account and see how much I use?
    Marcus L.: Let me see
    Marcus L.: Thank you for waiting
    Marcus L.: I have checked and till now you have used 29mb and you can use upo 300mb on data roaming
    Marcus L.: *Upto
    Customer: Monthly? correct?
    Customer: I just upgraded to my phone with you guys and just wanted to be sure everything is good
    Marcus L.: No well if you continue using data on roaming you will a notification and after that if you still do it then your service will be disconnected after the notification
    Marcus L.: *Receive notification
    Customer: So 300mb roaming data is the cap for the life of my account?
    Marcus L.: Yes that's right
    Customer: That's a bit scary. So It would be safest to disable my data raoming on my phone?
    Marcus L.: could you tell me do you have poor coverage of sprint?>
    Marcus L.: In your area?
    Marcus L.: Yes i would suggest you to turnoff the data roaming
    Customer: No, I have pretty good coverage just about everywhere I go.
    Customer: So I have only used 29mb then in the 2 years I have had my first andriod device?
    Marcus L.: All right then just take care of it and rest is fine because you have unlimited data on your plan
    Marcus L.: Smartphone consume lot of data because it keeps updating the apps and internet is running at the background and you would not even know it sometimes
    Marcus L.: I would suggest either disable data roaming or keep checking the talk manager on your phone
    Marcus L.: It tells you what about all running application in your phone
    Customer: Ok, will do. Thank you for answering my questions.
    Marcus L.: You are welcome
    Marcus L.: Is there anything else I may assist you with?
    Customer: That is all for now, thank you.
    Marcus L.: You are welcome

Similar Threads

  1. How long before you rooted your phone?
    By Ricky Babalu in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-21-2011, 11:58 AM
  2. How long before you rooted your phone?
    By Ricky Babalu in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 10:19 PM
  3. Think Sprint will take my Evo back?
    By tripmcnee#AC in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 07:51 PM
  4. how long does your moment take to charge?
    By crazzy88ss in forum Samsung Moment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 08:52 AM
  5. ATT->Sprint. How long has it been taking?
    By TheHurt in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions