1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did I just f*** myself?

OK so here's a quick rundown of what I did.

Rooted my phone using Odin.
    Installed Smart-Install busybox update.
    Used MyBackup Pro to try and uninstall System Apps -- it said successful. THEN I found out you can't (or you're not supposed to try to) uninstall System apps. Whoops. Started having issues freezing/unfreezing after that. The apps I had frozen stayed frozen but I couldn't unfreeze them, and I couldn't freeze new apps, though it always said Successful and I tried rebooting my phone.

At this point I decided F it, I'm just going to do a factory reset. I did recovery boot with Teamwin and did a Hard Reset / Wipe Data from there rather than from Settings in the phone, because I didn't want to lose what was on my SDCARD and I read this might be the way to go.

After that, I'm up and running but I've done two more wipes since then and each time I can't connect to my Wifi at home, whereas I had no problems before.

I'm going to keep troubleshooting to make sure it's nothing with my router but I have a feeling I messed something up after I rooted the phone.

TLDR;

Having wifi issues after factory reset rooted phone. Going to try unrooting and flashing stock ROM, hopefully this helps.
    Last edited by dizlmonsta; 10-11-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    Sent from my Galecksee S3.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Did I just f*** myself?

Possible solution found on XDA forum:

"simply delete /data/misc/wifi your phone will recreate that directory once you reboot. "

Going to try flashing stock ROM anyway but this might help others having WIFI issue
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Did I just f*** myself?

OK, flashing stock ROM worked, WIFI now works. Probably could have just deleted those files but I needed to start from scratch anyway.