[ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 3.0 [MB1] ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 1.3 [OFFICIAL] ROM

Skunk, First I want to thank you and Dazed for all your help. I am very new to rooting and changing ROMs but you have made it very easy. I have a question for you though, I have had WS for about a month and went straight with 1.3. My issue is yesterday I lost 3g data. I am wondering if this has anything to do with WS or if it is the phone. It has been running great up until yesterday. Any help would be much appreciated.

If it was working before and you didn't do anything such as add mods or anything I wouldn't expect it to be the rom. I've been running it since it's release and have never had that happen. I would think it's possibly a Sprint issue. I would give them a call and see if they are having problems in your area before trying to make any changes to your setup.

MattFoley

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. Didn't add anything. Wife's S3 was connecting to 3g fine. I thought it might be a phone issues so I unrooted (again Thanks to you) and I have 3g back. Not sure what happened. I did have to do a hard reset though once I went back to stock. Looks like I am starting over since I am not a fan of a stock phone. I'll let you know if I have the same issue.

Thanks again!

JohnSmith23

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

Hello and Thank You Team Venom for everything you all have done!!!
I am new to this whole ROM world but following your step-by-step directions I have been zooming by!
However, I do have a couple questions regarding an app:

I have searched how to use The Kuban Updater with Wicked Sensations on the Sprint Galaxy SIII L710 and I have come up with.. not much. How do I install app updates and fixes? How do I install Mods (like battery icons, keyboards, pull-down pics, etc) and switch to those installations from a default mod? And how do I install an update (e.g. v1.0 to 1.3, or from now on, v1.3 to the next Official Update)? Is it all the same method?
I am using TWRP and it seems that The Kuban Updater works better with the APEX Launcher instead of Touchwiz, is this true?
When I clicked to update The Kuban Updater to v1.4.x from 1.3.x it downloaded directly and updated automatically. If I let my phone do it like that, do I still have to clear any Cache or does it do it automatically from now one (same with all other mods and updates)? I also just tried doing an app update and when I had the option to Reboot and Update after it downloaded it, at the top of the pop-up it said MD5 not compatible (or something like that). What does this mean and how can I fix it?
Also, every now and then I get a pop-up saying/asking to Import data from TouchWiz to Apex Launcher even on v1.3 When I pressed on OK on Wicked Sensations (WS) v1.0 it changed the icons on Apex Launcher. I just pressed the back arrow so nothing happened but how can I fix this from popping up in the future?
Does Titanium Backup work with any WS versions for Sprint GS3?
One last thing, it was very hard to find out which WS version was official for the Sprint GS3. I am now using v1.3 and I hope it's the right one (are you going to continue updating it for the GS3 to v1.6 or are you guys done?).

I looked for all of these Q&A's on this website's forum and on many other Android forums and I have yet to find the answers. Please let me know and I apologize if this post should be in a new thread, it seemed like the right one to me.

Thank you all so much! - "John Smith"

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Hello and Thank You Team Venom for everything you all have done!!!
I am new to this whole ROM world but following your step-by-step directions I have been zooming by!
However, I do have a couple questions regarding an app:

I have searched how to use The Kuban Updater with Wicked Sensations on the Sprint Galaxy SIII L710 and I have come up with.. not much. How do I install app updates and fixes? How do I install Mods (like battery icons, keyboards, pull-down pics, etc) and switch to those installations from a default mod? And how do I install an update (e.g. v1.0 to 1.3, or from now on, v1.3 to the next Official Update)? Is it all the same method?
I am using TWRP and it seems that The Kuban Updater works better with the APEX Launcher instead of Touchwiz, is this true?
When I clicked to update The Kuban Updater to v1.4.x from 1.3.x it downloaded directly and updated automatically. If I let my phone do it like that, do I still have to clear any Cache or does it do it automatically from now one (same with all other mods and updates)? I also just tried doing an app update and when I had the option to Reboot and Update after it downloaded it, at the top of the pop-up it said MD5 not compatible (or something like that). What does this mean and how can I fix it?
Also, every now and then I get a pop-up saying/asking to Import data from TouchWiz to Apex Launcher even on v1.3 When I pressed on OK on Wicked Sensations (WS) v1.0 it changed the icons on Apex Launcher. I just pressed the back arrow so nothing happened but how can I fix this from popping up in the future?
Does Titanium Backup work with any WS versions for Sprint GS3?
One last thing, it was very hard to find out which WS version was official for the Sprint GS3. I am now using v1.3 and I hope it's the right one (are you going to continue updating it for the GS3 to v1.6 or are you guys done?).

I looked for all of these Q&A's on this website's forum and on many other Android forums and I have yet to find the answers. Please let me know and I apologize if this post should be in a new thread, it seemed like the right one to me.

Thank you all so much! - "John Smith"

1.3 is the correct version. Kuban Updater does what is needed. To flash a battery mood just click on the one you want tell it to download and install. Sit back and enjoy.

JohnSmith23

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

Alright that's great to know! Thank you man! But what does the pop-up saying/asking to Import data from TouchWiz to Apex Launcher mean (where it changes the icons)? And what does "MD5 does not match" mean on Kuban Updater? But I just had another small issue pop up. Whenever I plug in my usb cable (to charger or pc), my phone turns on it's WiFi and connects to known routers. Do you know why this happens?
Thank you all so much as I'm sure the answers to these basic questions could help us new people later on in the future! Is there a website that has the questions already answered? That would be of great help :p Thanks!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Alright that's great to know! Thank you man! But what does the pop-up saying/asking to Import data from TouchWiz to Apex Launcher mean (where it changes the icons)? And what does "MD5 does not match" mean on Kuban Updater? But I just had another small issue pop up. Whenever I plug in my usb cable (to charger or pc), my phone turns on it's WiFi and connects to known routers. Do you know why this happens?
Thank you all so much as I'm sure the answers to these basic questions could help us new people later on in the future! Is there a website that has the questions already answered? That would be of great help :p Thanks!

The pop up to import data from touchwiz is an apex thing i guess (i use nova)

Ignore the md5 mismatch.

Wi-Fi thing has never happened to me and your the first one to mention it.

Sorry i couldn't help more.

palmpreboss

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

quic ? i jus downloaded this lovely rom said i had an apex update clicced update and now all my themed icons are gone and i want to get thm bacc how do i go by doing this

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

quic ? i jus downloaded this lovely rom said i had an apex update clicced update and now all my themed icons are gone and i want to get thm bacc how do i go by doing this

Reflash the rom then don't install the update. Remember, any apps that have been themed can't be updated without breaking the theme.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I'll be the first to admit I haven't read the last 489 posts. But I did do some Google searches, and go to the web site for this ROM, and I haven't seen anything that really explains what the benefits of this ROM are (other than changing the themes). I'm sure it offers some real advantages, I just don't know what they are.

If someone could provide a succinct list of features or improvements compared to stock, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I'll be the first to admit I haven't read the last 489 posts. But I did do some Google searches, and go to the web site for this ROM, and I haven't seen anything that really explains what the benefits of this ROM are (other than changing the themes). I'm sure it offers some real advantages, I just don't know what they are.

If someone could provide a succinct list of features or improvements compared to stock, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks.

Read the op and change log.

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Will there be an update for Dropbox in the updater soon?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I will ask dazed. I am trying to port this theme over to my note 2 and am slowly making some progress...

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Dropbox v2.3 is in the App Updates and Fixes section of the updater now. You will need to uninstall the current version with Root Explorer or Titanium Backup, then just to be safe, reboot to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache. Then you should be good to go to download and install from the updater. Sorry about all the steps, but Im getting things in order where you shouldn't need to do all of these in the future.

Apex update is also available in the same section of the updater. Dropbox and Apex have all 3 versions available to match whatever theme you are running. Enjoy!!!!

Nicole Gamble

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I've just flashed Wicked Sensations!
Thanks Skunkape60 for your help!
It's totally awesome! I knew it would be different but I didn't know it would this different (I mean that in a good way). I'm still trying to pick up my jaw off the floor.
The ringers, themes, fonts, etc are so far out from what I'm used to...it's great & I still haven't gone thru the whole thing.
My next project is to experience the Twisted Pink...can't wait!!
You guys are awesome! Kudos!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

It's totally awesome! I knew it would be different but I didn't know it would this different (I mean that in a good way). I'm still trying to pick up my jaw off the floor.
The ringers, themes, fonts, etc are so far out from what I'm used to...it's great & I still haven't gone thru the whole thing.

Have you looked in the Kuban updater yet? It's in the app drawer.

Last edited:

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Glad you are liking the Rom and thank you. Skunkape is awesome at helping people out. Have some fun with the Rom and hope you like twisted pink when you try it out.

brokencoma

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

The Galaxy S3 is my third android device and I've used custom roms on all, and I can say without a doubt that this is the most fun, easily customized, and useful rom I've come across. Excellent work!

I'm wondering what's in store for the next version. I've seen newer but far less awesome roms that are based on 4.2, having multiple window support, side tabs, etc. I was wondering if these are ideas you are going to be working on, and when you do put out the next version if it will be version 1.4 or full-on 2.0.... Any hints?

Thanks again!

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

WS is a tw based themed rom. We'll prolly only see 4.2 if it's released for our phones.

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

The Galaxy S3 is my third android device and I've used custom roms on all, and I can say without a doubt that this is the most fun, easily customized, and useful rom I've come across. Excellent work!

I'm wondering what's in store for the next version. I've seen newer but far less awesome roms that are based on 4.2, having multiple window support, side tabs, etc. I was wondering if these are ideas you are going to be working on, and when you do put out the next version if it will be version 1.4 or full-on 2.0.... Any hints?

Thanks again!

I'm not planning anything major in the next update. I've cleaned up some theming, added the volume to skip songs mod when screen is off, finally got the Swype keyboard themed and looks amazing(will be default keyboard in next release). Added the AOSP style systemui and went ahead and added a slight volume hack, even though I said I wouldn't, but it's not so loud that it makes the speakers sound bad.

I won't be adding Multi Window until we get actual 4.2. Glad you're liking the Rom though and thanks for the kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iseeyouo-o