[ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 3.0 [MB1] ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 1.3 [OFFICIAL] ROM

Hi there... been a while. Before i run the wiked 2 update, do I have to wipe cache or davlik?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Always wipe cache and dalvik when flashing a new Rom our even updating a Rom. When flashing themed roms such as this, I have found it helpful to also wipe the system.

Last edited:

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Sounds good... will check back later with my progress. Thanks skunkape60

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

on the update.. im coming from 1.3, so just davilk n wipe then install correct

mutechild309

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Just want to say that this ROM is amazing.

By far one one of the smoothest running ROMS I've put on the phone.

I was curious, if I was interested in theming the entire ROM to red instead of the default blue, how difficult would that be to accomplish?

I've not really messed with anything android programming wise, but I do have a little bit of a knack for being able to pick up this kind of stuff fairly quickly.

Anyway, thanks again for an awesome ROM, color or not, I love it!

Oh and Skunk, you're a boss too lol

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Evening folks. I haven't said a word on this forum yet. I have just come over from apple land and have to say that I am enjoying the Android platform 10 times over. I have tried to learn and watched, did some reading, and slowly learned my way around.

Two things I wanted to say, first that this forum is a breath of fresh air. Some of the iphone forums are filled with wannabe fake forum gangters wanting to cuss each other out and act foolish. This is nice, especially since I am older.

Second, this rom is "bananas"! I have to say that Version 2.0 did what I didn't know was possible and that was topping 1.3. This is truly impressive. Dazed you have a beast on your hands here. Plus thank you for the effort you and Skunkape give to help folks out. Those who know the most aren't better than others, they just have been doing it longer. Sorry for the long post but for my first one I had to get my thanks out there. Peace and bacon grease

p.s. Dazed I owe you some Guinness Stout money for this!

Thank you very much and I'm really glad that your liking the update.

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

on the update.. im coming from 1.3, so just davilk n wipe then install correct

I suggest a clean install for best results, meaning wipe data as well.

I was curious, if I was interested in theming the entire ROM to red instead of the default blue, how difficult would that be to accomplish?

I've not really messed with anything android programming wise, but I do have a little bit of a knack for being able to pick up this kind of stuff fairly quickly.

Thanks, and yes your talking about a lot of work. Lots of xml changes and a ton of image changes. Actually a red theme is in the works, by someone else. But it's definitely in the making.

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

apps like drop box, inverted facebook and others that i dload it thru kuban uploader

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Dude... You don't know how much work this is. I am in the process of copying the AnaKonda them into a stock based Rom and it is mind boggling to see how much work this is. The sad part is I was able to open dazed's theme files and mine up in two separate Windows. It is starting on the 3rd week and if I'm lucky, I will finally be able to push it out this weekend.

I couldn't imagine how hard it would be trying to figure out which color codes went where, if it wasn't for dazed help and his theme to copy from. Dazed if one generous guy basically letting me steal his theme for my Rom. Not only that, he helped me do it. And he answered way more of my questions than was expected our required.

Thanks dazed.

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I just noticed something different after 2.0 update - on the pulldown bar, the Clear option is gone... anyway i can add that somehow?

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I just noticed something different after 2.0 update - on the pulldown bar, the Clear option is gone... anyway i can add that somehow?

Its AOSP systemui. When you have a notification to clear, look in the top right corner and you will see an X. That's your clear button. It doesn't show unless you have something to clear.

stlarenas

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the ROM. I love it. I am looking to update to 2.0 but I have a couple of questions. I am not sure the correct order of events. I am thinking:

1) Backups (obviously)
2) Full wipe
3) Flash 2.0 and Reboot
4) Flash Pink Theme
5) flash Titanium Backup apps.zip

I am not sure about the order of 4 and 5, or even if it is ok to us TiBU zip files to update the apps.

Thanks all.
Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.