The Samsung drivers must be properly installed and phone recognized prior to flashing with odin.
Wait until the software installs completely before plugging your device into the computer. When you have completed driver installation, plug in your device. The computer should now tell you it is installing drivers, click on the details and wait until there is a green check by all the drivers. Unplugging your device before it's complete will cause you problems... Download and install on your computer.
1. Open the "Odin307" folder and right click on "Odin3 v3.07.exe" and choose run as
administrator. Odin will open.
2. place your phone into download mode. Turn off phone - press and hold volume down, home
button and power button at the same time. When you see the warning push the volume up
button to continue.
3. Plug your usb cord to your phone and computer and wait until you see any number and com
in the com
4. Check the PDA block and browse to the tar file you would like to flash.
5. that settings are correct for what you are doing
See Note Below.
If you are flashing a "PREROOTED tar", a Return To Stock tar or you are already rooted and just want to flash a recovery tar you will want to check the "Auto Reboot" option. The phone will reboot when successful.
If you are rooting your Galaxy S3 by flashing a custom recovery over your existing software version and will be flashing root in recovery (TeamEpic_Root_from_recovery) you will have to UNCHECK the "Auto Reboot". You will see "RESET" in the upper left block when completed.
When all this is setup Odin should look like this:
6. If everything looks like the picture, click on the start button in Odin.
Note: Full image tar files are very large and can take as long as 15 minutes to complete. Smaller files such as recoveries normally only takes 10 to 20 seconds.
When the phone leaves download mod and starts to reboot you can remove the usb cord.
Last edited by Skunkape60; 10-25-2012 at 10:51 PM.