Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Taiyouai
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Believe to have Bricked my galaxy s3

Didn't realize that unlike hacking a psp or jailbreaking an ipod touch, the galaxy would be more touchy to what you do with it.

I rooted it just fine, when I went to install Jelly Bean, I messed something up. All I know is when I try to turn it on, I get "Samsun" then it goes dead, doesn't register my power cord when plugged in, but I can enter the 2 menu's. (vol up, and vol down) when I enter down it'll register on Odin, when I enter up, it brings up the rooted menu, I tried re-doing the root thingy, but to no avail.... Any suggestions?

(ps brand new to this site, sorry if I posted in the wrong section, couldn't find a help section so i figured i'd put it under the best one I could find)
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Believe to have Bricked my galaxy s3

Welcome to android central forums. Sorry to see you 1st post is trouble. Before I go on I want to make sure we are on the same page. You do have a sprint gs3. Correct?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yea, it's the samsung galaxy s3 from sprint. It's actually the sapphire black one. I've only had it for like two month, and I've been successful on hacking/cracking my psp, my ipod, and a few games in the past, figured the phone would be around the same. Ran into a bit of trouble like i had posted, I'm just happy it's not to completely bricked. it actually starts to turn on, but stops. Like I said I can enter both of the button menus (can't think of their names lol)

I was basically looking to get jelly bean on it, that's about it, maybe mess around more later, but at the time, and still just wanna test out the new os. So if you have a suggestions that could ether reset it to factory, and i can try to wait lol, or if it would be just as easy/hard to get jelly bean as it would be to reset it from it's current condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyouai View Post
    Didn't realize that unlike hacking a psp or jailbreaking an ipod touch, the galaxy would be more touchy to what you do with it.

I rooted it just fine, when I went to install Jelly Bean, I messed something up. All I know is when I try to turn it on, I get "Samsun" then it goes dead, doesn't register my power cord when plugged in, but I can enter the 2 menu's. (vol up, and vol down) when I enter down it'll register on Odin, when I enter up, it brings up the rooted menu, I tried re-doing the root thingy, but to no avail.... Any suggestions?

(ps brand new to this site, sorry if I posted in the wrong section, couldn't find a help section so i figured i'd put it under the best one I could find)
    My question is, and I'm not trying to be a smart ***, but the official ROM has been released for sprint. Why didn't you just wait? US cellular isn't even close and I'm still not willing to attempt to root.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Lol, Yea, kinda wish i had, but at the same time, I have had such luck hacking/cracking/jailbreaking my other electronics I figured what's one more. I should be able to do it just fine... Well everyone's wrong some time ^^'
    hell_on_heels likes this.
    Retired Ambassador

Ok. The first thing I want you to do is go into recovery. Make sure phone is off. Press Volume up, power and the physical home button at the same time. As soon as you see the word Samsung release all 3 buttons and wait for the phone to go into recovery. Which version of recovery is installed? Cwm our twrp. While in recovery I want you to choose a factory reset. Then let it restart. Let me know if the same thing happens.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by hell_on_heels View Post
    My question is, and I'm not trying to be a smart ***, but the official ROM has been released for sprint. Why didn't you just wait? US cellular isn't even close and I'm still not willing to attempt to root.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
    The Sprint version is incredibly easy to do and is very difficult to brick. This phone (by the way) is not bricked.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Need Help. I downloaded the Sprint upgrade file to SD. I followed sequence to get into recovery (VolUp, Power, Home). I then saw text but never intentionally selected anything with volume button. I think I may have selected the top selection in the list and hit power by mistake. I got an Android with an icosahedron spinning in its stomach for 3 hours now. What happened? Do I need to remove battery or is there any sequence of buttons to recover. Did I wipe my phone?
    Retired Ambassador

You don't have much choice. Pull the battery and see if it boots.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    Need Help. I downloaded the Sprint upgrade file to SD. I followed sequence to get into recovery (VolUp, Power, Home). I then saw text but never intentionally selected anything with volume button. I think I may have selected the top selection in the list and hit power by mistake. I got an Android with an icosahedron spinning in its stomach for 3 hours now. What happened? Do I need to remove battery or is there any sequence of buttons to recover. Did I wipe my phone?
    If not I'll help you get back up and running.

i was on my phone and i installed pimp my rom from the android market i installed it worked fine when i went back into the program i added a tweak and it changed my firm ware on my device out of no where my phone shuts off and now is stuck at the samsung galaxy 3 screen i reset it and did everything she does not work i need my phone for work can anyone help me please im stuck

Is your phone rooted?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Sigh. Using software labeled beta that is capable of changing critical settings. When you say you reset it, how did you do that? This app seems to require root. Did you create a Nandroid backup at any time before messing with your settings?

Can you boot into Recovery mode (with the phone off, press and hold volume UP, Home and power at the same time. AS SOON AS you see the Samsung logo release all three buttons)? If that works, and you have a Nandroid, do a Nandroid recovery. If you don't have Nandroid, do a factory reset from the recovery menu and hope for the best.

If you can't boot into recovery, or if the Factory reset doesn't work, can you boot into download mode (with the phone off, press and hold volume DOWN, home and power. When you see a warning screen, let go of all three buttons and push volume UP)? If so, you'll be able to flash a new ROM using ODIN, but you'll need to know exactly which model of S3 you have to find the right ROM to install.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3