| || |
Finally a Solution to Galaxy S3 & S3 Mini Wifi Tether problem.
Good Morning Everyone,
I am new to the forum, but after experiencing the same problem, as most of the users here, and a lot of frustration with the WiFi tethering option which worked perfectly before the Jellybean 4.1.2, official Samsung update, I have finally been able to re-establish WiFi tethering, without any modification to the OS or additional application.
As mentioned above, me and my wife, both have S3's, one, I9300 and an S3 Mini. Tethering was working fine, up to the point where Samsung released the official Jellybean 4.1.2 update. All of a sudden, no WiFi enabled device could connect to the hotspot created by either phone. Sometimes the device I wanted to connect to the WiFi Hotspot could not even identify the SSID broadcasted.
Last night I was playing around with my phone, desperate to get the tethering function working, to connect my laptop for sending some large attachment mails.
As before it would not connect. I then followed the procedure below, and managed to get both phones' tethering working again - without any additional application, or OS modification
I followed the following path : Settings>More Settings>Tethering and portable hotspot>
I then activated the function by moving the slider to ON, for activating my hotspot, as usual.
I then opened the portable WiFi hotspot settings, by clicking on the wording.
I then clicked "Configure"
The SSID, Password and WEP security settings is then displayed, but these can be defined, as the user prefers.
Scroll down to "Show Advanced options, and tick it. (This is where the problem is solved)
The Broadcasting channel is usually set to "Auto" - I believe that the WiFi Frequencies are mixed up a bit, and as a result, any device trying to connect to the hotspot cannot identify it properly, and therefore fails to connect if it is left on "Auto".
To rectify the problem, I changed the channel from Auto, to "Channel 11" - Unfortunately I have not tested any of the other channels yet.
I made sure that the config was saved, and almost immediately my Laptop identified the Access Point. I connected to it, and all was working fine after re-entering my password.
This sorted out the connectivity problems on my S3 and the S3 Mini. Afterwards all was working as it used to in the past, and I could connect all devices I had connected previously.
I hope it works for you too.
Please let me know.