Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Wi-Fi Tether Not Working After JB Update

Quote Originally Posted by gscarborough View Post
    Where can I find a link to the Wife Tether wifi_tether_v3_3-pre1.apk

Have you tried this????
    WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Simple fix for this issue. I thank the MAN upstairs i use symbian belle and WP8.(Kidding)
    Go into hotspot tether. Touch next to the on off button to get settings. ALLOW all devices. Galaxy Note updated to JB caused this i think.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

You dont need ROOT. Just setting change, in Hotspot tether. Change to allow all.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beadon View Post
    You dont need ROOT. Just setting change, in Hotspot tether. Change to allow all.
    If I'm not mistaken, using the built-in Hotspot program will result in charges from Sprint for their tethering service. The point of rooting and using the WiFi tether app is to get free tethering.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Default Finally a Solution to Galaxy S3 & S3 Mini Wifi Tether problem.

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am new to the forum, but after experiencing the same problem, as most of the users here, and a lot of frustration with the WiFi tethering option which worked perfectly before the Jellybean 4.1.2, official Samsung update, I have finally been able to re-establish WiFi tethering, without any modification to the OS or additional application.

As mentioned above, me and my wife, both have S3's, one, I9300 and an S3 Mini. Tethering was working fine, up to the point where Samsung released the official Jellybean 4.1.2 update. All of a sudden, no WiFi enabled device could connect to the hotspot created by either phone. Sometimes the device I wanted to connect to the WiFi Hotspot could not even identify the SSID broadcasted.

Last night I was playing around with my phone, desperate to get the tethering function working, to connect my laptop for sending some large attachment mails.
    As before it would not connect. I then followed the procedure below, and managed to get both phones' tethering working again - without any additional application, or OS modification

I followed the following path : Settings>More Settings>Tethering and portable hotspot>
    I then activated the function by moving the slider to ON, for activating my hotspot, as usual.
    I then opened the portable WiFi hotspot settings, by clicking on the wording.
    I then clicked "Configure"

The SSID, Password and WEP security settings is then displayed, but these can be defined, as the user prefers.

Scroll down to "Show Advanced options, and tick it. (This is where the problem is solved)
    The Broadcasting channel is usually set to "Auto" - I believe that the WiFi Frequencies are mixed up a bit, and as a result, any device trying to connect to the hotspot cannot identify it properly, and therefore fails to connect if it is left on "Auto".

To rectify the problem, I changed the channel from Auto, to "Channel 11" - Unfortunately I have not tested any of the other channels yet.

I made sure that the config was saved, and almost immediately my Laptop identified the Access Point. I connected to it, and all was working fine after re-entering my password.

This sorted out the connectivity problems on my S3 and the S3 Mini. Afterwards all was working as it used to in the past, and I could connect all devices I had connected previously.

I hope it works for you too.
    Please let me know.
    Kind Regards.

I've solved the problem using this app :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...unlocker&hl=it

open the app, click on "unlock tethering", wait for video completion and magically tether works
    skipmccarty12 likes this.

Unhappy Re: Wi-Fi Tether Not Working After JB Update

I am new to the Android and Androidcentral.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint

After the latest update, there is no Tethering and Hotspot, it is just Tethering and in there you can turn on USB Tethering or Bluetooth Tethering, no Wi-Fi hot spot anymore.

Any help will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmandoJM View Post
    I am new to the Android and Androidcentral.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint

After the latest update, there is no Tethering and Hotspot, it is just Tethering and in there you can turn on USB Tethering or Bluetooth Tethering, no Wi-Fi hot spot anymore.

Any help will be appreciated.
    It's an app called Sprint hotspot.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Actually, the v3_3 beta 2 works fine with Android 4.1.2 but didn't work with 4.2.2. However, the new version that just came out (experimental) works great with 4.2.2

Posted via Android Central App
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12