Wi-Fi Tether Not Working After JB Update

Eatsleepdrivesc

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

After I updated to JB my wifi-tether isnt working. Im using the Wi-Fi Tether App For Root Users from the market.

Anyone know a fix or another Wi-Fi Tether app that will work?

Thanks!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
just curious.

why is that?

Why is tethering pointless for most of us? If that is your question the answer is pretty simple. Because most of us don't have LTE yet and that means 3g. Again most of our 3g speeds are little better than dial up. I'm lucky to get download speeds faster than 300kbs. Speeds like that are pointless.

sakhari8

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Why is tethering pointless for most of us? If that is your question the answer is pretty simple. Because most of us don't have LTE yet and that means 3g. Again most of our 3g speeds are little better than dial up. I'm lucky to get download speeds faster than 300kbs. Speeds like that are pointless.

i see. i only use it so the wife can surf the net on drives over an hour. i know what you mean. it aint fast but it keeps her busy.

Jerryp7

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Try the ClockworkMod tether (no root) app from Play Store. If you have Sprint there is a link on the app page. Have the Samsung drivers on the computer and install the required Windows program (linked on the app page too) on the computer. It works for me.
Now I'm looking for a way to tether to a tablet.

Carrier: Sprint
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: Official eec955eb4a5b.update_SPH_L710_LI3_to_LJ7 [Rooted]
Kernal: 3.0.31-329968
Build: JRO03L.L710VPBLJ7

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am an over the road driver and teathering is very important to me for processing, scanning and emailing paperwork. I almost freaked when I found out the issues with Jellybean and tethering. One fix is foxfi downloaded from computer and transfer to phone and connecting through bluetooth will work.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I am an over the road driver and teathering is very important to me for processing, scanning and emailing paperwork. I almost freaked when I found out the issues with Jellybean and tethering. One fix is foxfi downloaded from computer and transfer to phone and connecting through bluetooth will work.

There is a hacked version of Wi-Fi tether on the general forum that works on jellybean.

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am just curious Skunk, I had trouble with the hacked wifi. Like several other people just didnt seem to work. My question is if my foxfi is working over bluetooth, is there a reason why I would want to even pursue a wifi tethering option?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I am just curious Skunk, I had trouble with the hacked wifi. Like several other people just didnt seem to work. My question is if my foxfi is working over bluetooth, is there a reason why I would want to even pursue a wifi tethering option?

If every device you want to connect has bluetooth there's no issue using foxfi. In my case, my phone is the only Bluetooth device I own, so foxfi is useless.

The issue with why many are having issues is pretty much figured out. If you are stock rooted it will not work. You must be on a deodexed rom. See the thread where the hacked Wi-Fi tether app was posted for directions on where to get the deodexed rom.

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I see , I thought there might be some security issues or something. I'm just as happy leaving the bluetooth connected, seems to work well for me.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Does sprint know when you tether? I just activated it on the new stable cm10 and did about 10mbs of tethering just to see if the service really works

But how can I make sure that sprint doesn't know? I believe I heard some people suggest to stay under a certain mb limit or so?

What do you guys suggest?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes