Wi-Fi Tether Not Working After JB Update

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Wife Tether wifi_tether_v3_3-pre1.apk just uploaded 2 days ago and works great on Sprint Galaxy S3 with stock root JB

Indeed...I was running the build from the other thread as Skunk mentioned...without encryption. This v3_3-pre1 version allows encryption...worked great today. Thanks for the suggestion hiflyer!

hradioflyer

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Indeed...I was running the build from the other thread as Skunk mentioned...without encryption. This v3_3-pre1 version allows encryption...worked great today. Thanks for the suggestion hiflyer!

This build also works with the US Cellular JB update, rooted with stock rom. I tried the current version with no success. Downloaded the 3.3-pre1.apk file to my SD card, installed it and had it working in minutes.
Thanks for the information

mark beadon

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Simple fix for this issue. I thank the MAN upstairs i use symbian belle and WP8.(Kidding)
Go into hotspot tether. Touch next to the on off button to get settings. ALLOW all devices. Galaxy Note updated to JB caused this i think.:D

KobusvR

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Finally a Solution to Galaxy S3 & S3 Mini Wifi Tether problem.

Good Morning Everyone,
I am new to the forum, but after experiencing the same problem, as most of the users here, and a lot of frustration with the WiFi tethering option which worked perfectly before the Jellybean 4.1.2, official Samsung update, I have finally been able to re-establish WiFi tethering, without any modification to the OS or additional application.

As mentioned above, me and my wife, both have S3's, one, I9300 and an S3 Mini. Tethering was working fine, up to the point where Samsung released the official Jellybean 4.1.2 update. All of a sudden, no WiFi enabled device could connect to the hotspot created by either phone. Sometimes the device I wanted to connect to the WiFi Hotspot could not even identify the SSID broadcasted.

Last night I was playing around with my phone, desperate to get the tethering function working, to connect my laptop for sending some large attachment mails.
As before it would not connect. I then followed the procedure below, and managed to get both phones' tethering working again - without any additional application, or OS modification

I followed the following path : Settings>More Settings>Tethering and portable hotspot>
I then activated the function by moving the slider to ON, for activating my hotspot, as usual.
I then opened the portable WiFi hotspot settings, by clicking on the wording.
I then clicked "Configure"

The SSID, Password and WEP security settings is then displayed, but these can be defined, as the user prefers.

Scroll down to "Show Advanced options, and tick it. (This is where the problem is solved)
The Broadcasting channel is usually set to "Auto" - I believe that the WiFi Frequencies are mixed up a bit, and as a result, any device trying to connect to the hotspot cannot identify it properly, and therefore fails to connect if it is left on "Auto".

To rectify the problem, I changed the channel from Auto, to "Channel 11" - Unfortunately I have not tested any of the other channels yet.

I made sure that the config was saved, and almost immediately my Laptop identified the Access Point. I connected to it, and all was working fine after re-entering my password.

This sorted out the connectivity problems on my S3 and the S3 Mini. Afterwards all was working as it used to in the past, and I could connect all devices I had connected previously.

I hope it works for you too.
Please let me know.
Kind Regards.

ArmandoJM

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I am new to the Android and Androidcentral.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint

After the latest update, there is no Tethering and Hotspot, it is just Tethering and in there you can turn on USB Tethering or Bluetooth Tethering, no Wi-Fi hot spot anymore.

Any help will be appreciated.

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I am new to the Android and Androidcentral.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint

After the latest update, there is no Tethering and Hotspot, it is just Tethering and in there you can turn on USB Tethering or Bluetooth Tethering, no Wi-Fi hot spot anymore.

Any help will be appreciated.

It's an app called Sprint hotspot.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the v3_3 beta 2 works fine with Android 4.1.2 but didn't work with 4.2.2. However, the new version that just came out (experimental) works great with 4.2.2

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781