- 11-05-2012, 03:28 PM #2Retired Ambassador
- 4,518 Posts
1. Getting OTA Updates are a pain.
2. Returning to stock before taking phone into Sprint.
1. Nandroid Backups
4. WiFi Tether
5. More control over how your phone looks and runs.
Roms or Stock???
Some of the benefits of custom ROMs are:
1. They get updated more often and are usually more up to date than stock.
2. Improved performance and efficiency
3. Improved Battery life
4. Removal of bloatware
5. Custom themes and user interfaces
6. They're just plain cool !
Some drawbacks of custom ROMs are:
1. Installing custom ROMs generally involves having to perform a clean wipe. So be sure to back up often (Titanium Backup, My backup Pro to name a few) and NEVER forget your Nandroid (CWM Recovery Back up)
2. Custom ROMs may have bugs that cause your device to have issues
3. Voids the Manufacturer Warranty (just like rooting)! (You can always go back to stock unrooted state prior to turning phone in for warranty work)
- 11-05-2012, 04:27 PM #3
- 235 Posts
- LIH Jelly Bean Leak
Do it! The OTA updates are always available through a rooted Rom zip file (and sooner than waiting for the Sprint OTA) and the chances that you will ever have to take your phone back to Sprint are greater than 100 to 1. On the plus side, it is simple to do and you can customize your phone just the way you want it and there are tons of good developers and ROMs available. It really is a no-brainer.HTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- 11-05-2012, 11:17 PM #5Retired Ambassador
- 4,518 Posts
- 11-07-2012, 04:19 PM #6
- 11-08-2012, 08:50 AM #7
- 2,702 Posts
Also you can block ads
From my amazing samsung galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10 and android version 4.1.2
Designed for humans and not for isheepAndroid is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz
I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
- By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 157Last Post: 01-22-2010, 08:47 PM
- By ShiftNo in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 11-29-2009, 11:54 PM
- By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum HTC Droid Eris Rooting, ROMs, and HackingReplies: 0Last Post: 11-10-2009, 10:22 PM
- By brandonscott in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2009, 08:43 PM
- By tx26257 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 5Last Post: 11-03-2009, 05:56 PM