Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Disabled Camera Shutter, No Root

Hey everyone! I did a quick search and couldn't find another post about this so I thought I would share.

I was messing around on the app Camera360 (version 3.8.6) and noticed under the menu settings that you could disable the camera sound. I had used this app previously on Ice Cream Sandwich and on my Epic 4G Touch and this option did nothing before. I tried it just out of curiosity and it worked! No camera sound when taking a picture!

I know it's not the stock camera app, but I don't want to root so I thought this was a pretty neat find for those times I need to take pictures of slides in class and don't want everyone to turn around and glare at me for making noise.
    Thanked by 2:
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Disabled Camera Shutter, No Root

Quote Originally Posted by mrmexican87 View Post
    Hey everyone! I did a quick search and couldn't find another post about this so I thought I would share.

I was messing around on the app Camera360 (version 3.8.6) and noticed under the menu settings that you could disable the camera sound. I had used this app previously on Ice Cream Sandwich and on my Epic 4G Touch and this option did nothing before. I tried it just out of curiosity and it worked! No camera sound when taking a picture!

http://i.imgur.com/87wib.png

I know it's not the stock camera app, but I don't want to root so I thought this was a pretty neat find for those times I need to take pictures of slides in class and don't want everyone to turn around and glare at me for making noise.
    Someone will find this very helpful.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif