• 1 Post By mobdad
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  • 1 Post By Deadly_Poison630
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Touchwiz features in a custom rom??

I'm thinking of trying out cm10. But before I do, I wanted to know if there is any way to add touchwiz features like pull down notification in all full screen apps, that brightness toggle in the notification bar, pop up play, etc. Is there any known method to add these into my phone? At least the pull down notification bar in any app feature?
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Touchwiz features in a custom rom??

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Poison630 View Post
    I'm thinking of trying out cm10. But before I do, I wanted to know if there is any way to add touchwiz features like pull down notification in all full screen apps, that brightness toggle in the notification bar, pop up play, etc. Is there any known method to add these into my phone? At least the pull down notification bar in any app feature?
    There is no way to add touchwiz features to any aosp or cm roms. Some things may be added through 3rd party apps though.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza's DeoDexed ROM

Trust me me and Skunk have discussed this haha

CARRIER: SPRINT
    DEVICE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
    ROM: FREEZA'S DEODEXED STOCK ROM
    KERNAL: KTOONEZ
    THEME: THE WAY I WANT IT! (MORPHOLOGY)
    MESSAGING APP: STOCK JOSHBEACHES THEMED TOUCHWIZ (FINALLY!!!)

ANYMORE QUESTIONS? LET ME KNOW!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

haha i figured that out. i went back to stock rooted
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

ROM
    LIH Jelly Bean Leak

haha i figured that out. i went back to stock rooted
    What was it about cm10 that you wanted? There are a ton of really good Touch Wiz Jelly Bean based ROMs out there that add a ton of features, some remove a lot of bloatware, and allow you to use different layouts, kernels, icons, lock screens, and other features. Try a couple of these and see which one you like. You can always go back to stock rooted, but really, why would you?

If you like blue, you can try:
    1) Wicked Sensations
    2) JellyBomb

For more traditional colors (my preference) there are:
    1) FreeGS3
    2) Goodness
    3) The Peoples Rom

All these ROMs are extremely stable and will run TW JB right out of the box. The advantage of running these ROMs is that they have many added features, are extremely customizable, and tend to be faster and a lot more fun to use. These are just a few of the ROMs available. There is also the Morphology Society which has custom mods, icons, toggles, etc. that will work with most custom ROMs. All (most) the developers are friends and share their work. There is a great Android community out there. Most of the information is on xda. SkunkApe has links to many of these ROMs in his thread "Android Central Rom and Kernel Library". Expand your horizons. You will be happy you did.
    HTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
    Deadly_Poison630 likes this.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by mobdad View Post
    What was it about cm10 that you wanted? There are a ton of really good Touch Wiz Jelly Bean based ROMs out there that add a ton of features, some remove a lot of bloatware, and allow you to use different layouts, kernels, icons, lock screens, and other features. Try a couple of these and see which one you like. You can always go back to stock rooted, but really, why would you?

1) Wicked Sensations
    2) JellyBomb

1) FreeGS3
    2) Goodness
    3) The Peoples Rom

All these ROMs are extremely stable and will run TW JB right out of the box. The advantage of running these ROMs is that they have many added features, are extremely customizable, and tend to be faster and a lot more fun to use. These are just a few of the ROMs available. There is also the Morphology Society which has custom mods, icons, toggles, etc. that will work with most custom ROMs. All (most) the developers are friends and share their work. There is a great Android community out there. Most of the information is on xda. SkunkApe has links to many of these ROMs in his thread "Android Central Rom and Kernel Library". Expand your horizons. You will be happy you did.
    Yeah and when skunkape gets some time. He will get off his **** and update it.
    Thanked by:
    mobdad 
    mobdad likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by mobdad View Post

1) Wicked Sensations
    2) JellyBomb

1) FreeGS3
    2) Goodness
    3) The Peoples Rom

Lol cool I'll check them out whenever I get some free time.
    mobdad likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Just flashed FreeGS3 late last night...love it so far. quick question, do you know a kernel that goes well or should Istick with stock kernel?

ROM
    Stock

Just flashed FreeGS3 late last night...love it so far. quick question, do you know a kernel that goes well or should Istick with stock kernel?
    Stock is fine, but if you are feeling adventurous, make a nandroid and look at ktoonz TW kernel or agat's, both fantastic. I personally prefer ktoonz so I can run intellidemand governor.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by tlrsax54 View Post
    Stock is fine, but if you are feeling adventurous, make a nandroid and look at ktoonz TW kernel or agat's, both fantastic. I personally prefer ktoonz so I can run intellidemand governor.
    Loving ktoonz kernel right now...got almost a full day before my battery hit 25%

ROM
    4.1.2 Cyanogen

When you flashed Freegs3, did you have to add the apn back in? I tried it and the phone was missing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza's DeoDexed ROM

Loving ktoonz kernel right now...got almost a full day before my battery hit 25%
    I get a day and half easy on freeza's deodexed stock rom, and I absolutely love it. Everything is themed the way I want it using Morphology absolutely am addicted to it!

CARRIER: SPRINT
    DEVICE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
    ROM: FREEZA'S DEODEXED STOCK ROM
    KERNAL: KTOONEZ
    THEME: THE WAY I WANT IT! (MORPHOLOGY)
    MESSAGING APP: STOCK JOSHBEACHES THEMED TOUCHWIZ (FINALLY!!!)

ANYMORE QUESTIONS? LET ME KNOW!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by daflake View Post
    When you flashed Freegs3, did you have to add the apn back in? I tried it and the phone was missing it.

No I don't think so...

ROM
    4.1.2 Cyanogen

No I don't think so...
    Thanks... I downloaded it again and gave it a shot. So far it is running great from what I can see. Do you get a 4G logo on yours? I don't have that, but LTE is a little sketchy in my area anyway.

Scratch that, data isn't working.
    Last edited by daflake; 11-30-2012 at 07:17 PM.

ROM
    4.1.2 Cyanogen

So far no luck with it. I have tried reloading twice and adding the apn but I still don't get data.

Retired Ambassador

No data at all or no 4g data?

ROM
    4.1.2 Cyanogen

No data at all. The first time I tried it, I had no signal or data. So I downloaded it again and tried it and got no data. I tried loading the ROM a few times with no luck. I also tried removing the apn and adding the one that I have from my good build with no luck.

OK, so I must have had a typo. I tried loading it again and still got no data, however, I added my APN in and it worked this time. The only thing I can think of is that I had a typo in one of the settings. I now have 4g data.
    Last edited by daflake; 12-01-2012 at 08:56 AM.