What the heck is wrong with stickies?

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting timed out like there's no link on all of the stickies, just all of a sudden. All other links and threads are working. Are the stickies getting slammed or something?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting timed out like there's no link on all of the stickies, just all of a sudden. All other links and threads are working. Are the stickies getting slammed or something?

They should be working now. They are upgrading the system. It may have some issues that need to be sorted out.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
They should be working now. They are upgrading the system. It may have some issues that need to be sorted out.

AAARGH!, they are still locked up a day later! The last page of 2 of the stickies open but not the first pages with the op threads and links...

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Going on the second day (started Thursday and now it's Saturday and they are still not working)...

You are the only one having this issue. Nobody understands what you are talking about.

Is ANYONE else having this problem? Please reply with a yes there is a problem or no there isn't.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No issue here. Maybe its a problem with your ISP, some filter out certain web pages from being accessed on their network. Even though its actually illegal for them to do so.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
You are the only one having this issue. Nobody understands what you are talking about.

Is ANYONE else having this problem? Please reply with a yes there is a problem or no there isn't.

Good grief. Thanks Skunkape for saying I was the only one having the problem...because I was. I rebooted my computer and the links are fine. I didn't before because every other link worked. When I restarted my computer said I had a "download" folder open, which I didn't know about, and I wonder if something got hosed up there. I'm embarrassed of course.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Good grief. Thanks Skunkape for saying I was the only one having the problem...because I was. I rebooted my computer and the links are fine. I didn't before because every other link worked. When I restarted my computer said I had a "download" folder open, which I didn't know about, and I wonder if something got hosed up there. I'm embarrassed of course.

No problem... glad you were able to get it worked out....

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
No problem... glad you were able to get it worked out....

UPDATE: No there is something definitely wrong with all of Android Central's stickies. After getting back into the unroot sticky and downloaded the return to stock Jellybean, I could no longer access any of the other stickies nor get back into the one I just left. Had to reboot, same thing, I could get in one time and not access another sticky. All other threads (nonsticky) worked fine. So I went back to the Epic 4G Rooting thread and I'm getting the same problem. Can't open a sticky thread until I reboot. Can you try downloading a file from the sticky thread and then try to reopen, say the "how to root" sticky and see if you can replicate this? Maybe I am the only one having this problem but I can't figure out why I have to reboot on android central to return to a thread in the sticky areas.
This happens on both Chrome and IE browsers...
and I don't have this problem with Tapatalk thru the same Internet service (wifi) as I am using with the PC. Stickies are fine on other forums...just not on Android Central. You said they were doing something to the servers and it worked fine before that. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried to go to any of these threads more than once. The last thing I'm going to try is run windows update. It says I have 6 optional updates, so I'll run them and restart again and try the forum after that.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok... I'm on the return to stock sticky now and am downloading the jellybean return to stock file right now. Well check back in after I download it...

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I just found out the problem could be with my antivirus. FSecure setting "scan and remove viruses from webtraffic", when it is ON, I can't open the sticky threads older than page 7. When it is OFF, I can open the pages like normal and I can open them in Tapatalk on my phone. Why would an antivirus think the content in those threads would be blockable?

Sticky: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock (I get open only page 7)

Sticky: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3 (I can only open page 7)

Sticky: [HOW TO] Root, Unroot, Hotspot, Roms, Tips and more! (7 videos) (I can only open page 3)

Sticky: [GUIDE] How to Flash in Custom Recovery (can't open any page)

Sticky: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library (can open only page 12)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I went to the return to stock sticky. I downloaded "COMBINATION_L710VPBLJ7_L710SPRBLJ7_329968_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.zip" (JellyBean Return to Stock. After download ing I went back to the thread and had no problem navigating from page to page of that thread.

I left that thread and went to how to root sticky and was able to download the Samsung drivers and navigate the different pages of that sticky thread as well.

I don't know what to tell you....

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I went to the return to stock sticky. I downloaded "COMBINATION_L710VPBLJ7_L710SPRBLJ7_329968_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.zip" (JellyBean Return to Stock. After download ing I went back to the thread and had no problem navigating from page to page of that thread.

I left that thread and went to how to root sticky and was able to download the Samsung drivers and navigate the different pages of that sticky thread as well.

I don't know what to tell you....

Read my recent post about antivirus settings

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I just found out the problem could be with my antivirus. FSecure setting "scan and remove viruses from webtraffic", when it is ON, I can't open the sticky threads older than page 7. When it is OFF, I can open the pages like normal and I can open them in Tapatalk on my phone. Why would an antivirus think the content in those threads would be blockable?

Sticky: [UPDATED][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock (I get open only page 7)

Sticky: [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3 (I can only open page 7)

Sticky: [HOW TO] Root, Unroot, Hotspot, Roms, Tips and more! (7 videos) (I can only open page 3)

Sticky: [GUIDE] How to Flash in Custom Recovery (can't open any page)

Sticky: [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library (can open only page 12)

Is this a new antivirus program you installed... I don't know unless it isn't checking for virus' but checking for potential virus'... It seems like it's not letting you open any pages that with a link to a file.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
No this is the same av I've had for years. It could have recently done something with an update or Android Central could have changed something that FSecure does not like...again the xda forum is fine and so is a number of other forums with links...but you are correct that it appears not to like Android Central forums that have links to files in them. This has only started since Thursday. Before that, I never had this problem. It isn't just here at the SGIII forum, because it is also behaving the same way on the old Epic 4G where I've downloaded tons of files...just stumped...I can work around it but I don't like having AV turned off. Something has changed but I'm not sure what.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
NOTE to anyone using Charter.net's free security suite F-Secure on your PC: you probably won't be able to view any of the threads with links to files unless you disable antivirus. This is most likely due to recent changes to the Android Central Log-in procedure using the new Passport. I say "probably" because I only have the one data point. Everything worked fine until the "Passport" log-in appeared. If you experience this, you can log out to view the threads and if you want to download the files, you can use Tapatalk on your phone, or (undesirable) you can disable the following setting on your FSecure antivirus setting: "Scan and remove viruses from web traffic". I will have some coworkers who have this service try logging in later this week.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Bump, this is still a problem...I am not sure if a virus is involved with this forum or not, but it definitely is related to the "mobile nations" login procedure that Android Central went to. More threads are being blocked. No problems whatsoever with links in the XDA forums. Skunkape, do you or could you post similar stickies in the XDA forums on your rooting and unrooting procedures? XDA sends you to a url that has the links, and maybe that is the difference.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Bump, this is still a problem...I am not sure if a virus is involved with this forum or not, but it definitely is related to the "mobile nations" login procedure that Android Central went to. More threads are being blocked. No problems whatsoever with links in the XDA forums. Skunkape, do you or could you post similar stickies in the XDA forums on your rooting and unrooting procedures? XDA sends you to a url that has the links, and maybe that is the difference.

Still not having any issues with the stickies...

How to root xda thread Download the zip and the pdf instuctions are in basically the same format as the one here. This forum allows you to do much more formatting than xda so it's easier to make a good looking guide...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech