custom kernels wont take

DaUsedMCR

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
No custom kernels will work on my s3. I boot into recovery, flash the kernel, then wipe cache and dalvik right? Every time i try one (most recently with cm10 and kt747) i just get a black screen and the phone becomes unresponsive except for the menu and back lights. I have to battery pull and nandroid restore each time. Am i doing something wrong? I used to flash kernels all the time on my evo 4g...

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
The directions for kt747 say to fix permissions after you wipe cache and dalvik. Did you do that?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

DaUsedMCR

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I tried that too with no dice. The only kernel that has worked for me was trinity kernel on blazer ICS. Other than that no jb kernels will work. I tried kt747 with ICS too with no go and kt747 with cm10 m2. Are there other aosp job kernels I cold try?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I tried that too with no dice. The only kernel that has worked for me was trinity kernel on blazer ICS. Other than that no jb kernels will work. I tried kt747 with ICS too with no go and kt747 with cm10 m2. Are there other aosp job kernels I cold try?

All phones are not created equally. Kernels are not dependent on roms. They are dependent on the phone. Some phones run kernels better than others. Some won't run any custom kernels and some will run anything you throw at it... perhaps you got unlucky with a dud.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Also I think with kernels, don't you have to "mount System" in CWM prior to flash for it to take? I'm not sure, it's been a while since I flashed a kernel.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Also I think with kernels, don't you have to "mount System" in CWM prior to flash for it to take? I'm not sure, it's been a while since I flashed a kernel.

Nope... I've never had to do this. I just flashed the agat JB kernel without a problem. Wipe cache, wiped dalvik and flashed. no problem.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital