1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooted, now need help!

Rooted the phone, removed a bunch of useless junk applications by usung an app from the google play. now when i go to mobile networks, the phone just freezes and restarts, but i can access all other network settings. any ideas?
    Thanx
    Last edited by stas333; 11-25-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza's DeoDexed ROM

Default Re: Rooting

Theming, battery life, more customization options, fun as hell ROMS to mess with. I could go all day...

CARRIER: SPRINT
    DEVICE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
    ROM: FREEZA'S DEODEXED STOCK ROM
    KERNAL: KTOONEZ
    THEME: THE WAY I WANT IT! (MORPHOLOGY)
    MESSAGING APP: STOCK JOSHBEACHES THEMED TOUCHWIZ (FINALLY!!!)

ANYMORE QUESTIONS? LET ME KNOW!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What if I want to keep the stock rom, but remove a few useless apps and notification that I get when sending pictures and turning off mobile internet.

Quote Originally Posted by stas333 View Post
    What if I want to keep the stock rom, but remove a few useless apps and notification that I get when sending pictures and turning off mobile internet.
    That's basically what I did after rooting my Nexus 4. That and installing AdBlock and deleting the camera shutter sound.

Sent from my Nexus 7
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    That's basically what I did after rooting my Nexus 4. That and installing AdBlock and deleting the camera shutter sound.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    That sounds like a plan. How hard or easy is it to update phones when new updates come out?

Easy just look up qbking77.com or his YouTube channel, he has a video for almost everything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Ambassador

That sounds like a plan. How hard or easy is it to update phones when new updates come out?
    Not very hard. Whenever a new update comes I will open a thread and list all the different ways with the instructions and files needed. Much like I did with the "your way to update" thread when jellybean came out. There were probably 3 different ways for rooted phones to update before the update zip was put it for the unrooted phone.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

bump, need help
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Rooted, now need help!

Why don't you just restore your backup?
    If you didn't make a backup, just reflash the stock rom without wiping data. You won't lose anything but will reinstall the missing apps.

If you aren't on the the stock rom, reflash whatever rom you are on. Just don't factory reset and your data won't be overwritten.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Why don't you just restore your backup?
    If you didn't make a backup, just reflash the stock rom without wiping data. You won't lose anything but will reinstall the missing apps.

If you aren't on the the stock rom, reflash whatever rom you are on. Just don't factory reset and your data won't be overwritten.
    i am on stock rom. i would love to reflash it without losing any data. how do i do it?
    Retired Ambassador

i am on stock rom. i would love to reflash it without losing any data. how do i do it?
    One quick question... How did you do the update, was it sent ota by sprint, did you flash the update zip file in stock recovery, did you flash a stock rom in custom recovery or did you use odin to flash a tar file? I just need to know is you have the odexed or deodexed before providing the instructions.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

One quick question... How did you do the update, was it sent ota by sprint, did you flash the update zip file in stock recovery, did you flash a stock rom in custom recovery or did you use odin to flash a tar file? I just need to know is you have the odexed or deodexed before providing the instructions.
    to get the jelly bean i followed your instructions for downloading the zip and installing from external storage card. then i rooted it by downloading the zip file which contained all the files needed to root. other than that, i didnt do anything to the phone.
    Retired Ambassador

to get the jelly bean i followed your instructions for downloading the zip and installing from external storage card. then i rooted it by downloading the zip file which contained all the files needed to root. other than that, i didnt do anything to the phone.
    Download this "" and place it on either your internal or external sdcard.

Shut down the phone. Press and hold volume UP, power and home buttons simultaneously. Release all 3 buttoms as soon as you see the word Samsung on the screen. Your phone will go into recovery after a small wait. Then follow the directions below in the order shown.

1. From the home menu, select "wipe cache partition" and confirm by selecting yes.
    2. Select advanced menu.
    3. Select wipe dalvik cache and then confirm by selecting yes.
    4. Return to the home menu
    5. Select "install zip from sdcard"
    6. Select "choose zip from sd card" or "choose zip from external sdcard".
    7. Select the file "LJ7_update_FULL_Odex.zip" and select yes to confirm. (if you don't see it, swipe the screen to scroll up and down)
    8. After it completes, go back to the home menu and select "reboot system now".
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Download this "" and place it on either your internal or external sdcard.

Shut down the phone. Press and hold volume UP, power and home buttons simultaneously. Release all 3 buttoms as soon as you see the word Samsung on the screen. Your phone will go into recovery after a small wait. Then follow the directions below in the order shown.

1. From the home menu, select "wipe cache partition" and confirm by selecting yes.
    2. Select advanced menu.
    3. Select wipe dalvik cache and then confirm by selecting yes.
    4. Return to the home menu
    5. Select "install zip from sdcard"
    6. Select "choose zip from sd card" or "choose zip from external sdcard".
    7. Select the file "LJ7_update_FULL_Odex.zip" and select yes to confirm. (if you don't see it, swipe the screen to scroll up and down)
    8. After it completes, go back to the home menu and select "reboot system now".
    Awesome! Thank you!
    last question, what app should i use to uninstall apps that i dont want to be on the phone?
    Retired Ambassador

Awesome! Thank you!
    last question, what app should i use to uninstall apps that i dont want to be on the phone?
    If they came with the phone you shouldn't uninstall them right away...
    You told me before that you have Titanium Backup. If you don't have the pro version you need it. Use Titanium Backup to freeze the apps you want gone. Wait at least a month and if you don't have any issues go back into Titanium Backup and Delete the apps that you have frozen. Also it would be very wise to backup the app before deleting them. That way if an OTA comes out you can reinstall the apps before excepting the update. I never uninstall any apps that came with the system. Freezing the app is just as good as the app will not only cease to run, it won't be seen in your app drawer either.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

If they came with the phone you shouldn't uninstall them right away...
    You told me before that you have Titanium Backup. If you don't have the pro version you need it. Use Titanium Backup to freeze the apps you want gone. Wait at least a month and if you don't have any issues go back into Titanium Backup and Delete the apps that you have frozen. Also it would be very wise to backup the app before deleting them. That way if an OTA comes out you can reinstall the apps before excepting the update. I never uninstall any apps that came with the system. Freezing the app is just as good as the app will not only cease to run, it won't be seen in your app drawer either.
    good point. i have the free version of titanium backup. didnt really want to buy it, but i guess i will. so far the reinstall fixed the issue i was having.
    Last edited by stas333; 11-25-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Retired Ambassador

good point. i have the free version of titanium backup. didnt really want to buy it, but i guess i will. so far the reinstall fixed the issue i was having.
    Yup... It reinstalled the app that was required by the system.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Sent from my Nexus 7
    _How do you delete the camera shutter sound?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by howaboutturkey View Post

Are you rooted? If not, it's not possible on the Sprint version.... If you are rooted go here >>> How to Turn Off Your Shutter Sounds
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by howaboutturkey View Post

I just went to system, media, ui, and deleted the 2 shutter sounds.

And where do you download AdBlock? It's not on 4shared

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

does anyone know how i can remove notifications when i turn off the mobile internet data and when sending pictures over wifi?
    Retired Ambassador

does anyone know how i can remove notifications when i turn off the mobile internet data and when sending pictures over wifi?
    Certain custom roms have that ability. Other than that I don't know.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Certain custom roms have that ability. Other than that I don't know.
    That sucks. I'm going to be on a look out.