- 12 Posts
So I just rooted my phone... questions
Hmm, just getting into this rooting business all the kids are doing these days. Just followed Skunkape60's excellent guide and things went fine.
Question #1: Do I need Rom Manager? It says I need ClockworkMod in order to proceed, but following the above mentioned guide -- I have ClockworkMod correct? But the clockworkmod is a custom one developed by teamEpic correct? Several threads say get Rom Manager and several say do not...
Question #2: I booted into recovery mode and did a backup from ClockworkMod (this is what CWM means I assume). Is this the same as a Nandroid backup? I should back these files up to somewhere off the phone correct?
In general I just want to have all my ducks in a row so that I can go back to some stock state in case I need to invoke warranty. I like this phone, but it is freaking slippery. I've had it only a day and dumped on the sidewalk...
- 11-28-2012, 04:49 PM #2
- 11-28-2012, 04:50 PM #3
- 11-29-2012, 07:37 AM #4
- 11-29-2012, 07:53 AM #5Retired Ambassador
- 4,517 Posts
Re: So I just rooted my phone... questions
If you want to use apps like Rom Manager it is your choice. However I feel you will be better off learning to do it yourself as you will be better served in the long run. Especially if something isn't working right. You will have a better understanding on what is required to fix it and how to do
How to Flash in Custom Recovery
- By SpeedJunkie69 in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 06-26-2011, 02:54 PM
- By Kcoolby in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 04-26-2011, 03:58 PM
- By Kcoolby in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 5Last Post: 04-26-2011, 10:30 AM
- By davidk1m in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 02-20-2011, 01:31 AM
- By jjb5909 in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 01-31-2011, 09:39 AM