Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Quick question

I was curious if anyone knew what this was..

Back on 11/24 I had system request superuser and I wasn't sure why. I denied it since I wasn't doing anything and wasn't sure what was going on. My phone force rebooted so I figured it maybe was something important. It just came up today and I allowed it.. It ran superuser a few times then rebooted phone again.

Should I be worried? I am just stock JB rom with root installed (from skunks post). I doubt I should but.. I'd rather just check .

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quick question-uploadfromtaptalk1354652821606.jpg  

ROM
    LIH Jelly Bean Leak

Default Re: Quick question

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post

Back on 11/24 I had system request superuser and I wasn't sure why. I denied it since I wasn't doing anything and wasn't sure what was going on. My phone force rebooted so I figured it maybe was something important. It just came up today and I allowed it.. It ran superuser a few times then rebooted phone again.

Should I be worried? I am just stock JB rom with root installed (from skunks post). I doubt I should but.. I'd rather just check .

Do you remember what program you were attempting to run? Superuser (or SuperSU which I prefer) is installed on your device upon rooting to allow for advanced management of access rights for all the apps on your device that require root. When you are accessing a program that requires root access for the first time, SuperUser asks for permission to use it. After the first time you grant access, it will assume the granting after that and you will see on the display something like "access granted" whenever you use that particular app. This is all normal. I can't think of any reason to ever deny access, however I cannot tell from your Screenie exactly what root program SuperUser was trying to access. I have never denied access, but I have never not known what program I was using. My guess is there is no harm being done.
    HTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
    Retired Ambassador

I agree with mobdad. I don't think I would really worry about it. I also agree with him on SuperSu. I would go too the playstore and install the free version of I were you. The as apps start having to re ask for root permission, pay attention to what is asking. After installing SuperSu you can go into system apps and delete the old superuser app.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks guys! Just for curiosity sake what is different with supersu? I'll grab it anyway but just curious

Retired Ambassador

Thanks guys! Just for curiosity sake what is different with supersu? I'll grab it anyway but just curious

One thing it has the ability to temporarily unroot. Save root, hide root. So you can run apps that require an unrooted phone. It is also in data apps instead of system apps. It's just a more robust superuser.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif