1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    ROM
    None yet

Default Now Rooted...now what?

OK, I'm rooted now and the first thing I did was shut off that annoying shutter sound. Now...what's next? I'm not really into ROMs and am satisfied with the way things are at stock, although I want to find a way to improve the battery. I would like to delete some of the bloatware and some of the apps that might affect performance. Problem is which ones can I get rid of and it will not affect my phone negatively? Can I get rid of that annoying DRM Samsung file that kills battery? What else is safe to delete?

And what are some of the settings I can do for the kernel that would help battery life? I don't want to touch anything and have my phone freeze.

And what can I do to change the status bar? Would I have to download a ROM for that? I sort of want in WP8 style, if it's possible. I tried using ROM Toolbox to change some of the status bar icons and it ended up freezing my phone and going to a non-stop boot loop.

Thanks!

Default Re: Now Rooted...now what?

Quote Originally Posted by corinthians View Post
    OK, I'm rooted now and the first thing I did was shut off that annoying shutter sound. Now...what's next? I'm not really into ROMs and am satisfied with the way things are at stock, although I want to find a way to improve the battery. I would like to delete some of the bloatware and some of the apps that might affect performance. Problem is which ones can I get rid of and it will not affect my phone negatively? Can I get rid of that annoying DRM Samsung file that kills battery? What else is safe to delete?

And what are some of the settings I can do for the kernel that would help battery life? I don't want to touch anything and have my phone freeze.

And what can I do to change the status bar? Would I have to download a ROM for that? I sort of want in WP8 style, if it's possible. I tried using ROM Toolbox to change some of the status bar icons and it ended up freezing my phone and going to a non-stop boot loop.

Thanks!

One place to go for status bar changes without flashing a complete ROM is here:

Not sure they offer WP8 styled stuff, but there are a large amount of other styles for such things as battery icon, wifi icon, notification pull down bar, etc.