Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock like Rom for Galaxy s3

I am coming form an Evo3d and I had CleanRom.....why is he not making one for the Sprint phone?

Why are all the Roms themed for this phone other than Serinity which turn it into a Note theme and is slow?

I really like wicked Rom but my eyes can't deal with the blue or pink

I want a stock looking Rom with...

Stock appearing
    Upgraded Audio
    Camera Sounds mods
    Debloated
    Free Hotspot
    Battery Saving
    Home button lag off

Should I just wait for 4.1.2 releases?

Default Re: Stock like Rom for Galaxy s3

Quote Originally Posted by egon10psi View Post
    I am coming form an Evo3d and I had CleanRom.....why is he not making one for the Sprint phone?

Why are all the Roms themed for this phone other than Serinity which turn it into a Note theme and is slow?

I really like wicked Rom but my eyes can't deal with the blue or pink

I want a stock looking Rom with...

Stock appearing
    Upgraded Audio
    Camera Sounds mods
    Debloated
    Free Hotspot
    Battery Saving
    Home button lag off

Should I just wait for 4.1.2 releases?

Try this ROM:

It uses an installer called "Aroma" that allows you to choose some of the bloatware (some, but not all) to keep/not install, and other choices. Very cool. If you use the TW launcher, it looks and feels very stock. It comes with the Awesome Beats audio app as well. I'm currently running it, and it is very smooth, fast, and stock looking (I do like the Wicked ROM though. I go back and forth). The dev does recommend (strongly) to use TWRP recovery to flash this ROM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have colockwork already...is it too late to swtich to TWRP?.....I might just do wicked and deal with the blue until more themes are released if so.

Quote Originally Posted by egon10psi View Post
    I have colockwork already...is it too late to swtich to TWRP?.....I might just do wicked and deal with the blue until more themes are released if so.
    Not too late at all. QBKing77 has a very good video of installing TWRP. Although the video was created in August of this year, it is still the same process. The only difference will be openrecovery file name. The video shows twrp-2.2.1.1-d2spr.img, while the newest version of TWRP is 2.3.1.0. Just make sure the file name has d2spr when in GooManager (the app used to download and install TWRP)

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

All I can think of is FreeGS3 and KillJoy7. I recommend FreeGS3
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

IMO, I like the rooted stock version you can get in this thread, Your way to Update...
    It does not have many of the other features u mentioned, but it's battery life is great.

Goodness is a great ROM with many of the features you mentioned, and with compatibility with the Morphology stuff, you can have a very stock-looking ROM. Battery life with this ROM, for me, has been really good, but not as good as the previous one I mentioned.

I do agree with Parnelli about FreeGS3, but personnally I can not stand TWRP, which ends up being the reason I do not use this ROM much.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jay28w View Post
    IMO, I like the rooted stock version you can get in this thread, Your way to Update...
    It does not have many of the other features u mentioned, but it's battery life is great.

Goodness is a great ROM with many of the features you mentioned, and with compatibility with the Morphology stuff, you can have a very stock-looking ROM. Battery life with this ROM, for me, has been really good, but not as good as the previous one I mentioned.

I do agree with Parnelli about FreeGS3, but personnally I can not stand TWRP, which ends up being the reason I do not use this ROM much.
    You know...FreeGS3 can be flashed on CWM just fine lol, no reason to not use the ROM...

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tlrsax54 View Post
    You know...FreeGS3 can be flashed on CWM just fine lol, no reason to not use the ROM...
    Yeah, I know. But I tend to heed the recommendations of the ROM builder, and he/she says that TWRP is 'highly recommended' (or something along those lines). Just my personal pref.

Just to be clear, I do like FreeGS..
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by jay28w View Post
    Yeah, I know. But I tend to heed the recommendations of the ROM builder, and he/she says that TWRP is 'highly recommended' (or something along those lines). Just my personal pref.

Just to be clear, I do like FreeGS..
    I used to be his rom tester and the ONLY reason he states to use twrp is that for the updater to automatically flash in recovery and reboot itself is with twrp. cwm doesn't support it. You can still use the updater app with CWM although you have to go flash the downloaded file yourself as it is not automated.
    There is No other reason. It has nothing to do with anything else not working or causing any issues.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    tlrsax54 likes this.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I used to be his rom tester and the ONLY reason he states to use twrp is that for the updater to automatically flash in recovery and reboot itself is with twrp. cwm doesn't support it. You can still use the updater app with CWM although you have to go flash the downloaded file yourself as it is not automated.
    There is No other reason. It has nothing to do with anything else not working or causing any issues.
    Thanks for the info.