Which cpu governor do you normally run?

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually Ondemand seems to be more fluid for me... but mainly in what a appears to be not as well optimised apps.

At a decent underclock though Interactive is definitely very good for battery life.

Edit: Performance makes everything super fluid, even with downclocking the CPU.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually Ondemand seems to be more fluid for me... but mainly in what a appears to be not as well optimised apps.

At a decent underclock though Interactive is definitely very good for battery life.

Edit: Performance makes everything super fluid, even with downclocking the CPU.

Performance will devour your battery since it keeps the cores at your set max MHz constantly.

I use ktoonservative with noop. I found some settings on xda for it and my phone is really smooth now (of course I mean smoother than usual).

Sent from my Slim Beaned 4.2.1 SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Performance will devour your battery since it keeps the cores at your set max MHz constantly.

I use ktoonservative with noop. I found some settings on xda for it and my phone is really smooth now (of course I mean smoother than usual).

Sent from my Slim Beaned 4.2.1 SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I use TrickDroid now with its default governor which is OnDemand or something similar.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
what set up is the best set up with it

That's up to you. You wouldn't like my SetCPU setup, because it's mostly temperature settings, dealing with a phone in a cradle in a van in the middle of summer. If you have a stock cpu and you really don't use your phone in any really extreme way, you don't really need a profile.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That's up to you. You wouldn't like my SetCPU setup, because it's mostly temperature settings, dealing with a phone in a cradle in a van in the middle of summer. If you have a stock cpu and you really don't use your phone in any really extreme way, you don't really need a profile.

Buddle you still rocking that optimus s?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Buddle you still rocking that optimus s?

Oh, hell no.... I actually gave that thing to a friend who wanted to update her phone from a blackberry to an android. Believe it or not, the screen on the OptiS is bigger than her screen on the blackberry.

Both the wife and I are on the Sprint GS3. The kid will prolly get a phone with a slide-out keyboard for her b-day in a couple of months.

DaUsedMCR

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
on my S3 i run cm 10.1 1/16 nightly with kt747 latest kernel, and i use smartassv2 with SIO with built in cpu controller, underclocked to 1026. i get a few days of battery life with moderate use. i also have an Onite 4500mah battery. my girl's s3 is rooted with FreeGS3 2.0 (3.0 is too laggy and unstable, i think she'd get frustrated), and i use the ktweaker app with smartassv2, SIO, underclocked to 1026, with stock battery and she gets about 1.5-2 days of battery life with moderate to heavy use. no problems or lag on either phone/rom.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Interactive or on demand with sio or noop scheduler. As far as kernel, I run Anthrax and would except no substitute. Battery life is unbeatable and if your one of those people that has to constantly measure their junk to make sure it's the biggest/fastest than look no further. His newest kernel is not only smooth but set at 1512, will bury the other overclocked kernels in Quadrant and Antu-tu. I'm new to Anthrax kernels but I have become a believer!

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Interactive or on demand with sio or noop scheduler. As far as kernel, I run Anthrax and would except no substitute. Battery life is unbeatable and if your one of those people that has to constantly measure their junk to make sure it's the biggest/fastest than look no further. His newest kernel is not only smooth but set at 1512, will bury the other overclocked kernels in Quadrant and Antu-tu. I'm new to Anthrax kernels but I have become a believer!

[rant]
Sorry. As far as I can tell, his kernel is broken (20130109). He wouldn't acknowledge a problem. And if I have to adjust my phone to his kernel, then there is more of a problem. It's always amazed me how some people are willing to make their phones jump thru hoops to run an experimental rom or kernel. I run a stock based rom with a stock kernel and my wifi, tether, camera, nfs, gallery, ect al. all work without having to stand on one leg while holding a feather and chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. My phone doesn't randomly reboot, get hot or send naked pics of my puffer fish to my kids teacher.

As soon as I find a custom kernel that works as good, if not better, than the stock kernel, I will switch. I'll be happy to try out kernels or roms, but you won't hear me declare it better than sliced white bread until it IS better than sliced white bread.
[/rant]

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
[rant]
Sorry. As far as I can tell, his kernel is broken (20130109). He wouldn't acknowledge a problem. And if I have to adjust my phone to his kernel, then there is more of a problem. It's always amazed me how some people are willing to make their phones jump thru hoops to run an experimental rom or kernel. I run a stock based rom with a stock kernel and my wifi, tether, camera, nfs, gallery, ect al. all work without having to stand on one leg while holding a feather and chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. My phone doesn't randomly reboot, get hot or send naked pics of my puffer fish to my kids teacher.

As soon as I find a custom kernel that works as good, if not better, than the stock kernel, I will switch. I'll be happy to try out kernels or roms, but you won't hear me declare it better than sliced white bread until it IS better than sliced white bread.
[/rant]
Nam-myono-renge-kyo was my favorite part. Personally I never had a problem with his 1/9 kernel rebooting or overheating. Unlike what you've heard his kernels will not overheat, unpartition your sd, delete files, send your credit card info to a secret location in the Cayman islands and will not spontaneously combust. Don't believe the trolling hype. If you dared, he does have at least 3 new STOCK kernels since 1/9 built from scratch using Samsung's own ingredients as the secret to his sauce. I also think it's big of you to go after Anthrax but not the patch work of KKangz747 kernels. But to each his own.
I did not say that his kernels were better than sliced white bread because I prefer a nice rye from a good NYC Jewish deli. As far as your puffer goes, I have not seen it so I am not sure if I want to see it naked.
Experimentation?...... best part of my teenage years and I look back upon them fondly. I even enjoyed experimenting in my first 6yrs as a Marine (first time I ever experienced Nam-myono-renge-kyo). I am more afraid of life that consists of sitting at home with my shades drawn, wearing a tinfoil hat and watching Fox news while clutching my bible.
Come on, all the "kewl" kids are doing it. lmfao!

Last edited:

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I only went after chads kernel by name because that was the only kernel named. I've tried all of the custom kernels. All of them have some kind of issue. None of them work right out of the box. All of them require you to remove/ rename something so it'll work properly. All of them break something.

A little test for you:

Find an accurate timer or alarm clock and set it for 30 minutes. Set the timer on your phone for 30 minutes. Turn them on at the same time. Let your phone shut the screen off/ sleep. This is very important to me. Others had repeatedly complained of random reboots. I also had that.

The man is ultra- talented. The man has a gift. The man also has a huge ego and is a tad unbalanced. I got very uncomfortable with the koresh-ian way his followers agree with his rants. Since I couldn't get any of his kernels to keep time, nor could I get a log of the lag, and I was uncomfortable, I asked to have my account deleted. Stock works perfectly.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I only went after chads kernel by name because that was the only kernel named. I've tried all of the custom kernels. All of them have some kind of issue. None of them work right out of the box. All of them require you to remove/ rename something so it'll work properly. All of them break something.

A little test for you:

Find an accurate timer or alarm clock and set it for 30 minutes. Set the timer on your phone for 30 minutes. Turn them on at the same time. Let your phone shut the screen off/ sleep. This is very important to me. Others had repeatedly complained of random reboots. I also had that.

The man is ultra- talented. The man has a gift. The man also has a huge ego and is a tad unbalanced. I got very uncomfortable with the koresh-ian way his followers agree with his rants. Since I couldn't get any of his kernels to keep time, nor could I get a log of the lag, and I was uncomfortable, I asked to have my account deleted. Stock works perfectly.
Trying the timer now. And after 30 minutes I'll get back to you.
I realize most require tweaks/file changes, because the developers have added functions such as mpdecision and thermald into the kernel. Renaming avoids the conflict but I'm sure you know this already.
Since my kids have brutalized my windows pc I have plenty of time to check the alarm and I will be honest.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Trying the timer now. And after 30 minutes I'll get back to you.
I realize most require tweaks/file changes, because the developers have added functions such as mpdecision and thermald into the kernel. Renaming avoids the conflict but I'm sure you know this already.
Since my kids have brutalized my windows pc I have plenty of time to check the alarm and I will be honest.
Here are my results using the latest stable Anthrax kernel:
I ran my S3 (Anthrax) against my old HTC Incredible against a internet timer. It was hard to get all three to start at the same time, especially when you're drinking, but they all went off within a fraction of a second or each other.
???
I like to flash different kernels and roms because I work at a dead end job and have the time. Plus, I do like to see what kind of hoops they can get a phone to jump through.
We will have to agree to disagree!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz