Root with Linux

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Since the JB Update, heimdall has not been updated to work with our phones yet. And my pc doesn't have the right processor to run windows 8 via VBox so I guess I'm just up a creek without a paddle for the time being

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
i am no expert but if you flash the recovy with ADB you can set the permissions that way to get it to flash. then you reboot into recovery via adb and flash the root files.

Maybe send DroidXcon a PM or Skunkape, they might/would know ADB better than I

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i am no expert but if you flash the recovy with ADB you can set the permissions that way to get it to flash. then you reboot into recovery via adb and flash the root files.

Maybe send DroidXcon a PM or Skunkape, they might/would know ADB better than I

im not familiar with the phone so i would not be comfortable with telling him to do this, but either way in order to flash the recovery we would need root access i believe so this is a catch 22

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Alright guys. Thanks for your help though :thumbup:

This is why my machine is a dual boot Linux and Windows. While I am learning to do more and more in Linux, I still find myself going back to Windows and Odin for the majority of things I do. It's just easier and being a single dad, finding time to learn Linux has been difficult. Especially being that I have no one around me that can help.

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
This is why my machine is a dual boot Linux and Windows. While I am learning to do more and more in Linux, I still find myself going back to Windows and Odin for the majority of things I do. It's just easier and being a single dad, finding time to learn Linux has been difficult. Especially being that I have no one around me that can help.

Oh yeah. Completely understandable. I ended up getting windows 7 running via VirtualBox by Oracle and got the usb drivers installed virtually that way. Then I just used Odin to get the recovery on and the root zip flashed. Yay 8 hour projects! Thats how I've managed to teach myself about linux lol. By force

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah. Completely understandable. I ended up getting windows 7 running via VirtualBox by Oracle and got the usb drivers installed virtually that way. Then I just used Odin to get the recovery on and the root zip flashed. Yay 8 hour projects! Thats how I've managed to teach myself about linux lol. By force

Glad you are back up.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty